New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Voice remote with multiple devices

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

Voice remote with multiple devices

I am trying to set up our new voice remote to control the volume on our tv and the volume on our sound bar. When I program one it works just fine but when I program the second one it seems to overwrite the first so it doesn't work anymore. I can only get one or the other to work. Is there a way to set it to control multiple devices? Who only has a TV and DVR anymore? The old remote had the buttons for multiple devices at the top.
Accepted Solution

Re: Voice remote with multiple devices

Machfun wrote:
I am trying to set up our new voice remote to control the volume on our tv and the volume on our sound bar. When I program one it works just fine but when I program the second one it seems to overwrite the first so it doesn't work anymore. I can only get one or the other to work. Is there a way to set it to control multiple devices? Who only has a TV and DVR anymore? The old remote had the buttons for multiple devices at the top.

Have you paired the remote to the dvr (press etup and then the Xfinity button and enter the 3 digit code) and follow the on screen instructions?

View answer in context
Official Employee

Machfun wrote:

Have you paired the remote to the dvr (press etup and then the Xfinity button and enter the 3 digit code) and follow the on screen instructions?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Just got the new comcast voice remote today.  Same exact issue!  someone please help!

New Poster

yes we have tried this several times.  I still only have either TV or audio.  whats the deal?

Service Expert

I believe the answer is you can control either but not both.

The X1 remotes can only control one sound source.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Yes, I did that. It's one or the other apparently.
Official Employee
Moved:

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation