members

online now

discussions

Upcoming X1 Updates

SOLVED
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2951 of 3,001

All - thanks for the comments and feedback here.

XFINITY X1 Remotes – B Button Now Serving as Accessibility Shortcut

Effective this week, XFINITY X1 customers can now use the B key on their X1 remote control to easily access the Accessibility Settings menu.

Today, approximately two million customers use Closed Captioning and/or Voice Guidance. XFINITY customers with disabilities, as well as those who speak English as a second language, kids, seniors and all others who rely on the Accessibility menu can now get there faster and more easily. In the Accessibility menu, you’ll find Closed Captioning, Video Description, Voice Guidance and Enhanced Text Readability options.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2952 of 3,001

ThomT wrote:

What's new in this XRE from 9/20/17?

Customer Facing Updates:

• Added functionality to the button on the X1 Remote: Pressing the button will now open the Accessibility Settings
    • We want all of our customers to spend less time getting to their entertainment and more time enjoying it. About two million customers today use closed captioning and/or voice guidance, and one of the biggest changes this month is that they can now use the B key on any X1 remote as a quick launch into the Accessibility Settings menu. In this menu, you’ll find options including: Closed Captioning, Video Description, Voice Guidance and Enhanced Text Readability. Customers with disabilities, as well as those who speak English as a second language, kids, seniors, and people with cognitive disabilities, who rely on the Accessibility Menu can now get there faster and more easily.

• Added self-healing account refresh to prevent "Requires HSD" upsell overlay when attempting to access Internet features. Note: This feature is trialing with Netflix.

• Added functionality to cause purchased programs to always return in a text search, even when a program is no longer available on TV or On Demand.

• Added Purchase PIN to the Settings main menu.
    • The Purchase PIN was previously listed in the Parental Controls settings menu, and required customers to create a Parental Controls PIN, before they had the option to create a Purchase PIN.
    • By listing the Purchase PIN on the Settings main menu, customers will be able to easily set a Purchase PIN restrict without having to create a Parental Controls PIN.

• Updated Recent Purchases so that customers can more easily browse their purchased content.
  • Updated NFL Sports Team pages to display season stats, in-game scores, team record and standing.
  • Updated upsell messaging for non-HD customers to prioritize SD content.
    • 800-XFINITY has been removed. New messaging: “You'll need to add HD service to view this channel. Go to xfinity.com and select Shop/Upgrade to add to your package.”
  • Updated upsell overlay text to improve the customer experience and reduce calls.
    • Old: “Included with Subscription”; New: “This requires a Subscription”
    • Old: “To watch this program, you'll need to add this channel to your lineup”; New: “To watch this program, you'll need to subscribe to this channel.”
  • Updated gallery row design. Visual updates to gallery rows improve the design experience as customers browse content.
  • Updated on-screen messaging that appears when X1 customers wait for activation processes.
    • Note:This will not appear on Xi devices.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2953 of 3,001

2 million customers use closed captioning so you need to take away the B button funtion just to add a shortcut to closed captioning??   I have no problem accessing closed captioning by pushing the down arrow key while watching any program but I still can't see a picture of what I am watching while I am in the guide by pressing the B button, or any button for that matter??  Great decision Comcast!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2954 of 3,001

jwmccnn wrote:

2 million customers use closed captioning so you need to take away the B button funtion just to add a shortcut to closed captioning??   I have no problem accessing closed captioning by pushing the down arrow key while watching any program but I still can't see a picture of what I am watching while I am in the guide by pressing the B button, or any button for that matter??  Great decision Comcast!

It’s not only closed captioning. The B button now takes you to ALL accessibility settings. I personally have no problem with this choice and think it is Comcast showIng they care about helping those that need to access these menus without numerous clicks to get the accessibility.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2955 of 3,001

brandonbob2376 wrote:

jwmccnn wrote:

It’s not only closed captioning. The B button now takes you to ALL accessibility settings. I personally have no problem with this choice and think it is Comcast showIng they care about helping those that need to access these menus without numerous clicks to get the accessibility.

The problem is that there are other ways to get to the settings menus. There is no other way to get the PIP feature. If there was another way to get the PIP feature without using the B button I would agree, but Comcast took away a useful feature just to make it a half second faster for some users to get to a menu. Just doesn't make any sense. I assume they did this because being able to see a TV guide and have the PIP function took up too much bandwidth and they would rather cut back on the bandwidth than spend money building out more capacity.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2956 of 3,001

ComcastTeds wrote:

ThomT wrote:

Customer Facing Updates:

• Added functionality to the button on the X1 Remote: Pressing the button will now open the Accessibility Settings
    • We want all of our customers to spend less time getting to their entertainment and more time enjoying it. About two million customers today use closed captioning and/or voice guidance, and one of the biggest changes this month is that they can now use the B key on any X1 remote as a quick launch into the Accessibility Settings menu. In this menu, you’ll find options including: Closed Captioning, Video Description, Voice Guidance and Enhanced Text Readability. Customers with disabilities, as well as those who speak English as a second language, kids, seniors, and people with cognitive disabilities, who rely on the Accessibility Menu can now get there faster and more easily.

• Added self-healing account refresh to prevent "Requires HSD" upsell overlay when attempting to access Internet features. Note: This feature is trialing with Netflix.

• Added functionality to cause purchased programs to always return in a text search, even when a program is no longer available on TV or On Demand.

• The Purchase PIN was previously listed in the Parental Controls settings menu, and required customers to create a Parental Controls PIN, before they had the option to create a Purchase PIN.
    • By listing the Purchase PIN on the Settings main menu, customers will be able to easily set a Purchase PIN restrict without having to create a Parental Controls PIN.

• Updated Recent Purchases so that customers can more easily browse their purchased content.
  • Updated NFL Sports Team pages to display season stats, in-game scores, team record and standing.
    • 800-XFINITY has been removed. New messaging: “You'll need to add HD service to view this channel. Go to xfinity.com and select Shop/Upgrade to add to your package.”
  • Updated upsell overlay text to improve the customer experience and reduce calls.
    • Old: “To watch this program, you'll need to add this channel to your lineup”; New: “To watch this program, you'll need to subscribe to this channel.”
  • Updated gallery row design. Visual updates to gallery rows improve the design experience as customers browse content.
  • Updated on-screen messaging that appears when X1 customers wait for activation processes.

Thanks for the update.  Other than this forum, how can I and other customers find out what features are available in the current XRE?  

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2957 of 3,001

ThomT wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote:

ThomT wrote:

Customer Facing Updates:

Thanks for the update.  Other than this forum, how can I and other customers find out what features are available in the current XRE?  

I believe this is the one and only place for finding out about upcoming X1 customer facing updates. A Comcast rep can correct me if I am wrong but I am fairly certain this thread is your go to location for feature update information.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2958 of 3,001

Anyone notice any updates to anything useful that was requested in this forum?

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2959 of 3,001

tctc wrote:

Anyone notice any updates to anything useful that was requested in this forum?

Absolutely nothing and I agree with others that taking away the original 'B' functionality that was so useful and replacing it with access to accessibility settings is redundant . Other than turning CC on which can be done so fast using down arrow how often do users need to get to accessibility settings with this new function as there are other quick ways to get to it.  I just don't understand the logic and has anyone in the forums ever requested the new functionality of the 'B' button? Sometimes when they add functions they say its from customer input yet we never see that input on the forums and you would think we would or what good is this user platform. I just don't get the rationale of removing so many useful features over the past couple of years and adding others that just don't seem to be needed or can be found elsewhere.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2960 of 3,001

I haven't posted in a while since X1 hasn't broken lately. I do like the larger pictures displayed in the guide for movies when they went to 5 movies per row instead of six. Instead of the blue button repurposing how about giving us back a quickie way to get to the weather and temperatures like we used to have. We have been promised it was coming but when ?

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2961 of 3,001

BeowolfJones wrote:

I haven't posted in a while since X1 hasn't broken lately. I do like the larger pictures displayed in the guide for movies when they went to 5 movies per row instead of six. Instead of the blue button repurposing how about giving us back a quickie way to get to the weather and temperatures like we used to have. We have been promised it was coming but when ?

I really do not like having to say 'weather' into the remote and wait just to get the temp and then have to go another step  to get to the forecast. With the old 'b' button function we got the temp immediately which was much better.  Unlike what they have assigned now to the 'b' button with other simple ways to get to those settings we really don't have a viable replacement to the 'b' for temp/weather. I don't 'get it'

CORRECTION: I was thinking about weather and PIP at the same time as two useful features we lost and messed up in my response . Thanks Andrew for letting me know.  The left arrow brought up the weather and the 'b' brought up PIP.  We need both those functions somewhere again.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2962 of 3,001
Terri, the B button wasn't weather it was for PIP while looking at the guide. I believe you are referring to the notification area that was changed awhile back and accessed with the left arrow button.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2963 of 3,001

ComcastAndrew wrote:
Terri, the B button wasn't weather it was for PIP while looking at the guide. I believe you are referring to the notification area that was changed awhile back and accessed with the left arrow button.

Ooops....you are so right. I was thinking PIP and weather both being gone and got mixed up. Yes....the left arrow brought up the weather. Sorry! I am going to correct my message.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2964 of 3,001
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2965 of 3,001

BeowolfJones wrote:

A suggestion for a new feature would be access to the episodes of Star Trek Discovery since we already pay for the priveledge of watching CBS shows via Comcast. If not, I propose everyone boycott the show until CBS realizes the public won't pay their "Ransom" to view anything but the first episode.

That's not in any way Comcast related.  (I'm boycotting that show because the first episode was horrible.)

A new "feature" would be retaining my preference of what screen to go to when I press the Xfinity button.

Because it's complerly ridiculous that it can't do that yet and still reverts.  Pathetic really.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2966 of 3,001

One thing I have noticed that seems to have changed lately is in the movie guide listing. Using the default filters when you looked at the info for a movie and what channel it was on, you got the channel the movie was on listed below the pretty (?) picture. If the movie was shown on other channels you could find them by selecting "other times" and you would get a list of channels.

For Example:

"Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back" on TNT Channel 58

Select "Other times" and you only get Channel 58 listed even though TNT is also on Channel 667 (HD) and channel 1404 (HD).

The guide used to show the other channels in the "Other times" listing.

If you set the filter to (HD) before the search you get the other channels which are HD when you select "Other Times" but it seems a hassle to do when it wasn't required before.

No Biggie, just a heads up for those who might be interested.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2967 of 3,001

Yes I agree we should have a way to make that the default setting .

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2968 of 3,001

WindsurfMaui wrote:

Yes I agree we should have a way to make that the default setting .

Such a basic basic basic simple upgrade that it's truly sad that it hasn't been implemented yet.

And even worse, is that the default that it always resets to is something that already has a dedicated button on the remote.

If you wanted to win a joke contest on who could design the worst UI, that is exactly what you would do.

I can't decide if 2nd place would be for covering up over a third of the screen when you press the Play button or putting the Pause and Play function on the same button on the remote.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2969 of 3,001

Ah yes, it's that great time of year again, the start of the NHL season.

And as I spend 5 minutes trying over and over again to rewind and "non-slow-mo" to see if a player is offsides, I once again wonder when we will actually get to this awesome future that is advertised as already being here...

Hi Comcast,

Can we please get slow motion and frame by frame advance?

Thanks,

Your long time customer paying over $250 per month

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2970 of 3,001

tctc wrote:

And as I spend 5 minutes trying over and over again to rewind and "non-slow-mo" to see if a player is offsides, I once again wonder when we will actually get to this awesome future that is advertised as already being here...

Hi Comcast,

Thanks,

until they are allowed to have jog-shuttle true trick-play, I use my iphone to record segments of special effects from the TV screen (for example). then play it back, pause and use finger to swipe the progress bar to have jog shuttle freeze motion. not ideal but it does work.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2971 of 3,001

Rustyben wrote:

tctc wrote:

Hi Comcast,

Thanks,

until they are allowed to have jog-shuttle true trick-play, I use my iphone to record segments of special effects from the TV screen (for example). then play it back, pause and use finger to swipe the progress bar to have jog shuttle freeze motion. not ideal but it does work.

So just taking a video of the screen? (As opposed to playing the content from your phone)

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2972 of 3,001

tctc wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

tctc wrote:

Hi Comcast,

Thanks,

So just taking a video of the screen? (As opposed to playing the content from your phone)

correct. if you pause near where you want to examine you can use finger on the scroll bar to go back and forth like a jog shuttle. btw i think your idea of making that available on the app whenever it is 'free' (patent) would be super!

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2973 of 3,001

Rustyben wrote:

tctc wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

tctc wrote:

Hi Comcast,

Thanks,

correct. if you pause near where you want to examine you can use finger on the scroll bar to go back and forth like a jog shuttle. btw i think your idea of making that available on the app whenever it is 'free' (patent) would be super!

That would be cool.  But my ideas all involve them paying royalties and implementing immediately, and joining the 21st century...

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2974 of 3,001

Joining the 21st Century ?  Way past time for Comcast to give us  a DVR that wasn't programmed by Fred Flintstone. I have recorded several football games that ran over the scheduled time and have set the autoextend switch to supposedly capture the entire game but it has never worked. Even with the latest release it still fails to extend. Also, manually extending a recording is a iffy proposition at best. A couple of games had weather delays and I tried to extend the recording under "options" but twice the most it would let me extend a recording was a measly 1/2 hour. Not enough to make up for a weather delay of almost an hour.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2975 of 3,001

X1 Update requests:

True slow motion

Frame by frame advance

Ability to go from slow motion to pause

Xfnitity button default option (or at least change the standard default to Saved Recordings)

Record buffer capability

Cloud storage of the same amount of content I have on my DVR

Multiple skip forward and back options (would solve - better short rewind response)

Ability to access DVR content during an outage (yes, I know this one will never happen since the whole control system is server based for some reason, but there's no reason all the others couldn't have been implemented by now)

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2976 of 3,001

Yes this is very frustrating what I do is to tape the next program on the scehdule and extend that show an additional 1/2 hour. It then takes up more room on my DVR but at least I get to watch the game.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2977 of 3,001

WindsurfMaui wrote:

Yes this is very frustrating what I do is to tape the next program on the scehdule and extend that show an additional 1/2 hour. It then takes up more room on my DVR but at least I get to watch the game.

It also takes up additional "slots" on your cloud allotment.

And you have to schedule every game manually, and it takes longer to set up the recording, but then extra clicks are X1 SoP...

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2978 of 3,001

BeowolfJones wrote:

Joining the 21st Century ?  Way past time for Comcast to give us  a DVR that wasn't programmed by Fred Flintstone. I have recorded several football games that ran over the scheduled time and have set the autoextend switch to supposedly capture the entire game but it has never worked. Even with the latest release it still fails to extend. Also, manually extending a recording is a iffy proposition at best. A couple of games had weather delays and I tried to extend the recording under "options" but twice the most it would let me extend a recording was a measly 1/2 hour. Not enough to make up for a weather delay of almost an hour.

Maybe it would help if we sent someone a list of "sports"?  You can't extend any volleyball matches more than half hour.

But it does ask if you want to record just this "game" or all games.  So the programmer that did that piece knows it's a sport, but the programmer that worked on the time extension doesn't.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2979 of 3,001

I agree it should be fixed but in the meantime there is nothing more frustrating than watching a recorded game and it gets cut off in the last 10 minutes, especially when you are a Patriots fan when they usually make their move to take the lead!!!!

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2980 of 3,001

tctc wrote:

X1 Update requests:

True slow motion

Frame by frame advance

Ability to go from slow motion to pause

Xfnitity button default option (or at least change the standard default to Saved Recordings)

Record buffer capability

Cloud storage of the same amount of content I have on my DVR

Multiple skip forward and back options (would solve - better short rewind response)

Ability to access DVR content during an outage (yes, I know this one will never happen since the whole control system is server based for some reason, but there's no reason all the others couldn't have been implemented by now)

I would like to add : shortcut button to get what we are calling PIP back (used to be 'b' button). It was not really PIP since it was a small window view of the same show being watched while on the guide so we could still watch the show but the name PIP will have to do. PIP was a way to watch a second show and switch back and forth but industry wide it went away with digital channels.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2981 of 3,001

Can someone tell me wht I got this message when clicking on link from two notification emails for new postings for the Upcoming X1 Updates  topic -  Access Denied You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action. Click your browser's Back button to continue.

I have seen this before . Why am I not allowed to read posts I have been notified about?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2982 of 3,001

TerriB wrote:

Can someone tell me wht I got this message when clicking on link from two notification emails for new postings for the Upcoming X1 Updates  topic -  Access Denied You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action. Click your browser's Back button to continue.

I have seen this before . Why am I not allowed to read posts I have been notified about?

The only clue I have is that the post was removed after you got that notification and before you tried to read it.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2983 of 3,001
Between you receiving that email about a forum topic that you subscribe to and you actually clicking on the link, the post was removed for not following forum guidelines. That's why you don't have access

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2984 of 3,001

ComcastAndrew wrote:
Between you receiving that email about a forum topic that you subscribe to and you actually clicking on the link, the post was removed for not following forum guidelines. That's why you don't have access

Thanks...usually when something is moved/removed we see a note to that effect by you or another rep. Thats why I asked the question.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2985 of 3,001
Normally, you would see a placeholder. Whoever removed it left none, not sure why. That post was then moved back by me to the appropriate topic

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2986 of 3,001

ComcastAndrew wrote:
Normally, you would see a placeholder. Whoever removed it left none, not sure why. That post was then moved back by me to the appropriate topic

Yes I am used to seeing the placeholder and thanks for moving it back . I tried to PM the author to see 'what i missed'...lol.... and got message that they could not get a PM?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2987 of 3,001

TerriB wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

Yes I am used to seeing the placeholder and thanks for moving it back . I tried to PM the author to see 'what i missed'...lol.... and got message that they could not get a PM?

Do you get a message if your post was removed/moved?  Was mine removed, I don't see it any more?  Is this not the correct thread to request updates?

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2988 of 3,001

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

Do you get a message if your post was removed/moved?  Was mine removed, I don't see it any more?  Is this not the correct thread to request updates?

Two of yours must have been removed because I got 'access denied' when I tried to look at them. Andrew said he put one back but I don't know where he put it.

I tried to PM you but it said you could not accept PMs...??

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2989 of 3,001
You don't get a notification if something is moved/removed. Your post was the one TerriB referred to. It was removed for some reason and I put it back but into
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-DVR-Feature-Requests/m-p/1853479#M9

This thread is about current updates, etc but tends to drift.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2990 of 3,001

ComcastAndrew wrote:
You don't get a notification if something is moved/removed. Your post was the one TerriB referred to. It was removed for some reason and I put it back but into

Thanks Andrew.

Terri, I have no idea about PMs...

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2991 of 3,001

ComcastAndrew wrote:

Andrew.....I believe the thread is about 'upcoming updates' not just current ones. We can't help but drift because Upcoming X1 Updates topic posts often reference features taken away with current updates and that morphs into what we would like to have in upcoming updates so its all really update related. 

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2992 of 3,001

The 'usual' reason someone can't be sent a PM is because they have been banned or are no longer forum members.  PMs are helpful when we want to talk amongst ourselves about issues without 'interpretation'

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2993 of 3,001

TerriB wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

Andrew.....I believe the thread is about 'upcoming updates' not just current ones. We can't help but drift because Upcoming X1 Updates topic posts often reference features taken away with current updates and that morphs into what we would like to have in upcoming updates so its all really update related. 

I wish it was a forum about upcoming updates, and that some of what users wanted was upcoming.  Comcast won't talk about what is "upcoming".  As far as I can tell it's a forum about recent/monthly releases of changes, mostly revenue related, that are rarely considered updates by users.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2994 of 3,001

tctc wrote:

TerriB wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

I wish it was a forum about upcoming updates, and that some of what users wanted was upcoming.  Comcast won't talk about what is "upcoming".  As far as I can tell it's a forum about recent/monthly releases of changes, mostly revenue related, that are rarely considered updates by users.

tctc- you have brought up a very important issue and this topic needs to be changed to 'current releases/updates' so there is no confusion and then we can start a new topic called something like 'requests for future updates'. I think there is already one about feature requests but I don't remember for sure.

ComcastAndrew...what do you think? Upcoming Updates is really not a good title for this topic.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2995 of 3,001

TerriB wrote:

The 'usual' reason someone can't be sent a PM is because they have been banned or are no longer forum members.  PMs are helpful when we want to talk amongst ourselves about issues without 'interpretation'

To clarify - A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums. Often, PM's are used to send confidential account verification information to a Comcast Employee. 

By default, Private Messages are enabled. Posters can also disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2996 of 3,001

ComcastTeds wrote:

TerriB wrote:

To clarify - A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums. Often, PM's are used to send confidential account verification information to a Comcast Employee. 

By default, Private Messages are enabled. Posters can also disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

====

I use PM quite often and have no idea why I can't send to tctc. Maybe he will check his settings>preferences.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2997 of 3,001

TerriB wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote:

TerriB wrote:

====

I use PM quite often and have no idea why I can't send to tctc. Maybe he will check his settings>preferences.

I can't even find the Private Messenger preference, so I have no idea why I would be set to anything other than the default.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2998 of 3,001
Can we get a sticky thread that has all future update specifics, that we can just bookmark.

Or can Comcast include them in newsletters?

The update details in comments of this thread isn't the best way to get info.
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2999 of 3,001
Or better yet, a section on the x1, under settings, titled "What's New".
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 3000 of 3,001
I can't even find the Private Messenger preference, so I have no idea why I would be set to anything other than the default. 

login on the forum page. then go to https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferencesrivate-messenger and verify "turn on PM " is checked.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon