New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Upcoming X1 Updates

SOLVED
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 251 of 3,001

I've been trying to find someplace to post for X1 updates that gets read by people that can actually get things done.  I'm hoping this is the place.

One of the most annoying things is the channel info bar at the bottom of the screen.  It stays on too long. Same with the pause, FF, and RW bar.

I would like to have the ability to set a time limit of 1 or 2 seconds for these bars.  When you're moving back and forth between channels, having to hit exit all the time to get rid of the bar at the bottom of the screen is a real problem.

This was an option under the previuos platform.

Thanks for reading my post.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 252 of 3,001

I will have to agree with you on this, it is really in the way when using slo mo! To put a different spin on it, I was thinking maybe they could make it transparent and drop the poster!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 253 of 3,001

SteveStewart wrote:

I've been trying to find someplace to post for X1 updates that gets read by people that can actually get things done.  I'm hoping this is the place.

One of the most annoying things is the channel info bar at the bottom of the screen.  It stays on too long. Same with the pause, FF, and RW bar.

I would like to have the ability to set a time limit of 1 or 2 seconds for these bars.  When you're moving back and forth between channels, having to hit exit all the time to get rid of the bar at the bottom of the screen is a real problem.

I found that pressing the UP arrow removes that long banner at the bottom immediately....

Just my little work-around...

Good Luck!
-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 254 of 3,001

geek46 wrote:

SteveStewart wrote:

I found that pressing the UP arrow removes that long banner at the bottom immediately....

Just my little work-around...

Good Luck!
-=Ray=-

and if you 'want' to see where you are on the progress bar again just hit 'OK' (legacy you could just hit play to see same bar). 

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 255 of 3,001

ComcastGwen wrote:

Welcome to the new "Upcoming X1 Updates" thread. Please check here for lists of upcoming updates to the X1 product, posted by an official Comcast employee.

The updates here will be new customer facing features and improvements coming to the product – this does not include any of the development work to improve stability and other RDK issues.

Please see below for links to "Upcoming Updates" threads from previous months:

July 2014 Updates

August 2014 Updates

September 2014 Updates

October 2014 Updates

Also, lookout for new and exciting, experimental features that can be turned "On" and "Off" in Comcast Labs.

Thank you!

No November Updates?

Will there be December Updates?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 256 of 3,001

Not X1-related:

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/10-ways-you-might-be-killing-your-home-wi-fi-signal

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 257 of 3,001

SteveStewart wrote:

We just use 'exit' and the bar goes away

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 258 of 3,001

I noticed that 1.47.20 arrived this morning. I also noticed that Pandora is now tied to the existing X1 screen saver.

Nice work Comcast Neal!!!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 259 of 3,001

RickGr4 wrote:

I noticed that 1.47.20 arrived this morning. I also noticed that Pandora is now tied to the existing X1 screen saver.

I got it on the second restart of the new PACE DVR.... the ARRIS is still sitting on 47.19 though....maybe tonight!!!

-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 260 of 3,001

geek46 wrote:

RickGr4 wrote:

I got it on the second restart of the new PACE DVR.... the ARRIS is still sitting on 47.19 though....maybe tonight!!!

-=Ray=-

just checked and I have 1.47.20 on my Arris box.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 261 of 3,001

Sorry gang....

I may have spoke up too soon. I had the X1 screen saver kick in on Pandora twice today but I am now not able to replicate it. It's not working again.

If there is any good news here it means that Comcast must be working on it....

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 262 of 3,001

Do you guys think there will be any big changes when we get to 48?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 263 of 3,001

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 264 of 3,001

We look to the red letter members of the forum to know such things...

ComcastAndrew wrote:

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 265 of 3,001

maybe full slo mo? maybe reminders? External hdd support? Who knows?

What I want the most is new episode icons placed on the guide. Having them on the info portion is slower to pick out things to record. If they were placed next to each title on the guide a user could scan down the menu much faster, and also not miss something new to record! (Neal I know you want to help a brother out)!

Rick I like your take on this question!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 266 of 3,001

What I want the most is new episode icons placed on the guide. Having them on the info portion is slower to pick out things to record. If they were placed next to each title on the guide a user could scan down the menu much faster, and also not miss something new to record! (Neal I know you want to help a brother out)!

Pizza you left out one... No love for the font size?

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 267 of 3,001

ComcastAndrew wrote:

What I want the most is new episode icons placed on the guide. Having them on the info portion is slower to pick out things to record. If they were placed next to each title on the guide a user could scan down the menu much faster, and also not miss something new to record! (Neal I know you want to help a brother out)!

I know the real answer on that! It was left out for a reason!

I think it would be cheaper for Comcast to buy real TV's for those customers than it would to rework to code to allow this.....

I guess the Comcast lab does not contain a TV from 1985 to test the menu graphics..I'm sorry Terri's TV is from 2004 without HD, an is ran though a DVD burner before it hits that TV!

Sorry Terri. I just had to! The "me shipping you the free TV" offer still stands!

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 268 of 3,001

You guys are the best. We really do have fun here sometimes...

Except when there are nationwide X1 outages... LOL LOL LOL

gotpizza wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

I think it would be cheaper for Comcast to buy real TV's for those customers than it would to rework to code to allow this.....

I guess the Comcast lab does not contain a TV from 1985 to test the menu graphics..I'm sorry Terri's TV is from 2004 without HD, an is ran though a DVD burner before it hits that TV!

Sorry Terri. I just had to! The "me shipping you the free TV" offer still stands!

gotpizza wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 269 of 3,001

Maybe they should worry about getting the garbage dvr´s to work before they work on adding new features that won't work anyway.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 270 of 3,001
my main dvr shows it updated on 12/8/14 but my companion shows last update on 11/18/14. but the companion box was all lit up last night. no idea what was updated
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 271 of 3,001
how about the ability to extend recording on unit when a show will be delayed due to football ruining late? or make the font bigger.
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 272 of 3,001

The font size thing isn't happening any time soon if ever. Comcast has never admitted it's a problem and there has been absolutely no hint or indication they are even working on it.

It was hinted the they were working in the record time issue but we have heard nothing recent.

Laurie wrote:
how about the ability to extend recording on unit when a show will be delayed due to football ruining late? or make the font bigger.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 273 of 3,001
So what did the new update bring last night? Besides a nationwide outage for 8 hrs?
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 274 of 3,001

TerriB wrote:

SteveStewart wrote:

We just use 'exit' and the bar goes away

up arrow is faster than exit to remove progress bar and it won't accidently exit an inprogress dvr viewing or ondemand viewing

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 275 of 3,001

gotpizza wrote:

_____ 

// place in click event of control used to make font larger

If grid.font.size < max size value set by comcast then

Grid.font.size = grid.font.size + 1.           // this increments grid objects font size

Else

Message(font reached max size allowed)

// place in click event of control used to make font smaller

If grid.font.size > minimum size value set by comcast then

Grid.font.size = grid.font.size - 1.          // this decrements grid object font size

Else

Message(font is at smallest size setting)

There you go.... font size control for the grid. It's not rocket science. Those who are saying how difficult and expensive it would be to allow font adjustment in an object oriented programming language have no or very limited programming experience. No offense intended but it really is easy to adjust fonts. It's built into the languages these days. 20 years ago font adjustment was very difficult and time consuming but those days are way in the past.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 276 of 3,001

Ps.... I have no problem with the existing font size but it would not be hard to provide adjustment for people who want to change it.

With all the existing problems tho, I would put font adjustment at the bottom of the list. It's nice but not mission critical.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 277 of 3,001

ComcastAndrew wrote:

Hmmmmmmm... maybe a veiled attempt at a hint ????   <hehehehehehehehe>

-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 278 of 3,001

I had more than one version update show up during November and have waited for information on 'whats new' but nothing yet. Its Dec so hows about someone sharing the changes/updates.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 279 of 3,001

on the comcast labs menu, signla strength, "20" not autotesting results. when I select to test, it times out "unknown: unfortunately, we cannnot detect your signal strength at this time. Please try again later."

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 280 of 3,001

Comcast Neal is aware. He said 'known issue" when I mentioned it to him.

Rustyben wrote:

on the comcast labs menu, signla strength, "20" not autotesting results. when I select to test, it times out "unknown: unfortunately, we cannnot detect your signal strength at this time. Please try again later."

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 281 of 3,001

TerriB wrote:

I had more than one version update show up during November and have waited for information on 'whats new' but nothing yet. Its Dec so hows about someone sharing the changes/updates.

1.47.20 seems to have fixed the trick-play 'losing' video/audio sync. still hearing an occassional stutter on new recording startup where audio repeats a second or 2 due to sync up signal used by m-peg2/4

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 282 of 3,001

1.47.20 still has not fixed the 'crazy' rewind point when using >> (not 2>) and hitting play. it winds you 'back' some 15-30 seconds every time. not funny 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 283 of 3,001

Rustyben wrote:

I tried that function on both of my Arris & Pace... mine worked last night... 1.47.20 as well on both devices.

-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 284 of 3,001

what does "trick play" mean?

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 285 of 3,001

Rustyben wrote:

TerriB wrote:

1.47.20 seems to have fixed the trick-play 'losing' video/audio sync. still hearing an occassional stutter on new recording startup where audio repeats a second or 2 due to sync up signal used by m-peg2/4

Thanks and glad it has helped you. I have not had that issue and I wonder what else they tweaked. They were good about giving us update details but nothing since October.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 286 of 3,001

MadMangs wrote:

gotpizza wrote:

_____ 

Grid.font.size = grid.font.size + 1.           // this increments grid objects font size

Else

Grid.font.size = grid.font.size - 1.          // this decrements grid object font size

Else

There you go.... font size control for the grid. It's not rocket science. Those who are saying how difficult and expensive it would be to allow font adjustment in an object oriented programming language have no or very limited programming experience. No offense intended but it really is easy to adjust fonts. It's built into the languages these days. 20 years ago font adjustment was very difficult and time consuming but those days are way in the past.

We have no clue as to what language X1 is written in.  And we have no clue what restrictioins there are with the hardware.

We just ASSUME the hardware and software reside on a server somewhere and not in the X1 boxes.  And the code would have to work with all the boxes - DVR, RNG150, Xi3, etc.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 287 of 3,001

RobertWy wrote:

We have no clue as to what language X1 is written in.  And we have no clue what restrictioins there are with the hardware.

We just ASSUME the hardware and software reside on a server somewhere and not in the X1 boxes.  And the code would have to work with all the boxes - DVR, RNG150, Xi3, etc.

Not to mention...multiple manufacturers of those devices...multiple firmwares....  it's exhausting!!  <G>

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 288 of 3,001

brandonbob2376 wrote:

what does "trick play" mean?

trick-play is the pausing of live or recorded material, should include slo-mo rewind/forward, rewind to a point and pressing play, etc

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 289 of 3,001
OH, I never heard of the term "trick play" but I agree on what it should include.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 290 of 3,001

TerriB wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Thanks and glad it has helped you. I have not had that issue and I wonder what else they tweaked. They were good about giving us update details but nothing since October.

There have not been any updates since the release of 1.47 in October, several patches to 1.47 but mainly to fix some issues.   

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 291 of 3,001

...and let's not forget slo/mo's "big brother" the *frame-by-frame* advance feature!

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 292 of 3,001

MadMangs wrote:

gotpizza wrote:

_____ 

Else

Else

That code would not work!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 293 of 3,001

The code is language independent as it is just psuedocode. The logic is the same, only the syntax changes.

I said my piece, I don't believe it to be as difficult as some people think. I do have some experience in the area. We will just have to agree to disagree, I guess.

I have no problem with the font and consider it a low priority compared to some of the other problems out there but I do feel bad for folks that really need a larger font.

Suggesting they get a bigger tv isn't a very nice or compassionate response.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 294 of 3,001
Just realized that x-1 no longer has setting in "labs" that has watch next episode for dvr'd series. . Actually liked it, strange that options are being taken away. Kudos comcast. Wel played.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 295 of 3,001
Just realized that x-1 no longer has setting in "labs" that has watch next episode for dvr'd series. . Actually liked it, strange that options are being taken away. Kudos comcast. Wel played.

Probably because it's not in "labs" but under preferences--> general--> scroll down to next episode suggestion

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 296 of 3,001

MadMangs wrote:

The code is language independent as it is just psuedocode. The logic is the same, only the syntax changes.

I said my piece, I don't believe it to be as difficult as some people think. I do have some experience in the area. We will just have to agree to disagree, I guess.

I have no problem with the font and consider it a low priority compared to some of the other problems out there but I do feel bad for folks that really need a larger font.

Suggesting they get a bigger tv isn't a very nice or compassionate response.

It may not be nice nor compassionate but X1 was developed for HD and beyond.... if unwilling to upgrade, LEGACY is the only answer for some....

There, I said it.

-=Ray=- 

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 297 of 3,001

ComcastChad wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

TerriB wrote:

There have not been any updates since the release of 1.47 in October, several patches to 1.47 but mainly to fix some issues.   

Thanks Chad, I think we need to know about the patches to fix features,etc.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 298 of 3,001

I might be alone with this issue, but since the most recent updates i have noticed a lack of synchronization between spoken words and the movement of lips when i do a short rewind of a show. I noticed it again last night for the second time.

Remember old movies where the words and lips don't seem to be in sync?

This what it is like.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 299 of 3,001

chuclkw wrote:

I might be alone with this issue, but since the most recent updates i have noticed a lack of synchronization between spoken words and the movement of lips when i do a short rewind of a show. I noticed it again last night for the second time.

Remember old movies where the words and lips don't seem to be in sync?

This what it is like.

you can actually pause for a second or two then play. audio will start, image will be frozen until the sycn signal matches and video restarts. This seems to be an issue in streaming from one DVR to another DVR/companion (it is done in m-peg2/4). 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 300 of 3,001

Many of the people complaining have HD tv's. You are aware HD tv's come in different sizes, right? Has comcast published a minimum tv size for x1 anywhere?

When I go over to my parents house I notice them squinting at the guide on there 46 inch HD tv. So what size tv would you recommend? Send your address, I'll send you the bill. And yes, they have both been to the eye doctor. They are senior citizens.  I guess x1 isn't for older people either, right?

If there are minimum requirements, maybe comcast should publish them in advance, ya think? If Comcast is excluding or discriminating against a certain age group, maybe they should publish that too.

Btw, they tried to go back to legacy dvr but was told by comcast rep the equipment was not available because they are out of legacy boxes.

There.... I said it too. Jerk