online now

discussions

Upcoming X1 Updates

SOLVED
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2901 of 2,935

brandonbob2376 wrote:

I never said it  the same as a call log. Actually, if you read my message I said exactly the opposite. Furthermore, I was answering BeoWolfJones's question about what does notifications for voice do. I said it is a feature that has been live since the beginning of x1 (and works great) and serves a different purpose of telling you who is calling when a call is coming in. 

TerriB wrote:

brandonbob2376 wrote:

someone from comcast can correct me if i am wrong but I beleive voice notifications allow the pop up in the upper right corner with caller ID when a call is coming in. I am not talking about the log that used to be in control panel, I am speaking of caller ID while the phone is ringing. This feature has been a part of x1 since I first had it installed and works great!

BeowolfJones wrote:

tctc wrote:

lightstorm22 wrote:
Yeah chill. Someone will make something sometime and you might like it. Consider yourself reassured.

Hah, not saying you're wrong, well, actually you're almost dead on.  It's the X1 way.

Someone will make something sometime and you might like it.   Or not...

Just what does turning on the voice part of the current notifications do ? It sure doesn't show calls received like it use to.

Caller id in the upper right corner of the screen as a call comes in is nowhere near the same thing as the former list of all  calls from current day.

If you don't happen to be at home or watching the TV when a call comes you won't see the poup and to make matters worse  you get no LOG of the call. Improvement ?  Not from where I'm sitting.

As it functions (?) now the notification app is WORTHLESS. My phone logs the calls so no big deal as this serves my purposes. I hope the new notifications center doesn't turn into another way for Comcast to bombard us with ads for their products like they do when you call for help. DUH ! people want to get through to the help they need not listen to ads for the latest pay for view boxing match or whatever.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2902 of 2,935

My cell phone used to notofy me when calls come into my home phone  - l also could answer the call from my cell phone - now the notiofication comes up but i cannot answer the call- was this deactivated at some time by comcast ?  it is a great feature.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2903 of 2,935

I have never used the answer landline calls from cell phone but I can say that the caller ID feature on the iPhone for xfinity voice for calls from landline works flawlessly for me. However, it sounds like the caller ID is working for you just not able to answer the calls. I agree this sounds like a great feature, I just dont use it. Sorry to hear its not working for you. Have you tried opening the app to ensure you have those features turned on?

applehazar wrote:

My cell phone used to notofy me when calls come into my home phone  - l also could answer the call from my cell phone - now the notiofication comes up but i cannot answer the call- was this deactivated at some time by comcast ?  it is a great feature.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2904 of 2,935

yes teh feature is on - and it used to work - its very handy when not home - and of course the home phone is comcast - i hope someone can asnwer this as it was a great feature when it worked

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2905 of 2,935

Yeah. I hope they can address it for you. I don't use it because I use the permanent call forwarding feature within the connect app. Basically, all my calls rings on both the landline and the cell phone simultaneously so I can answer in whichever phone I wish no matter where I am in the world.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2906 of 2,935

I have been thinking about my "Favorite Apps" suggestion and here is how I would program it.

The left arrow now takes you to the work in progress new message center so that button cannot be used for my idea.

So, that leaves the "Up" arrow which currently doesn't do anything when no menus etc are in use.

A Comcast labs function would be created called "Favorite Apps". You could add apps to it from a list of apps. The list would be hierarchical be in nature so pressing the up arrow once took you to the first app, twice - the second app and so on.

Once you had your list created you could get to your favorite app just by pressing the up arrow the required number of times.

I would use a function like this a lot if it was ever implemented.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 2907 of 2,935

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines (off topic). http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2908 of 2,935

Andrew,

Please do not delete this post. I have had posts removed from this thread for being off topic when I was asking about an update  of the notification/control panel that is very much update related  so I am completely befuddled that uber technical issues such as posts 2851-2854 and 2856-2858 that you were involved in are on this Upcoming  X1 Update thread. They belong on the Technical thread for sure.

Thanks

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2909 of 2,935

TerriB wrote:

Andrew,

Please do not delete this post. I have had posts removed from this thread for being off topic when I was asking about an update  of the notification/control panel that is very much update related  so I am completely befuddled that uber technical issues such as posts 2851-2854 and 2856-2858 that you were involved in are on this Upcoming  X1 Update thread. They belong on the Technical thread for sure.

Thanks

Sorry I have nothing to do with removing anything. If posts are off topic or not adhering to forum guidelines, it's the moderators discretion to remove them.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2910 of 2,935

Any updates on the notification panel will be found directly on the box. Either the left arrow or Xfinity button to the message tab.

Update1.77 will be coming soon.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2911 of 2,935

ComcastAndrew wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Andrew,

Thanks

Sorry I have nothing to do with removing anything. If posts are off topic or not adhering to forum guidelines, it's the moderators discretion to remove them.

I have to push back on that.  Service and cable experts who are not moderators nor employees remove/move off topic posts.  From what I have learned ComcastJessie is THE moderator.  Who do I contact to have those technical posts moved to the technical thread. They do not belong here. We have enough mud to dig through without all the technical stuff. Its important but not related to updates.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2912 of 2,935

Message tab? What and where is that?  What do you mean notifications are on the box itselt...huh?  The only thing  I see at all about notifications now that they are no longer there is when I use left arrow or the new notification icon to the left of 'guide'. All thats  in either place is an info screen to explain what  notifications are and how to set them. In settings there is nothing about call logs or weather either. I wish they had left it all blank until the update. The info screen says nothing about and upcoming update either.

ComcastAndrew wrote:

Any updates on the notification panel will be found directly on the box. Either the left arrow or Xfinity button to the message tab.

Update1.77 will be coming soon.

ns are.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 2913 of 2,935

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines (off topic). http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2914 of 2,935

I just got Update 1.77.04

First thing I noiticed was it fixed the annoying big guide bug where when scroll though the guide close it and then open it again quickly it would not show you the current channel you are viewing and instead just show the last channel you viewed. 

Also a new bug you are not able bring up the sports app or the mini screen anymore with the Voice remote as nothing happens when you click any of the shortcut buttons.

That's about all I noticed nothing new that I can see just a bug fix and new bug introduced.

X1 really seems to be slowing down with the new features Smiley Sad

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2915 of 2,935

gate1975mlm wrote:

I just got Update 1.77.04

First thing I noiticed was it fixed the annoying big guide bug where when scroll though the guide close it and then open it again quickly it would not show you the current channel you are viewing and instead just show the last channel you viewed. 

Also a new bug you are not able bring up the sports app or the mini screen anymore with the Voice remote as nothing happens when you click any of the shortcut buttons.

That's about all I noticed nothing new that I can see just a bug fix and new bug introduced.

X1 really seems to be slowing down with the new features Smiley Sad

hmmm, I just tried to launch the sports app clicking the "c" button on the voice remote and it opens quickly and flawlessly. I then tested the voice feature by saying "view sports app", and it too did what the command was supposed to do. Not sure what you mean by mini screen but if you mean the right click on the remote that shows the mini guide, that also works fine for me.

I do agree with you that new features have been slower but maybe that is because they are trying to make sure they are perfect or close to it before launching. Just a thought...

edited to state that I am on version 1.77.04 server version (same as yours). not sure why I am not seeing what you see but hopefully they can fix your issue. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2916 of 2,935

1.77 Update

Free to Me Guide View
Allows customers to view only the listings of the channels they are entitled to view

A new “Free-to-me” Guide View will be made available to customers that presents a grid view of only the channels for which they have entitlements.
The new guide view will be available as an option in the Guide View Selector page. Press guide 2x
The new guide view will also be available as an option for the setting “Default Guide View” found in Settings- >Preferences->General

Netflix Entitlement Knowledge
Netflix subscribers will now see Netflix content sorted correctly in Ways to Watch. In W2W sort, Netflix will be treated as a premium network, and be sorted alphabetically

Filter Recordings by Category
Filter option will be added to Saved > Recordings.
The “Filter” option will allow DVR users to choose between a view of the full list of recordings on the account or of just recordings on the account that fall into the following categories:
TV
Movies
Kids
Sports
News
The default view of the Recordings List will continue to be a list of all recordings on the account.

Auto Tune To HD Improvements
Smoother transition from SD to HD

Application Locks
Application locks have been expanded to give users more controls over what applications are, and are not, locked on their TV box.
Users will have the ability to individually lock the following applications: Netflix, Watchable, My Account, Pandora, Photos, Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, xFi, Voicemail, Home, and Youtube (when available).

Removed Functionality B Button
Pressing the “B” key while in full screen will no longer display a video window in the bottom right portion of the screen. This has been removed from X1 to make way for a more beneficial feature in the future.

Sports Guide Revamp
The format of the Sports Guide View will be changing to allow for a top level navigation for easy navigation through all the different sports to know what’s on.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2917 of 2,935

ComcastAndrew wrote:

1.77 Update

Pressing the “B” key while in full screen will no longer display a video window in the bottom right portion of the screen.

thanks andrew, for all of this info on the recent update. The above quoted must be what I was responding to Gate about. I thought he or she was referring to the right click on the remote but now that I think of it they were likely referring to the "b" button being gone. Personally, I do not miss the functionality of the "b" button that used to be the mini window that could be enabled when in the guide because it would never stick and one would need to re-enable it every time they were inside the menu. Thus, I am happy to see it gone in its current iteration.  I do like the idea of having top level navigation in sports!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2918 of 2,935

brandonbob2376 wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

1.77 Update

Pressing the “B” key while in full screen will no longer display a video window in the bottom right portion of the screen.

thanks andrew, for all of this info on the recent update. The above quoted must be what I was responding to Gate about. I thought he or she was referring to the right click on the remote but now that I think of it they were likely referring to the "b" button being gone. Personally, I do not miss the functionality of the "b" button that used to be the mini window that could be enabled when in the guide because it would never stick and one would need to re-enable it every time they were inside the menu. Thus, I am happy to see it gone in its current iteration.  I do like the idea of having top level navigation in sports!

Yes that is indeed what I was talking abouit Smiley Happy

I never used that little screen myself but my father sure liked it so he may be a little disappointed when he finds out it's gone.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2919 of 2,935
I kind of liked the B button. Not sure why it would be removed instead of making it stick or hopefully they are working on putting some kind of permanent mini view back into the guide.

I'm digging that Free to Me guide view. I would have bet money Comcast would never, ever do that, because of, well, money. Are there plans to put a filter like that in the TV Remote app? That would be awesome for me personally.
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 2920 of 2,935

lightstorm22 wrote:
I kind of liked the B button. Not sure why it would be removed instead of making it stick or hopefully they are working on putting some kind of permanent mini view back into the guide.

I'm digging that Free to Me guide view. I would have bet money Comcast would never, ever do that, because of, well, money. Are there plans to put a filter like that in the TV Remote app? That would be awesome for me personally.

I'm with you on this one... I liked the B button. I used that feature all the time. I guess if you can't make something work right (lack of sticking) just do away with it. This seems to be the Comcast phyosophy in many regards. 

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 2921 of 2,935

ComcastAndrew wrote:

1.77 Update

Free to Me Guide View
Allows customers to view only the listings of the channels they are entitled to view

A new “Free-to-me” Guide View will be made available to customers that presents a grid view of only the channels for which they have entitlements.
The new guide view will be available as an option in the Guide View Selector page. Press guide 2x
The new guide view will also be available as an option for the setting “Default Guide View” found in Settings- >Preferences->General

Netflix subscribers will now see Netflix content sorted correctly in Ways to Watch. In W2W sort, Netflix will be treated as a premium network, and be sorted alphabetically

The “Filter” option will allow DVR users to choose between a view of the full list of recordings on the account or of just recordings on the account that fall into the following categories:
TV
Movies
Kids
Sports
News
The default view of the Recordings List will continue to be a list of all recordings on the account.

Linear Upsell
Subscribe button is being added to subscription Channel Entity Pages that users are not subscribed to

Application Locks
Application locks have been expanded to give users more controls over what applications are, and are not, locked on their TV box.
Users will have the ability to individually lock the following applications: Netflix, Watchable, My Account, Pandora, Photos, Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, xFi, Voicemail, Home, and Youtube (when available).

Sports Guide Revamp
The format of the Sports Guide View will be changing to allow for a top level navigation for easy navigation through all the different sports to know what’s on.

Andrew,

The XG2 has received the update. Why remove the function of the B button? Will it receive a new function? Why advertise 4 buttons on the remote if only 3 will function? If you're going to have 4 buttons on the remote then all 4 should have a function.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2922 of 2,935

I believe someone said they were going to use the B button for something else because their network statistics said it wasn't being used often enough.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2923 of 2,935

RadTV wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

1.77 Update

Free to Me Guide View

TV
Movies
Kids
Sports
News

Linear Upsell
Subscribe button is being added to subscription Channel Entity Pages that users are not subscribed to

Application Locks

Sports Guide Revamp

Andrew,

The XG2 has received the update. Why remove the function of the B button? Will it receive a new function? Why advertise 4 buttons on the remote if only 3 will function? If you're going to have 4 buttons on the remote then all 4 should have a function.

It was removed and will be replaced with an action that, for right now, is still to be determined.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2924 of 2,935

I never really liked the mini screen window only because it covered up some the info on the guide.

But I think adding a permanent mini screen window maybe near the top left or right corner out of the away from any on screen info would be great. Just like on the older non X1 Comcast guide or even Fios has it that way.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 2925 of 2,935

ComcastAndrew wrote:

RadTV wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

1.77 Update

Free to Me Guide View

TV
Movies
Kids
Sports
News

Linear Upsell

Application Locks

Sports Guide Revamp

Andrew,

It was removed and will be replaced with an action that, for right now, is still to be determined.

Why remove it before the new action is determined and implemeneted? 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2926 of 2,935
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2927 of 2,935

Sad I turned the "B" button on everytime I was surfing for another program that wasn't a repeat which seems to be the only thing on XFinity now a days. Very sad this function was removed as well as a $10.00 increase every month doesn't seem right anymore. They are forcing me to take a look around for better entertainment that might not be the 5th time I have watched the same episodes.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2928 of 2,935

Unfortunately Comcast has no control over what is actually broadcasted. Summer has always been a time for repeats and reruns. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2929 of 2,935

ComcastAndrew wrote:

Unfortunately Comcast has no control over what is actually broadcasted. Summer has always been a time for repeats and reruns. 

You have control over what NBC broadcasts.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 2930 of 2,935
Instead of alienating customers, Comcast should have allowed us to choose from a number of functions or turn it off ourselves if we desired. That way everybody is served whether they liked the preview window (which I did, btw) or not. Just ripping it away and promising something else - which could end up just as underutilized as they think the preview window was, is not the way to improve customer satisfaction.
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 2931 of 2,935

Even if comcast ever puts something on the B button, pip should be an option in permanent settings, I use it every day and have it worn down. Please give ghe function back so we can view on demand movies while watching sports and other things. I do not like the movement behind the grid as it causes vertigo problems. It should be simple to add. Thank you.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2932 of 2,935

jtomenko wrote:

Even if comcast ever puts something on the B button, pip should be an option in permanent settings, I use it every day and have it worn down. Please give ghe function back so we can view on demand movies while watching sports and other things. I do not like the movement behind the grid as it causes vertigo problems. It should be simple to add. Thank you.

we could hope for a jog shuttle system that pops up for playback control or a multi-tuner PIP (pick which tuner to use for the PIP).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2933 of 2,935
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2934 of 2,935

None of these features is half the value of the B button option of viewing while searching

Posted by
New Poster
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 2935 of 2,935

ComcastAndrew wrote:

RadTV wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

1.77 Update

Free to Me Guide View

TV
Movies
Kids
Sports
News

Linear Upsell

Application Locks

Sports Guide Revamp

Andrew,

Well, if it is still to be determined, why remove the function?  Clearly, as seen in this forum (http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-Shortcut-button-not-working/m-p/2941178#M133254) the function is greatly desired.