Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

VUDU App

Contributor

VUDU App

It would be great to get a VUDU app! Please!
Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: VUDU App

Hello john_1, although we don't have an agreement with "VUDU" to stream their services on our platform we do listen to customers feedback. Please click on this link and request that "VUDU" be added to the apps on the X1 platform. 

All Replies
Gold Problem Solver

Absolutely nothing has been said about Amazon. Nobody has even mentioned Vudu until now.

Roughly a month ago I checked out Vudu looking for 4K content and I didn't see anything they are doing better than Netflix or Hulu.

What is your interest in Vudu? Maybe you need sell us on it...
New Poster

I would like to be able to access my Vudu app because we bought dozens of movies there

before xfinity 1 came to be.  I can still access it from my 4K TV, but would be nice to use just one remote.

Gold Problem Solver

Plenty of 3rd party universal remotes out there that will get you down to one remote.

Jimmyfoxx wrote:

I would like to be able to access my Vudu app because we bought dozens of movies there

before xfinity 1 came to be.  I can still access it from my 4K TV, but would be nice to use just one remote.

New Poster

I do not have a Smart TV, so to access Amazon or Vudu, I have to use my XBox. I would love to be able to use my X1.
Gold Problem Solver

You can buy media streamers for $30 to $35 that have access to FAR more content than X1 does...

Comcast ain't the only game in town...

Dawn1231 wrote:
I do not have a Smart TV, so to access Amazon or Vudu, I have to use my XBox. I would love to be able to use my X1.

Frequent Visitor

I wholeheartedly second that request for a VUDU app on the X1 !!!!

I have a great many HD movies on my VUDU account:

a) "Digital Copy" of Blu-Ray movies we own - linked through UltraViolet... the market leading Digital Copy provider for Blu-Ray movies

b) Many movies (both HD and SD) that I upgraded to "HD Digital Copy" through the VUDU "Disc-to-Digital" service (using their PC-based program, that verifies ownership by reading the physical disc... or by using the VUDU in-store conversion service at WalMart stores - in their photography centers)

c) Many "Digital Copies" of purchased "Disney Movies Anywhere"... which are also are linked to my VUDU account

d) several "Paramount Digital Copy" movies... ALSO linked to my VUDU account...

...so with one app (VUDU) I get access to not only my native VUDU movie titles, but all of my UltraViolet titles, Paramount titles, and my Disney titles.

I don't have "smart TV" functions in either of our 55" LED LCD TV's, nor in either of our front-projection systems... but I do have X1 boxes throughout my house.  

The X1 system is the "heart and soul" of our home entertainment system, everyone knows how to use it, and I don't want to try to force my wife to learn some new tech gear STB, just for this function... the X1 is the perfect place for it... just like they recently added Netflix.  The X1 platform has basically unlimited data bandwidth... I don't have to do anything with WiFi, Ethernet, or any of that mess... no extra HDMI connections needed... no extra equipment... it's a simple ONE BOX SOLUTION.

I would rather use virtual copies than the physical discs anytime... to preserve them from getting scratched.  It's also far easier than going down to our home theater storage area and looking through the decades of discs to find the one you want... when the VUDU online library search function works so much better.

Comcast... please consider this!  UltraViolet is so common on purchased movies these days, and VUDU is the "player app of choice", because they have it on so many hardware platforms... it's quickly becoming such a "defacto standard" for Digital Copies.

(Besides... VUDU is now owned by WalMart... who has plenty of "clout" to make it a lasting platform...)

Most Valued Poster

Nice, I did not know VUDU did all that, but then again I do not buy movies, so why should I.  

OK, here's the straight skinny.  Don't blame the messenger for the message.  Unless you are a very patient person and are willing to wait years, I would not hold your breath waiting for VUDU to come to the X1 platform.  

Get a Roku or some other streaming device of your preference.  One easy step to switch HDMI inputs and you will be in business.  It's the only way.  

Visitor

I currently use a robust type device, the cool thing about Netflix on the X1 device is when something is offered through Netflix it shows " free with Netflix subscription ". I own a lot of movies on ultraviolet I would like it all together.
New Poster

Vudu is and excellent place to have access to both Disney Movies Anywhere and Ultraviolet WHich covers all Video Lockers. Verizon intergrated UV into thier stores. Comcast and Amazon are behind the curve here and not doing anyone justice.  And hey a WWE app would be nice if we are be wishful.

Comcats and amazon are stores and I should be able to but things where I want and take them with me if the service is poor. UC amd DMA provide that consumer assurance.

Contributor

Sell you on it? Do you work for Comcast and make the call on what is added cause I'm confused.

I own nearly 400 titles in Vudu which is streaming from UV meaning I own the digital copy of it. It also streams Disney.

If Comcast is adding Netflix then they are looking to add other apps so x1 is solely used which I like.

Vudu has more 4k titles than Amazon offers and is in my opinion the best streaming service in the market it competes in. (Netflix is considered a different market as the model is different). Just throwing that out there so I don't get any replies that Netflix is the best.
Contributor

The same can be said for Netflix and Comcast added that. I'm confused on why you're posting alternatives to people when they post their opinion. This was for suggesting apps and features.
Official Employee

Hello john_1, although we don't have an agreement with "VUDU" to stream their services on our platform we do listen to customers feedback. Please click on this link and request that "VUDU" be added to the apps on the X1 platform.