members

online now

discussions

Upcoming X1 Updates

SOLVED
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 351 of 2,935
Andrew- Thanks for reopening this thread. It is important since this thread is our way as customers to recieve info about X1 updates. Somehow, the thread got renamed, can we change it back to "X1 updates" since that is the topic of this thread?
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 352 of 2,935

brandonbob2376 wrote:
Andrew- Thanks for reopening this thread. It is important since this thread is our way as customers to receive info aboutX1 updates. Somehow, the thread got renamed, can we change it back to "X1 updates" since that is the topic of this thread?

lol, that was a creative way of fixing the thread name, thanks Andrew! Sorry, I didn't realize that was a simple thing I could do from the subject field of the post. silly me...

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 353 of 2,935
No worries I think the original topic was merged at some point with another. Happy Holidays!

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 354 of 2,935

Andrew, I remember you posted about 1.48 at some point. Do you know what happened to that update or what to expect with it?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 355 of 2,935
One new feature I noticed is under "Apps" there is a Sports Extras Beta tab- it's only football but pretty cool.
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 356 of 2,935

ComcastAndrew wrote:
No worries I think the original topic was merged at some point with another. Happy Holidays!

Thank you for re-opening and renaming. I thought only you guys could close a thread and I was not pleased that this one was closed. Only a small part of it was off topic and getting rude but thats no reason to close the whole thing.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 357 of 2,935

Hi, Andrew.

Please add the ability to delay the stop time on standard recordings (not live ones) by more than minutes. This is important on Sunday nights after sporting events, or after award shows. The Scientific Atlanta units can delay up to 1.5 hours. Yes, you can kludge it by recording the next show on the schedule with a two minute early start time to avoid a gap, but shouldn't the X-1 be at least on par with the earlier generation in this regard?

-- Dave Konkel

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 358 of 2,935
Please add the ability to delay the stop time on standard recordings (not live ones) by more than minutes. This is important on Sunday nights after sporting events, or after award shows. The Scientific Atlanta units can delay up to 1.5 hours. Yes, you can kludge it by recording the next show on the schedule with a two minute early start time to avoid a gap, but shouldn't the X-1 be at least on par with the earlier generation in this regard?
-- Dave Konkel

Did you know that you can a whole channel for up to 7 hours? Use left arrow to highlight channel hit record and then choose the option that fits your needs.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 359 of 2,935

kkonkel2 wrote:

Hi, Andrew.

-- Dave Konkel

if you have a smartphone or tablet you can get the free xfinity Remote App and modify individual and series as you like. Do remember that 7 hours total is maximum for one recording. Must be an Operating System limit. but like you said you can record later shows on the schedule.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 360 of 2,935

Rustyben wrote:

kkonkel2 wrote:

Hi, Andrew.

-- Dave Konkel

if you have a smartphone or tablet you can get the free xfinity Remote App and modify individual and series as you like. Do remember that 7 hours total is maximum for one recording. Must be an Operating System limit. but like you said you can record later shows on the schedule.

Here we go again with suggestions of smartphone/tablet apps to do what X1 on -screen should do. Not all of us want to use mulitple devices to WATCH TV. I pay dearly for the X1 service and sure don't think I should have to buy/use other devices so I can record shows. Its a nice perk  for those who choose to view tv on tiny screens but  should not be the normal  'way' to do things.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 361 of 2,935

Ya know Rusty,

I am gonna take Terri's side on this one. You are so busy stretching to find solutions that you are forgetting ease of use and practicality. Introducing a second or third control device IS NOT a solution, it is a patch or a bandaid.

If I can't control something from only my Harmony 900 remote using only my right thumb, the solution is probably pointless. Both you and I forget that a vast majority of people in this forum are steadfastly trying to control their systems the XR2. The difference between you and me is I never stray from one remote solutions yet you seem happy with introducing additional control devices.

Rusty sometimes you try so hard (and stretch so hard) to find find solutions for people that you drift out of bounds on how many devices it takes and how easy it is to control the system. How many control devices are you currently using on a day to day basis? Are you bouncing back and forth between the XR2 and smartphones as you have suggested so many other people do? Would you present that solution to other members of your household. I would never suggest that to anyone unless I was personally on site to teach them how to use it. That might be another difference between me and you. If my significant other can't use it, I doubt I would present it in this forum.

If you are truly trying to help people in this forum, then please put ease of use higher on your priority scale. Your solutions are almost always complicated. Your explanations are almost always complicated.

Please consider your audience.

Rustyben wrote:

kkonkel2 wrote:

Hi, Andrew.

-- Dave Konkel

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 362 of 2,935

RickGr4 wrote:

Ya know Rusty,

I am gonna take Terri's side on this one. You are so busy stretching to find solutions that you are forgetting ease of use and practicality. Introducing a second or third control device IS NOT a solution, it is a patch or a bandaid.

If I can't control something from only my Harmony 900 remote using only my right thumb, the solution is probably pointless.

Rusty sometimes you try so hard (and stretch so hard) to find find solutions for people that you drift out of bounds on how many devices it takes and how easy it is to control the system. How many control devices are you currently using on a day to day basis? Are you bouncing back and forth between the XR2 and smartphones as you have suggested so many other people do? I would never suggest that to anyone unless I was personally on site to teach them how to use it.

If you are truly trying to help people in this forum, then please put ease of use higher on your priority scale. Your solutions are almost always complicated. Your explanations are almost always complicated.

Rustyben wrote:

kkonkel2 wrote:

Hi, Andrew.

-- Dave Konkel

My dear friend Rick, You literally 'floored me' as I just picked myself up  over you taking my side.....lol. You phrased well what I was trying to say about too much stretching/ bandaids/ way too complicated solutions. I see these types of responses from more than one of our helpful members. Sometimes thinking  out of the box is just not productive. We average X1 users are looking for simpler solutions not more complex ones.  KISS is always best.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 363 of 2,935

I don't think it's such a bad idea to let people know other options, like cell apps, internet apps, universal remotes, etc exists. If people like rusty didn't mention them some people wouldn't know they were available.

Having said that tho, these other options are just that... options or perks or bandaids. They aren't permanent solutions. A solution using basic equipment issued by Comcast should be considered first. Simplicity should definitely be considered.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 364 of 2,935

Terri,

You and I may never agree on the guide font size but I will never deviate from my cause of making things easy to use. If the X1 users in this forum could come to my house and see how simple and easy it is to control my X1 systems I would be a bazillionaire. If my GF can run it, that means anyone else on God's green earth could run it, yet she is an extremely bright woman.

I have no doubt that Rusty is sincerely here to help people. I respect him for that. But he hasn't figured out that he speaks in a language that most people do not understand. I have tried to tell him that. We have had other forum members like that. Shane the pizzaman was like that when he first joined this forum. But Shane has become easily one of the most valued members of this forum. Shane and I disagree often but his contributions to this forum and Comcast customers CANNOT be debated. Rusty will figure it out in time. Knowledge is one thing. Ability to communicate that knowledge to others is another thing...

Yes, Terri for the vast majority of people KISS is the best and I am well aware of that. See, we actually do agree on something...

TerriB wrote:

RickGr4 wrote:

Ya know Rusty,

If I can't control something from only my Harmony 900 remote using only my right thumb, the solution is probably pointless.

Rusty sometimes you try so hard (and stretch so hard) to find find solutions for people that you drift out of bounds on how many devices it takes and how easy it is to control the system. How many control devices are you currently using on a day to day basis? Are you bouncing back and forth between the XR2 and smartphones as you have suggested so many other people do? I would never suggest that to anyone unless I was personally on site to teach them how to use it.

Rustyben wrote:

kkonkel2 wrote:

Hi, Andrew.

-- Dave Konkel

My dear friend Rick, You literally 'floored me' as I just picked myself up  over you taking my side.....lol. You phrased well what I was trying to say about too much stretching/ bandaids/ way too complicated solutions. I see these types of responses from more than one of our helpful members. Sometimes thinking  out of the box is just not productive. We average X1 users are looking for simpler solutions not more complex ones.  KISS is always best.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 365 of 2,935

Rick -  I don't have a problem whatsoever with those who know more about this stuff  sharing tips and tricks,etc. I have learned a lot from you and some others whom I consider friends.  I am sure there are many who can benefit from the more complex and/or multi device methods but it goes over most of our heads and makes us think we should/have to  go 'way out there' to get things to work like we want them too.  In my house we are 50+ and  record like crazy  and watch tv/movies for enjoyment and if I have to make a device lab in my family room just to do what I need to do then its no longer enjoyable. We are the type of family who doesn't even want to fool with a bunch of remotes and unless we watch a dvd we only use one. When I see multiple remotes on friends' tables my neck hair bristles. Too much work to do simple things that one remote can do IMHO.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 366 of 2,935

I'm not taking sides on this issue as it is ultimately up to the eyes of the end user on the font issue.....but I am going to throw this out there....

We have 2 lighted remotes...red and white....  I cannot use the red backlit remote...  my wife dislikes it as well... so we began a conversation about colors and font size....

She reminded me of my pre-windows days in IT when I would insall 5250 enmulation on desktops so they could access IBM servers....   the end user could change the color of the screen text to whatever they felt most comfortable with....

This being said, my wife then again reminded me that users who had dark eye colors would alwys gravitate towards the RED or darker font colors....    those with lighter eyes woul invariably gofor WHITE text colors....

Apparenly I made this observation about 17 years ago but had forgotten all about it..... my wife had to remind me of this....

I truly do not know if it means anything at all....just thought i would add something to this.

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 367 of 2,935

geek46 wrote:

I'm not taking sides on this issue as it is ultimately up to the eyes of the end user on the font issue.....but I am going to throw this out there....

We have 2 lighted remotes...red and white....  I cannot use the red backlit remote...  my wife dislikes it as well... so we began a conversation about colors and font size....

She reminded me of my pre-windows days in IT when I would insall 5250 enmulation on desktops so they could access IBM servers....   the end user could change the color of the screen text to whatever they felt most comfortable with....

This being said, my wife then again reminded me that users who had dark eye colors would alwys gravitate towards the RED or darker font colors....    those with lighter eyes woul invariably gofor WHITE text colors....

Apparenly I made this observation about 17 years ago but had forgotten all about it..... my wife had to remind me of this....

I truly do not know if it means anything at all....just thought i would add something to this.

-=Ray=-

Very interesting about the eye color and text. I wonder if anyone has ever done a study...goodness knows seems everything has a study done on it...lol. Hubby and I  have light eye color and hate to throw a wrench in this but white text is the worst for us.

To save turning a  light on and off  to use the remote we really need a backlight on the Comcast remote regardless of the color but I'll be darned if I am going to to give them $20 to get one.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 368 of 2,935

Well, i finally tried to try the 7 hour recording but it can't be started any time aside from now - I can't at noon tell it to record from 5PM to midnight. It;s a good feature that could be better

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 369 of 2,935
Well, i finally tried to try the 7 hour recording but it can't be started any time aside from now - I can't at noon tell it to record from 5PM to midnight. It;s a good feature that could be better
What happens when you arrow down to start and hit ok ( do you not see the arrows above hour and minute that allows you to adjust time?) and then arrow down to date and hit ok ( same arrows to change date)

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 370 of 2,935

Thanks,

it didn't work before but all is ok now.

a good feature.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 371 of 2,935
So where is this update to fix the Samsung compatibility issues? Stillllllll waiting. Comcast sucks.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 372 of 2,935

the current version seems to be stuck (no updates). My guess is that after the fiasco during halloween, thanksgiving, and christmas (where users could not make their equipment watch anything), is that heads rolled, and a regrouping/restart/post mortem has begun. Amazing that comcast doesn't have beta test team of customers with custom web page option to allow load of beta or current stable release versions to their equipment.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 373 of 2,935

Rustyben wrote:

the current version seems to be stuck (no updates). My guess is that after the fiasco during Halloween, thanksgiving, and Christmas (where users could not make their equipment watch anything), is that heads rolled, and a regrouping/restart/post mortem has begun. Amazing that Comcast doesn't have beta test team of customers with custom web page option to allow load of beta or current stable release versions to their equipment.

Who knows what Comcast does or doesn't do ? They have been singularly silent about their development process. This forum has produced many excellent work arounds and suggestions  but we never hear back from the powers that be about any of them.

It would be a real public relations coup if the forum users could get some feedback from the development team for X1 or at least someone in management. My problem is I just get to liking X1 and then it begins to malfunction or load like an old dial up connection.  About a week ago the movie listing was taking more than 30 seconds to load and then was incomplete. A few hours later it began to work properly. In another post  I referenced  a second problem with the Comcast web site trying to download malware.. All of these problems point to a real problem with the Comcast organization.

X! reminds me of a horrible blue car I had years ago that constantly malfunctioned. It was so unreliable my  wife called it the "Blue Bunion". This car KNEW when you needed it to work and chose that time to malfunction. Finally a dealer offered me $300 for a trade up to a Ford Pinto. I said a silent prayer that it wouldn't blow up as the lot mechanic drove it away for the last time. The Pinto felt like a Cadillac compared to that monster.

This forum has had many intelligent posters and I will take the liberty of asking for us all " Why is Comcast constantly coming off as run by a bunch of uncaring incompetents ?"

Happy New Year,

BJ

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 374 of 2,935

BeowolfJones wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

the current version seems to be stuck (no updates). My guess is that after the fiasco during Halloween, thanksgiving, and Christmas (where users could not make their equipment watch anything), is that heads rolled, and a regrouping/restart/post mortem has begun. Amazing that Comcast doesn't have beta test team of customers with custom web page option to allow load of beta or current stable release versions to their equipment.

Who knows what Comcast does or doesn't do ? They have been singularly silent about their development process. This forum has produced many excellent work arounds and suggestions  but we never hear back from the powers that be about any of them.

It would be a real public relations coup if the forum users could get some feedback from the development team for X1 or at least someone in management. My problem is I just get to liking X1 and then it begins to malfunction or load like an old dial up connection.  About a week ago the movie listing was taking more than 30 seconds to load and then was incomplete. A few hours later it began to work properly. In another post  I referenced  a second problem with the Comcast web site trying to download malware.. All of these problems point to a real problem with the Comcast organization.

X! reminds me of a horrible blue car I had years ago that constantly malfunctioned. It was so unreliable my  wife called it the "Blue Bunion". This car KNEW when you needed it to work and chose that time to malfunction. Finally a dealer offered me $300 for a trade up to a Ford Pinto. I said a silent prayer that it wouldn't blow up as the lot mechanic drove it away for the last time. The Pinto felt like a Cadillac compared to that monster.

This forum has had many intelligent posters and I will take the liberty of asking for us all " Why is Comcast constantly coming off as run by a bunch of uncaring incompetents ?"

Happy New Year,

BJ

we bought a new blue ford escort, traded it after 2 years when we knew the first name and phone numbers of all the tow truck drivers in the area.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 375 of 2,935

Since this thread has been about X1 release versions I'd like to start a best of suggestions thread within a thread.

Feel free to add your own suggestions. when we get enough I'll try (again) to forward these to ?

1. DVR allows you to watch a prerecorded program no matter what the status of the Comcast's  back end.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 376 of 2,935
I believe they go to Comcast Andrew because he is the one that has replied most often in this thread. My suggestion, request is for the trick play in the DVR to work better
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 377 of 2,935

I just rebooted my Pace X1 DVR and noticed that is is ruuning 1.48.07

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 378 of 2,935

sb100 wrote:

I just rebooted my Pace X1 DVR and noticed that is is ruuning 1.48.07

Yes.  We've started moving more folks to XRE-1.48 servers.  Enjoy!

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 379 of 2,935
Neal,

Any new changes, or just bug fixes?
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 380 of 2,935

Some performance enhancements to the grid and last 9 loading as well as a few updates to prepare for the release of our voice remote.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 381 of 2,935

grantsa4 wrote:
Neal,

Any new changes, or just bug fixes?

Well, the bump video back 10 seconds or whatever on my Companion box (1.48.07) now bumps forward about 30 seconds when I press the button while I'm fast forwarding instead of back 10 seconds or whatever like it used to. That's the only change I noticed.

Main X1 box is still interrupting recording to reboot. That is still highly annoying, expecially since it never does it during commercials.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 382 of 2,935

Neal, pandora has stopped working for me with the move to 48p7. It was working with 2.0/47..any thoughts?

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 383 of 2,935
Gotpizza pace or Arris XG1? I'll test tonight or tomorrow.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 384 of 2,935

ComcastNeal wrote:

Some performance enhancements to the grid and last 9 loading as well as a few updates to prepare for the release of our voice remote.

3 drv's here, 2 blueies, 1 greenie, all pace. the greenie only can access Vod Guide movies>free movies (by genre) and get a listing. The bluies scroll 20 or so white lines and then no data at all. Very strange. reported several times first by another user on this forum.

gotpizza pandora is working on my 2 blueies with new version still on old firmware though.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 385 of 2,935

Pandora workin fine here in the chilly and snowy Twin Cities on Arris DVR with 2.0/1.48.07...

ComcastNeal wrote:
Gotpizza pace or Arris XG1? I'll test tonight or tomorrow.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 386 of 2,935

ComcastNeal wrote:

This is music to my ears with an RNG150..

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 387 of 2,935

Neal or Andrew -

do you or anyone know the rollout schedule for the cloud services? I am in northern california and was told this was coming to my area soon. this was a few months ago.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 388 of 2,935
It's schedule for sometime in q2 of this year, no date to share right now. Timing is still being worked on.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 389 of 2,935

ComcastChad wrote:
It's schedule for sometime in q2 of this year, no date to share right now. Timing is still being worked on.

thanks Chad!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 390 of 2,935

ComcastNeal wrote:

The grid entries lose 50% of the font 'whiteness/brightness' when you scroll over any text. Even if you 'exit' and hit guide again the text is still dark.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 391 of 2,935

1.48.07... pace blue.... MN south metro

Navigation seems a whole lot snappier on the main DVR

Pandora works fine.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 392 of 2,935

ok that's new. hit guide and it shows up overlaid with "We're sorry. The Guide is not responding". Went to recordings same thing.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 393 of 2,935

Sorry to divert the chain of thought, but at about 7 this morning I had NO service - no TV, no Internet, no voice.

When calling about the outage there was no option to address a total outage, I had to choose 1.  Tried phone.  Useless. He wanted me to plug and unplug the modem, etc.  I explained that it was more than the services coming through the modem, it was everything.

He told me that he could only address phone and internet and i would have to call back for tv.

He also made it a point to tell me that he knew what he was doing.

Questions:  Why did I waste my time? Why not one point of contact who had the sense to understand my service was out?

He scheduled a service call which I cancelled a few hours after my service came back, one segment at a time.

It seems that we all are experiencing frustrations that should be addressed. 

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 394 of 2,935

Pizza,

I may have spoke too soon. There is some sort of problem with apps... They don't always want to open and when they do they are sluggish.

gotpizza wrote:

Neal, pandora has stopped working for me with the move to 48p7. It was working with 2.0/47..any thoughts?

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 395 of 2,935

Rustyben wrote:

ok that's new. hit guide and it shows up overlaid with "We're sorry. The Guide is not responding". Went to recordings same thing.

We have 148.07 and had that overlay all day/evening yesterday.  It was annoying but the guide and DVR worked just fine so we ignored it and it was gone this morning.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 396 of 2,935

Rustyben wrote:

re slow-mo and jog shuttle frame by frame forward back suggestion

Comcast: the function of slow-mo should cycle as it does now 'from' pause so that presses of the FF / FR (FR = Fast reverse)

increase the speed in that direction. Example from pause, FF should give single frame advance per 1 second, another FF press 2 per second (rate), another FF 3 per second and finally FF 4 per second. A FF press from there should move to either pause OR 1 frame per second. Exactly the same for reverse slow-mo.

For 'pause' jog shuttle, the Channel button UP/Down should be frame by frame up/down (advance 1 frame enter pause again). Holding down the Channel UP or Channel Down should repeat the frame advance one per second.

while in slow-motion, a press of Pause/Play should cycle to 'pause' NOT play. Play should only restart from paused video by press of the Play button.

example scenario: video is playing. PAUSE. Slo-mo begin in reverse with 3 presses of FR, passed part wanted press Play/pause. Press FF for 1 frame per second to near 'event' and hit pause. use Jog/shuttle of channel up down to navigate to frame(s) desired. When Slo-mo, jog-shuttle feature use is complete user presses PLAY/Pause one time if picture is still in pause, or two times (transition to pause then play) if current view is slo-mo FF or slow-mo FR.

While in trick play there should never appear a large icon of play etc in middle of screen, no progress bar, the tiny symbol could be shown in lower left where it is with the status screen of fa1 fa2 fa3 fa4 fr1 fr2 fr3 fr4 pause. it should time out and disappear after some few seconds of still (say 4 seconds) to allow screen shot.

For extra credit while in this trick play, a press of 'RECORD' when paused should capture a screen shot (with navigation etc removed) and send that image to user's email address.

well new version 148.07 has adjusted some things on slo mo. This is for the record. first the slo-mo is sluggish that is you have to wait for slo-mo to start before you can pause it. scenario. Hit pause. then hit FF you get symbol >| and after/when slo-mo (1/2 speed) does begin, a press of play/pause does shift to pause. This is much better than play but the sluggishnish means any attempt to 'jog' a frame or two forward won't work as the press of play/pause before slomo starts begins play function not pause. SInce this has been changed, I'm hopeful they are still working on the issue and that the issue is 'network' delay vs local lab testing and can eventually be fixed.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 397 of 2,935

TerriB wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

We have 148.07 and had that overlay all day/evening yesterday.  It was annoying but the guide and DVR worked just fine so we ignored it and it was gone this morning.

we still have it today. are you on firmware 2.0 ? I'm on old firmware

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 398 of 2,935
Same issue here with overlay saying guide not responding. Server 1.48.07 firmware 2.8.0. Andrew, Neal or any other comcast employee aware of this pphenomena?
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 399 of 2,935

Rustyben wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

we still have it today. are you on firmware 2.0 ? I'm on old firmware

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 400 of 2,935

Terri,

There are two softwares in each box.  One is the XRE which is 1.48.xx as an example.

The other is te Receiver Native Veersion, which is 1.3.4 as a example.

The new Receiver is 2.0.0.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon