Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,664,933

members

23

online now

1,836,795

discussions

Back to Top

Upcoming X1 Updates

SOLVED
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2751 of 2,913
2,552 Views

Yes please,

 

I have had this problem since day 1 (not even joking) we have had boxes and cables replaced and we have had techs out many times and never gotten it fixed. it happens over all channels with no prefference for shows. I have been told its not a bug, and then ive been told it was a bug that was fixed a long time ago. but the facts are its still here with multiple users who pay good money. can we please get a fix for this?

 

have a nice day

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2752 of 2,913
2,545 Views

RachelS2 wrote:

Yes please,

 

I have had this problem since day 1 (not even joking) we have had boxes and cables replaced and we have had techs out many times and never gotten it fixed. it happens over all channels with no prefference for shows. I have been told its not a bug, and then ive been told it was a bug that was fixed a long time ago. but the facts are its still here with multiple users who pay good money. can we please get a fix for this?

 

have a nice day


since you did not hit the quote button your post has no indication of any problem you are experiencing. Would you state the issue(s) you are having?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2753 of 2,913
2,396 Views

 XFINITY X1 users can now choose their Screen Saver Type from the following categories of images:
Animals
Entertainment

Landscape




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2754 of 2,913
2,349 Views

There is an intermittent GUIDE  quirk going on.  Every so often, I'll select GUIDE on my remote, but the GUIDE number will start at some other channel than the one I'm currently on. Very weird. Never had that issue until this latest update.   vers: 1.73.09   04/05/2017

 

example:  I'm on Channel 705. I select GUIDE. The Guide pops up on Channel 738. (that number can be any number.)  It used to be very consistent. If I was on ANY channel, selecting Guide would start with THAT channel number I was on.  

 

Anyone else seeing this?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 2755 of 2,913
2,341 Views

-----

There is an intermittent GUIDE  quirk going on.  Every so often, I'll select GUIDE on my remote, but the GUIDE number will start at some other channel than the one I'm currently on. Very weird. Never had that issue until this latest update.   vers: 1.73.09   04/05/2017

 

example:  I'm on Channel 705. I select GUIDE. The Guide pops up on Channel 738. (that number can be any number.)  It used to be very consistent. If I was on ANY channel, selecting Guide would start with THAT channel number I was on.  

 

Anyone else seeing this?

 

 

Yes, this has been happening for longer than noted. Comcast has been notified without apparent attempts to correct. 

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 2756 of 2,913
2,325 Views

oldchevy wrote:

-----

There is an intermittent GUIDE  quirk going on.  Every so often, I'll select GUIDE on my remote, but the GUIDE number will start at some other channel than the one I'm currently on. Very weird. Never had that issue until this latest update.   vers: 1.73.09   04/05/2017

 

example:  I'm on Channel 705. I select GUIDE. The Guide pops up on Channel 738. (that number can be any number.)  It used to be very consistent. If I was on ANY channel, selecting Guide would start with THAT channel number I was on.  

 

Anyone else seeing this?

 

 

Yes, this has been happening for longer than noted. Comcast has been notified without apparent attempts to correct. 


Yes, agreed... I have seen this problem for many months. It doesn't happen all the time but see it several times a day. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 2757 of 2,913
2,298 Views

Rustyben wrote:

RachelS2 wrote:

Yes please,

 

I have had this problem since day 1 (not even joking) we have had boxes and cables replaced and we have had techs out many times and never gotten it fixed. it happens over all channels with no prefference for shows. I have been told its not a bug, and then ive been told it was a bug that was fixed a long time ago. but the facts are its still here with multiple users who pay good money. can we please get a fix for this?

 

have a nice day


since you did not hit the quote button your post has no indication of any problem you are experiencing. Would you state the issue(s) you are having?


Hello,

sorry, i was trying to respond to the comment on the deltion problem where we tell the box to delete a recording and then it sticks around.

have a wonderfull day.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2758 of 2,913
2,271 Views

Cody21 wrote:

There is an intermittent GUIDE  quirk going on.  Every so often, I'll select GUIDE on my remote, but the GUIDE number will start at some other channel than the one I'm currently on. Very weird. Never had that issue until this latest update.   vers: 1.73.09   04/05/2017

 

example:  I'm on Channel 705. I select GUIDE. The Guide pops up on Channel 738. (that number can be any number.)  It used to be very consistent. If I was on ANY channel, selecting Guide would start with THAT channel number I was on.  

 

Anyone else seeing this?

 

 

Oh Yes...this happens a lot and has for quite a while. Glad you brought it up. I have always been out spoken on these forums but have  just about given up reporting glitches because Comcast doesn't comment/recognize our issues even when widespread and therefore we have to deal with the issues no matter how frustrating they are.  Case in point is the never ending saga of programs not being deleted when we delete them. Only sure way to get them to go away is to sync the dvr and that is not the way the platform was designed....delete should be done as soon as the command is clicked on.  We are constantly have to work around Comcast's refusal to fix bugs.


Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2759 of 2,913
2,239 Views

BeowolfJones wrote:

This morning at about 4:00 AM we lost power due to a terrific wind storm. It is now 6:00 pm and we finally got back the power.  To my surprise the recordings that were scheduled during the day were all on my X1 box. This is one time where the cloud workied like it should have. Kudo's to Comcast for this feature.

 


Did you watch the recordings on the web/some device other than your DVR?

 

We lost power a couple days ago, and the recordings were interrupted and the cloud didn't help.

Maybe I could have watched up until the point of the outage on the DVR/TV, then gone to the web and watched the time that was missed due to the outage?  Then gone back to the DVR to watch the rest of the game?   I don't really see that happening.  It would be great if the cloud would download/complete the recording that is on my DVR, or the DVR would automatically access the cloud recording for the interrupted section of time.  Otherwise it's of no use to me.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2760 of 2,913
2,194 Views

tctc wrote:

BeowolfJones wrote:

This morning at about 4:00 AM we lost power due to a terrific wind storm. It is now 6:00 pm and we finally got back the power.  To my surprise the recordings that were scheduled during the day were all on my X1 box. This is one time where the cloud workied like it should have. Kudo's to Comcast for this feature.

 


Did you watch the recordings on the web/some device other than your DVR?

 

We lost power a couple days ago, and the recordings were interrupted and the cloud didn't help.

Maybe I could have watched up until the point of the outage on the DVR/TV, then gone to the web and watched the time that was missed due to the outage?  Then gone back to the DVR to watch the rest of the game?   I don't really see that happening.  It would be great if the cloud would download/complete the recording that is on my DVR, or the DVR would automatically access the cloud recording for the interrupted section of time.  Otherwise it's of no use to me.


I hope they eventually add cloud DVR to the 'ways to watch' menu. 




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 2761 of 2,913
2,166 Views

TerriB wrote:

Cody21 wrote:

There is an intermittent GUIDE  quirk going on.  Every so often, I'll select GUIDE on my remote, but the GUIDE number will start at some other channel than the one I'm currently on. Very weird. Never had that issue until this latest update.   vers: 1.73.09   04/05/2017

 

example:  I'm on Channel 705. I select GUIDE. The Guide pops up on Channel 738. (that number can be any number.)  It used to be very consistent. If I was on ANY channel, selecting Guide would start with THAT channel number I was on.  

 

Anyone else seeing this?

 

 

Oh Yes...this happens a lot and has for quite a while. Glad you brought it up. I have always been out spoken on these forums but have  just about given up reporting glitches because Comcast doesn't comment/recognize our issues even when widespread and therefore we have to deal with the issues no matter how frustrating they are.  Case in point is the never ending saga of programs not being deleted when we delete them. Only sure way to get them to go away is to sync the dvr and that is not the way the platform was designed....delete should be done as soon as the command is clicked on.  We are constantly have to work around Comcast's refusal to fix bugs.



Yeah. Started happening to me too. It's so annyoing. Such a simple bug to fix.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2762 of 2,913
2,112 Views

tctc wrote:

BeowolfJones wrote:

This morning at about 4:00 AM we lost power due to a terrific wind storm. It is now 6:00 pm and we finally got back the power.  To my surprise the recordings that were scheduled during the day were all on my X1 box. This is one time where the cloud workied like it should have. Kudo's to Comcast for this feature.

 


Did you watch the recordings on the web/some device other than your DVR?

 

We lost power a couple days ago, and the recordings were interrupted and the cloud didn't help.

Maybe I could have watched up until the point of the outage on the DVR/TV, then gone to the web and watched the time that was missed due to the outage?  Then gone back to the DVR to watch the rest of the game?   I don't really see that happening.  It would be great if the cloud would download/complete the recording that is on my DVR, or the DVR would automatically access the cloud recording for the interrupted section of time.  Otherwise it's of no use to me.


My power went out about 9 minutes into The Walking Dead season finale. I had just read Beowulf's post about this or I would not have even thought to check the cloud. So when the power came back on the recording on my DVR said the full 86 minutes, but it died after 9 minutes. When I logged into my account on the web page, the entire show was there, but I did have to watch it there as opposed to on my DVR. I have an HTPC hooked into my TV, so it was not a big deal, and it was nice that it was there, but I also wish it would be available on the DVR in full like you said.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2763 of 2,913
2,091 Views

lightstorm22 wrote:

tctc wrote:

BeowolfJones wrote:

This morning at about 4:00 AM we lost power due to a terrific wind storm. It is now 6:00 pm and we finally got back the power.  To my surprise the recordings that were scheduled during the day were all on my X1 box. This is one time where the cloud workied like it should have. Kudo's to Comcast for this feature.

 


Did you watch the recordings on the web/some device other than your DVR?

 

We lost power a couple days ago, and the recordings were interrupted and the cloud didn't help.

Maybe I could have watched up until the point of the outage on the DVR/TV, then gone to the web and watched the time that was missed due to the outage?  Then gone back to the DVR to watch the rest of the game?   I don't really see that happening.  It would be great if the cloud would download/complete the recording that is on my DVR, or the DVR would automatically access the cloud recording for the interrupted section of time.  Otherwise it's of no use to me.


My power went out about 9 minutes into The Walking Dead season finale. I had just read Beowulf's post about this or I would not have even thought to check the cloud. So when the power came back on the recording on my DVR said the full 86 minutes, but it died after 9 minutes. When I logged into my account on the web page, the entire show was there, but I did have to watch it there as opposed to on my DVR. I have an HTPC hooked into my TV, so it was not a big deal, and it was nice that it was there, but I also wish it would be available on the DVR in full like you said.


Lightstorm, do you happen to have the finale still on your dvr?




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2764 of 2,913
2,086 Views
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2765 of 2,913
1,991 Views
Auto Pad Recordings has been returned. It can be found under Prefernces/General in the Tools menu. It is defaulted to be On



Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2766 of 2,913
1,943 Views

ComcastAndrew wrote:
Auto Pad Recordings has been returned. It can be found under Prefernces/General in the Tools menu. It is defaulted to be On

Hi Andrew,

 

If I have a recording set from 7-8, and another set from 8-9 on the same channel.  Will both of those recordings be auto-padded, and therefore use a different (second) tuner during the overlapping time around 8?

 

Thanks

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2767 of 2,913
1,935 Views

tctc wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:
Auto Pad Recordings has been returned. It can be found under Prefernces/General in the Tools menu. It is defaulted to be On

Hi Andrew,

 

If I have a recording set from 7-8, and another set from 8-9 on the same channel.  Will both of those recordings be auto-padded, and therefore use a different (second) tuner during the overlapping time around 8?

 

Thanks


I believe in theory, it would use a second tuner. But if a recording conflict came into play than the auto pad won't kick in.




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2768 of 2,913
1,919 Views

ComcastAndrew wrote:

tctc wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:
Auto Pad Recordings has been returned. It can be found under Prefernces/General in the Tools menu. It is defaulted to be On

Hi Andrew,

 

If I have a recording set from 7-8, and another set from 8-9 on the same channel.  Will both of those recordings be auto-padded, and therefore use a different (second) tuner during the overlapping time around 8?

 

Thanks


I believe in theory, it would use a second tuner. But if a recording conflict came into play than the auto pad won't kick in.


OK, thanks.  Trying to decide if I want to keep that turned on or not, based on the number of shows I have recording on some nights.  It is a nice feature when for some reason a certain network ends up off schedule by a couple minutes.

 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2769 of 2,913
1,906 Views

I think a great addition to the Sports app would be an indication of games won in the current playoff series, maybe to the left of the team name on the first screen.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 2770 of 2,913
1,872 Views

There is an option to look at the playoff picture and that shows the full bracket with # of games won.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2771 of 2,913
1,863 Views

tctc wrote:

I think a great addition to the Sports app would be an indication of games won in the current playoff series, maybe to the left of the team name on the first screen.


It's there, pick any team, arrow over to Stanley Cup and click on Playoff Picture and there's a bracket of the playoff teams




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2772 of 2,913
1,812 Views

ComcastAndrew wrote:
Auto Pad Recordings has been returned. It can be found under Prefernces/General in the Tools menu. It is defaulted to be On

Andrew, do you know why they opted to default it to On? Most users will not know that and if they use their DVR tuners to the max like I do there will be so many conflicts and subsequent phone calls to cust service,etc.  Does Comcast ever plan to include updates/changes in a bill insert so that all customers will be aware of whats going on. Most users do not belong to these forums or other on line Comcast information highways.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2773 of 2,913
1,802 Views

TerriB wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:
Auto Pad Recordings has been returned. It can be found under Prefernces/General in the Tools menu. It is defaulted to be On

Andrew, do you know why they opted to default it to On? Most users will not know that and if they use their DVR tuners to the max like I do there will be so many conflicts and subsequent phone calls to cust service,etc.  Does Comcast ever plan to include updates/changes in a bill insert so that all customers will be aware of whats going on. Most users do not belong to these forums or other on line Comcast information highways.


If there are recording conflicts, the auto tune doesn't kick in.

 

 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2774 of 2,913
1,787 Views

ComcastAndrew wrote:

TerriB wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:
Auto Pad Recordings has been returned. It can be found under Prefernces/General in the Tools menu. It is defaulted to be On

Andrew, do you know why they opted to default it to On? Most users will not know that and if they use their DVR tuners to the max like I do there will be so many conflicts and subsequent phone calls to cust service,etc.  Does Comcast ever plan to include updates/changes in a bill insert so that all customers will be aware of whats going on. Most users do not belong to these forums or other on line Comcast information highways.


If there are recording conflicts, the auto tune doesn't kick in.

 

 


Just so I fully understand. If I have all my tuners set to be in use for a time slot and auto pad is turned on and would create a recording conflict you are saying that it would not kick in?

 

For the other part of my previous post.....how do customers traditionally find out about updates/changes to the platform? If it were not for these forums I would never have a clue.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2775 of 2,913
1,766 Views
Starting here and using the search function on the website, there's also pressing the A button on the remote and accessing the available information/help videos, customers also get digital Welcome Kits. Everybody's different in where they're comfortable accessing information from.
https://www.xfinity.com/x1



Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2776 of 2,913
1,753 Views

ComcastAndrew wrote:
Starting here and using the search function on the website, there's also pressing the A button on the remote and accessing the available information/help videos, customers also get digital Welcome Kits. Everybody's different in where they're comfortable accessing information from.
https://www.xfinity.com/x1

Thanks Andrew, I personally don't have a problem finding information. The A button videos/help screens don't give timely  system updates but are useful  and for newbies especially.  I just wondered how the general Comcast population of users gets their info on newly activated platform features. Guess its up to each person and how much they want to know. I just thought it would be nice to have a monthly update inside the bill  or at least on the xfinity home page.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2777 of 2,913
1,668 Views
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 2778 of 2,913
1,588 Views

Go Green with X1, Power save option available

 

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/x1-earth-day-blog

 

Saying "go green" will let you update your power settings so that the box automatically powers down after a set time of inactivity. Pushing any button on the remote will power it back up in seconds and customers will see a "welcome back" screen telling them how many hours of energy were conserved.

 

Power saver lets customers put their X1s on standby to reduce power usage - to as low as a night light in some cases - without affecting important functions like recording shows or movies or watching them on other devices within the home. The setting can be activated at any time by saying "power down" into the X1 voice remote

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2779 of 2,913
1,576 Views

RadTV wrote:

Go Green with X1, Power save option available

 

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/x1-earth-day-blog

 

Saying "go green" will let you update your power settings so that the box automatically powers down after a set time of inactivity. Pushing any button on the remote will power it back up in seconds and customers will see a "welcome back" screen telling them how many hours of energy were conserved.

 

Power saver lets customers put their X1s on standby to reduce power usage - to as low as a night light in some cases - without affecting important functions like recording shows or movies or watching them on other devices within the home. The setting can be activated at any time by saying "power down" into the X1 voice remote


 

I'm interested in trying this out, anyone have experience using this and what the actual power back up timing is like?

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 2780 of 2,913
1,555 Views

Seeing an app today that I haven't noticed on X! before XFINITY xFI. Says my gateway is online, can restart gateway, view passwords and other stuff.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 2781 of 2,913
1,529 Views
I actually just saw that. Also a new online portal at internet.xfinity.com Port Forwarding and Managed Devices can no longer be controlled from the XB3 models.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2782 of 2,913
1,470 Views

ComcastAndrew wrote:

tctc wrote:

I think a great addition to the Sports app would be an indication of games won in the current playoff series, maybe to the left of the team name on the first screen.


It's there, pick any team, arrow over to Stanley Cup and click on Playoff Picture and there's a bracket of the playoff teams


Noticed last night that this option goes away for a certain game once it starts.  Also would be nice if the games won and lost, vs. the seeding, was labeled.

But a much better (additional) implementation would just be listing the number of wins next to the team on the very first screen.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2783 of 2,913
1,451 Views

I have been noticing a very strange thing with one of my DVR X1 boxes for the last month or so.

 

First let me say I have 4 X1 boxes in my home 3 DVR's with the Blue light and also one HD Box. On just one of my DVR boxes I noitced that if you are watching any channel lets say 847 Comcast Sportnet for example and then you open the big guide and scroll up or down to other channels after you close the guide and then reopen the guide again "right away" instead of showing the current channel you are currently watching on the big guide instead it shows where you last left the guide at when it was closed.However if you wait about 5 seconds or more to reopen the big guide it will show the current channel on the big guide. And all 3 DVR's also have the same software and firmware I think.

 

What I find really odd about this is all 3 of my DVR boxes are the same model with the blue light but yet only one of them has this issue.

 

Anyone else here seeing this and how can I fix it?

 

Thanks

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 2784 of 2,913
1,426 Views

Well known and widely discussed. Apparently Comcast is aware...


gate1975mlm wrote:

I have been noticing a very strange thing with one of my DVR X1 boxes for the last month or so.

 

First let me say I have 4 X1 boxes in my home 3 DVR's with the Blue light and also one HD Box. On just one of my DVR boxes I noitced that if you are watching any channel lets say 847 Comcast Sportnet for example and then you open the big guide and scroll up or down to other channels after you close the guide and then reopen the guide again "right away" instead of showing the current channel you are currently watching on the big guide instead it shows where you last left the guide at when it was closed.However if you wait about 5 seconds or more to reopen the big guide it will show the current channel on the big guide. And all 3 DVR's also have the same software and firmware I think.

 

What I find really odd about this is all 3 of my DVR boxes are the same model with the blue light but yet only one of them has this issue.

 

Anyone else here seeing this and how can I fix it?

 

Thanks





Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2785 of 2,913
1,384 Views

Paraniod wrote:

Seeing an app today that I haven't noticed on X! before XFINITY xFI. Says my gateway is online, can restart gateway, view passwords and other stuff.


What is this App called on the App screen.  I don't see it. I have version  1.740 4/13/17.  I don't know what xFI is so maybe I don't have the App.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2786 of 2,913
1,381 Views

It's on the last row of apps, it might be still in employee trials. But it's possible you may have access to it. Essentially icing you more control over an XB3 gateway modem ( if you have one)and eventually XB6
https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/04/comcast-gateway/




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2787 of 2,913
1,377 Views

ComcastAndrew wrote:
It's on the last row of apps, it might be still in employee trials. But it's possible you may have access to it. Essentially icing you more control over an XB3 gateway modem ( if you have one).

https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/04/comcast-gateway/

Thanks Andrew. I have a TG722G  branded gateway modem from Comcast...its a few years old so this gadget probably would not work for me. I see that the latest is TG862G. Should I upgrade?  We have one phone line and 2 wifi devices.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 2788 of 2,913
1,337 Views

ComcastAndrew wrote:
It's on the last row of apps, it might be still in employee trials. But it's possible you may have access to it. Essentially icing you more control over an XB3 gateway modem ( if you have one).

https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/04/comcast-gateway/

Seems to be fully live for me Andrew, on X1, in my account and also with downloaded mobile apps. I tried it out, but doubt I'll be using it.

(it does seem to make parental controls easier, if you need that and get a rough idea of who and which devices within the household are using the most data).

 

@Terri It works with the Arris TG1682G, the DPC3941T and the new XB6 gateway (when it comes out) the TG3482G

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2789 of 2,913
1,311 Views

TerriB wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:
It's on the last row of apps, it might be still in employee trials. But it's possible you may have access to it. Essentially icing you more control over an XB3 gateway modem ( if you have one).

https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/04/comcast-gateway/

Thanks Andrew. I have a TG722G  branded gateway modem from Comcast...its a few years old so this gadget probably would not work for me. I see that the latest is TG862G. Should I upgrade?  We have one phone line and 2 wifi devices.


The latest is actually a TG1682, but if everything is working for you, update is up to you. 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2790 of 2,913
1,288 Views

Paraniod wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:
It's on the last row of apps, it might be still in employee trials. But it's possible you may have access to it. Essentially icing you more control over an XB3 gateway modem ( if you have one).

https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/04/comcast-gateway/

Seems to be fully live for me Andrew, on X1, in my account and also with downloaded mobile apps. I tried it out, but doubt I'll be using it.

(it does seem to make parental controls easier, if you need that and get a rough idea of who and which devices within the household are using the most data).

 

@Terri It works with the Arris TG1682G, the DPC3941T and the new XB6 gateway (when it comes out) the TG3482G


thanks for the deets....I have TG722G...oh well

 

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2791 of 2,913
863 Views
Woot woot !! FINALLY. All MLB Extra Innings games in HD !! Theres now a specific HD channel for each team, so we get to listen to our own announcers. Awesome !

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2792 of 2,913
651 Views

Has anyone ever seen an answer, or can someone from Comcast maybe reply, to the question; why can't we get single button access to recordings?

 

It's been many years and this is a basic UI request that is very easy to solve and would be commonly used.

 

So many possible implementations.  Some examples -

- Change the Xfininity button to open to Saved, instead of Guide (because there is already a separate button for the Guide!)

- Remember/don't reset where the Xfinity button takes me every single night.

- Allow some type of programmable option (like the 30 second skip).

- Put something optional in the Comcast Labs that allows us to choose where the Xfinity button opens.

 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2793 of 2,913
636 Views

tctc wrote:

Has anyone ever seen an answer, or can someone from Comcast maybe reply, to the question; why can't we get single button access to recordings?

 

It's been many years and this is a basic UI request that is very easy to solve and would be commonly used.

 

So many possible implementations.  Some examples -

- Change the Xfininity button to open to Saved, instead of Guide (because there is already a separate button for the Guide!)

- Remember/don't reset where the Xfinity button takes me every single night.

- Allow some type of programmable option (like the 30 second skip).

- Put something optional in the Comcast Labs that allows us to choose where the Xfinity button opens.

 


I know this is not a button per se but there is a way to get there without all the button pressing. use the voice remote and say the command for recordings, which is "go to my recordings". I just tested it and it works flawlessly!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2794 of 2,913
625 Views

brandonbob2376 wrote:

tctc wrote:

Has anyone ever seen an answer, or can someone from Comcast maybe reply, to the question; why can't we get single button access to recordings?

 

It's been many years and this is a basic UI request that is very easy to solve and would be commonly used.

 

So many possible implementations.  Some examples -

- Change the Xfininity button to open to Saved, instead of Guide (because there is already a separate button for the Guide!)

- Remember/don't reset where the Xfinity button takes me every single night.

- Allow some type of programmable option (like the 30 second skip).

- Put something optional in the Comcast Labs that allows us to choose where the Xfinity button opens.

 


I know this is not a button per se but there is a way to get there without all the button pressing. use the voice remote and say the command for recordings, which is "go to my recordings". I just tested it and it works flawlessly!


Cool, will try that for sure, thanks.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2795 of 2,913
595 Views

tctc wrote:

brandonbob2376 wrote:

tctc wrote:

Has anyone ever seen an answer, or can someone from Comcast maybe reply, to the question; why can't we get single button access to recordings?

 

It's been many years and this is a basic UI request that is very easy to solve and would be commonly used.

 

So many possible implementations.  Some examples -

- Change the Xfininity button to open to Saved, instead of Guide (because there is already a separate button for the Guide!)

- Remember/don't reset where the Xfinity button takes me every single night.

- Allow some type of programmable option (like the 30 second skip).

- Put something optional in the Comcast Labs that allows us to choose where the Xfinity button opens.

 


I know this is not a button per se but there is a way to get there without all the button pressing. use the voice remote and say the command for recordings, which is "go to my recordings". I just tested it and it works flawlessly!


Cool, will try that for sure, thanks.


You are welcome.I am glad I was able to be of assistance!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2796 of 2,913
590 Views

brandonbob2376 wrote:

tctc wrote:

brandonbob2376 wrote:

tctc wrote:

Has anyone ever seen an answer, or can someone from Comcast maybe reply, to the question; why can't we get single button access to recordings?

 

It's been many years and this is a basic UI request that is very easy to solve and would be commonly used.

 

So many possible implementations.  Some examples -

- Change the Xfininity button to open to Saved, instead of Guide (because there is already a separate button for the Guide!)

- Remember/don't reset where the Xfinity button takes me every single night.

- Allow some type of programmable option (like the 30 second skip).

- Put something optional in the Comcast Labs that allows us to choose where the Xfinity button opens.

 


I know this is not a button per se but there is a way to get there without all the button pressing. use the voice remote and say the command for recordings, which is "go to my recordings". I just tested it and it works flawlessly!


Cool, will try that for sure, thanks.


You are welcome.I am glad I was able to be of assistance!


Very helpful, for your next trick, can you poke someone at Comcast with a stick and get them to actually implement the UI?

 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2797 of 2,913
587 Views

tctc wrote:

brandonbob2376 wrote:

tctc wrote:

brandonbob2376 wrote:

tctc wrote:

Has anyone ever seen an answer, or can someone from Comcast maybe reply, to the question; why can't we get single button access to recordings?

 

It's been many years and this is a basic UI request that is very easy to solve and would be commonly used.

 

So many possible implementations.  Some examples -

- Change the Xfininity button to open to Saved, instead of Guide (because there is already a separate button for the Guide!)

- Remember/don't reset where the Xfinity button takes me every single night.

- Allow some type of programmable option (like the 30 second skip).

- Put something optional in the Comcast Labs that allows us to choose where the Xfinity button opens.

 


I know this is not a button per se but there is a way to get there without all the button pressing. use the voice remote and say the command for recordings, which is "go to my recordings". I just tested it and it works flawlessly!


Cool, will try that for sure, thanks.


You are welcome.I am glad I was able to be of assistance!


Very helpful, for your next trick, can you poke someone at Comcast with a stick and get them to actually implement the UI?

 


Haha!! glad my suggestion was helpful. I do agree that it should exist in the UI but I believe the future of X1 is the voice remote, which I have embraced fully. I see the day coming soon for when I will not have the need for button pressing besides launching voice commands and even that can be eliminated by using voice to make the command, similar to "hey siri" ! Until that day, I agree with you that the button pressing should be able to be limited to one press. Hopefully Andrew or another rep can speak to this when they have time.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2798 of 2,913
585 Views

brandonbob2376 wrote:

tctc wrote:

brandonbob2376 wrote:

tctc wrote:

brandonbob2376 wrote:

tctc wrote:

Has anyone ever seen an answer, or can someone from Comcast maybe reply, to the question; why can't we get single button access to recordings?

 

It's been many years and this is a basic UI request that is very easy to solve and would be commonly used.

 

So many possible implementations.  Some examples -

- Change the Xfininity button to open to Saved, instead of Guide (because there is already a separate button for the Guide!)

- Remember/don't reset where the Xfinity button takes me every single night.

- Allow some type of programmable option (like the 30 second skip).

- Put something optional in the Comcast Labs that allows us to choose where the Xfinity button opens.

 


I know this is not a button per se but there is a way to get there without all the button pressing. use the voice remote and say the command for recordings, which is "go to my recordings". I just tested it and it works flawlessly!


Cool, will try that for sure, thanks.


You are welcome.I am glad I was able to be of assistance!


Very helpful, for your next trick, can you poke someone at Comcast with a stick and get them to actually implement the UI?

 


Haha!! glad my suggestion was helpful. I do agree that it should exist in the UI but I believe the future of X1 is the voice remote, which I have embraced fully. I see the day coming soon for when I will not have the need for button pressing besides launching voice commands and even that can be eliminated by using voice to make the command, similar to "hey siri" ! Until that day, I agree with you that the button pressing should be able to be limited to one press. Hopefully Andrew or another rep can speak to this when they have time.


I should probably use it more often than I do.

And if a voice command could get X1 to back up a slight amount, then slow mo forward, and stop on a frame, then i'd be all over it.

Yesterday I spent several mintues, maybe 20-25 tries, trying to get it to back up and then slo mo and stop at the exact point the ball hit the sand in a volleyball match, but never could, so just had to give up.  Future without slo mo and frame by frame is most definitely not awesome.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2799 of 2,913
576 Views
Don't forget those of us who don't use the voice remote, because it can't do everything I need it to like my Logitech can.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2800 of 2,913
574 Views

lightstorm22 wrote:
Don't forget those of us who don't use the voice remote, because it can't do everything I need it to like my Logitech can.

simple fix there! order a new voice remote from comcast.