New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Using a Slingbox with X1

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1 of 6

Currently using a Tivo Premiere with Slingbox Pro HD with component cables. The current X1 dvr Arris box doesn't have component jacks on the back only composite. Cable Tech is coming tomorrow to check with a problem I am having with Arris box. Was going to give back the cable card with Tivo (disconnect it) but my question will the Slingbox work if I hook up with composite and know I won't get HD when using on devices or should I ask the Tech if they have an X1 DVR box with component jacks I believe the Pace box does. Is the Pace box an older X1 model? and is there any new X1 DVR with component jacks? Thanks

5 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 6

tstack wrote:

Currently using a Tivo Premiere with Slingbox Pro HD with component cables. The current X1 dvr Arris box doesn't have component jacks on the back only composite. Cable Tech is coming tomorrow to check with a problem I am having with Arris box. Was going to give back the cable card with Tivo (disconnect it) but my question will the Slingbox work if I hook up with composite and know I won't get HD when using on devices or should I ask the Tech if they have an X1 DVR box with component jacks I believe the Pace box does. Is the Pace box an older X1 model? and is there any new X1 DVR with component jacks? Thanks

only the oldest first generation x1 boxes will have component connections. (companion rng150, DVR xg1 with only 5 tuners made by pace). Composite should work fine and is available on any Xg1 DVR and on the Xg2 companion.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 3 of 6
Receiving video and sound the problem is finding which remote will work. Couldn't find XR11 and others XR5 won't work. Need help again.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 4 of 6
Where is the remote sensor for Slingbox IR Extenders on Arris X1 dvr??? I thought it was the light under the word Remote but not sure. Need to change channels using Slingbox. Thanks
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 5 of 6
My installer told me today that the new X1 cable boxes only have RF remote receivers and no IR receiver and the Slingbox IR extenders won't work. There are converter cables that can change component connections to the HDMI connection on the new X1 box but the IR will still be a problem. Can anyone confirm or offer a fix?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 6

I currently use a converter for hdmi to component, since an active converter is required for digital to analog. I use this one,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A8FIQXA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, this post has good info about ir on all the x1 boxes,

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-Boxes-and-IR-Locations/m-p/2720333#M101085