online now

discussions

Upcoming X1 Updates

SOLVED
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2701 of 2,873

jarlmaster47 wrote:

Of course the screen issue is software related. 99 percent of problems with anything technology wise is due to software/firmware. A lot of companies just don't want to put in the effort to create excellent, well-optimized software. They don't want to "waste" money on software engineers and developers. The irony is that they lose more money in labor costs as well as money lost giving customers money off than they save making great software. Comcast spends more sending a tech to a house call and replacing a piece of hardware than they save on keeping their suboptimal software unchanged. It's incredibly obvious. That's a big reason as to why Windows 10 has been so wildly successful. Microsoft spends a lot of time and money addressing everyone's issues. They probably don't have to do as much as they do. But they are and it's resulted in ever more business. 

===

All we want is for Comcast to admit there is a glitch or bug in the software and make some attempt to fix it. Something usually goes wrong after an update.  They add a bell or a whistle and a basic UI function has seizures.  Its really sad that they won't even acknowledge that there is a problem.  Screen freezing, inabililty to delete a recording, series recordings skipping episodes,  audio and video blackouts every few minutes on certain channels, etc are extremely irritating to customers who pay a lot of money for the X1 platform. We are at their mercy because we fuss and pushback but at the end of the day we pay our bill and keep on being frustrated so why should they do anything. Just call us 'The Order of Sisyphus ".

Switching to FIOS or Direct TV  would surely only start new grocery lists of issues. I  feel Comcast offers a fair  very competitive price for bundles compared to FIOS . We just want what we pay for. You are correct about MS and Win 10.  Once I got used to the new look/feel I have been very happy and  overjoyed with how stable it is and with the update process. It appears they did intensive testing before rollout.  In my opinion its the best they have ever produced and I am one who does not enjoy OS  changes .

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2702 of 2,873

In regard to the constant X1 software updates we get.

When I was first learning to write software in our corporate laboratory, my users were my fellow chemists who would let me know instantly every time I made a mistake. As I referenced several years ago on this forum, all code had to fit into 64K

that's 640,000 bytes ! The whole lab operated on a 20 mb hard drive. This was before Windows came out and everything was text based and had a very small footprint. We were the first division of the company to get Windows because we needed it and a graphics card to be able to run our Chromatography software. The upshot of all this was I learned to write very efficient code and made sure it was crash proof. One day a visiting rep from our IT department said "Crash proof eh ?" and he proceeded to run his hands over the keyboard hitting every key he could including the Function keys. He shut up when he saw the program was still uncrashed and the screen was displaying a message that the input field did not accept F keystrokes.

My point is: I know what good programming is and Comcast's X1 software isn't it. The facts speak for themselves.

X1 should have been a mature, stable product long before now.

TerriB is wise in that she knows other TV systems have their problems. My brother's direct TV system has it's problems including loss of signal when the dish gets a heavy coating of snow. I'm way too old to get out the ladder and climb up on the roof to brush snow off a dish. The idea scares me.

However, that said, I think it is not unreasonable to expect Comcast to produce a trouble free X1 system that doesn't malfunction with such regularity.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 2703 of 2,873

BeowolfJones wrote:

When I was first learning to write software in our corporate laboratory, my users were my fellow chemists who would let me know instantly every time I made a mistake. As I referenced several years ago on this forum, all code had to fit into 64K

that's 640,000 bytes ! The whole lab operated on a 20 mb hard drive. This was before Windows came out and everything was text based and had a very small footprint. We were the first division of the company to get Windows because we needed it and a graphics card to be able to run our Chromatography software. The upshot of all this was I learned to write very efficient code and made sure it was crash proof. One day a visiting rep from our IT department said "Crash proof eh ?" and he proceeded to run his hands over the keyboard hitting every key he could including the Function keys. He shut up when he saw the program was still uncrashed and the screen was displaying a message that the input field did not accept F keystrokes.

My point is: I know what good programming is and Comcast's X1 software isn't it. The facts speak for themselves.

TerriB is wise in that she knows other TV systems have their problems. My brother's direct TV system has it's problems including loss of signal when the dish gets a heavy coating of snow. I'm way too old to get out the ladder and climb up on the roof to brush snow off a dish. The idea scares me.

However, that said, I think it is not unreasonable to expect Comcast to produce a trouble free X1 system that doesn't malfunction with such regularity.

64K bytes is actually 65,536 bytes. Not 640,000 bytes. But I get your point. :-)

Posted by
Contributor

Message 2704 of 2,873

TerriB wrote:

jarlmaster47 wrote:

Of course the screen issue is software related. 99 percent of problems with anything technology wise is due to software/firmware. A lot of companies just don't want to put in the effort to create excellent, well-optimized software. They don't want to "waste" money on software engineers and developers. The irony is that they lose more money in labor costs as well as money lost giving customers money off than they save making great software. Comcast spends more sending a tech to a house call and replacing a piece of hardware than they save on keeping their suboptimal software unchanged. It's incredibly obvious. That's a big reason as to why Windows 10 has been so wildly successful. Microsoft spends a lot of time and money addressing everyone's issues. They probably don't have to do as much as they do. But they are and it's resulted in ever more business. 

===

All we want is for Comcast to admit there is a glitch or bug in the software and make some attempt to fix it. Something usually goes wrong after an update.  They add a bell or a whistle and a basic UI function has seizures.  Its really sad that they won't even acknowledge that there is a problem.  Screen freezing, inabililty to delete a recording, series recordings skipping episodes,  audio and video blackouts every few minutes on certain channels, etc are extremely irritating to customers who pay a lot of money for the X1 platform. We are at their mercy because we fuss and pushback but at the end of the day we pay our bill and keep on being frustrated so why should they do anything. Just call us 'The Order of Sisyphus ".

Switching to FIOS or Direct TV  would surely only start new grocery lists of issues. I  feel Comcast offers a fair  very competitive price for bundles compared to FIOS . We just want what we pay for. You are correct about MS and Win 10.  Once I got used to the new look/feel I have been very happy and  overjoyed with how stable it is and with the update process. It appears they did intensive testing before rollout.  In my opinion its the best they have ever produced and I am one who does not enjoy OS  changes .

That's what happens when ISP's have monopoly over an area. I couldn't get Fios if I wanted to. My parents have it back home and it's fantastic. Then they have DirectTV. Yeah it's more expensive but they get the best TV and internet companies. DirecTV is peerless imo. The government should run the internet. Look at South Korea, Japan, and much of Europe. Cheap, fast internet that works wonderfully. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2705 of 2,873

if the screen issue were software related from an upcoming and now past update, we would all have the problem. Not everyone has the issue you are describing, this tells me there is something else awry with those that have this screen issue. I have never EVER in my time with x1, had this issue. There must be an answer besides software that explains this. Hope your problem is fixed for you soon!

jarlmaster47 wrote:

Of course the screen issue is software related. 99 percent of problems with anything technology wise is due to software/firmware.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2706 of 2,873

BeowolfJones wrote:

===

I am a  retired  30 yr AT&T network engineer. As a retiree I am entitlied to discounted Direct TV but NO WAY.  I know many say they don't have dish issues but I know too many who do.  Heavy rain or snow mean no tv! Cannot imagine getting up on the roof to clean and adjust a dish. As for FIOS don't let their speed ads fool ya!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2707 of 2,873
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2708 of 2,873

brandonbob2376 wrote:

if the screen issue were software related from an upcoming and now past update, we would all have the problem. Not everyone has the issue you are describing, this tells me there is something else awry with those that have this screen issue. I have never EVER in my time with x1, had this issue. There must be an answer besides software that explains this. Hope your problem is fixed for you soon!

jarlmaster47 wrote:

Of course the screen issue is software related. 99 percent of problems with anything technology wise is due to software/firmware.

Sorry, but not every software bug will be experienced by every user all the time. That's simply not true. Yes there can be a catastrophic bug that affects everyone, but most will affect some (likely small) percentage of customers under just the right conditions that trigger the issue. There is no reason not to suspect the screen freezing issue is one of those kind.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2709 of 2,873

m45warrior1 wrote:

BeowolfJones wrote:

64K bytes is actually 65,536 bytes. Not 640,000 bytes. But I get your point. :-)

True and I know that but the industry commonly referred to it as 64K, (2 raised to the 16th power) This is a ridiculously small amount of memory compared to the memory we expect and use today. My camera has a 32 Gb memory card for storage allowing me to take up to 2hrs of 720p video. As I have stated before, you had to write efficient code, or you couldn't compile the program into an executable file. The point is, those of us who know about programming cannot sit by without commenting on the multitude of X1 programming bugs we continue to experience. We are a captive user group, constantly used to test X1 when it should have been thoroughly tested and vetted before we got it.

The system we had before X1:

1. recorded the buffer and got the whole show

2. Worked well enough so you could watch a recorded show when Comcast was down.

3. Had real slow-mo capability.

4. Didn't require nightly re-boots.

5. Seldom required a "Hard Reboot" (Had to pull out the power plug and reinsert).

6. Was much more tolerant of less than ideal Comcast infrastructure. ( all the equipment between Comcast and your home).

If you compare the number of problems X1 has had vs the old system, then the old system wins hands down.

Ultimately, the idea is to be able to watch TV shows. Comcast seems to think the wrapper they put around the process is more important than the final result.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 2710 of 2,873

lightstorm22 wrote:

brandonbob2376 wrote:

jarlmaster47 wrote:

Sorry, but not every software bug will be experienced by every user all the time. That's simply not true. Yes there can be a catastrophic bug that affects everyone, but most will affect some (likely small) percentage of customers under just the right conditions that trigger the issue. There is no reason not to suspect the screen freezing issue is one of those kind.

This is a good point and is one of the things that makes coding/optimization so challenging. Eventually (I'd say 4-5 years), most software will be made with self-writing code. So if any person runs into an issue, an AI/machine learning program will identify the issue and amend the code to fix it. In theory, no one will ever have software/firmware issues ever again. 

That being said, that day has not yet arrived. Even if it is a small issue that few customers face, Comcast has to acknowledge each and every issue. I understand if it's not a top priority for them, but there is no excuse for ignoring customer complaints or not working to rectify those concerns. I've had issues on iOS or Windows 10 that I have complained about, gotten a response directly from a software engineer, and had the issue fixed in a subsequent update. Comcast needs to be better about addressing and fixing customer issues, period. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2711 of 2,873

I think he was just (in a friendly manner) giving you a hard time when you said 64K is 640,000 bytes, when you probably meant to say 64,000 bytes Smiley Happy

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2712 of 2,873
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2713 of 2,873

Well based on the fact that mods are moving posts around, one can reasonably conclude that they are least reading through the threads on this forum. Whether they are acting on or internalizing any of them is the question. ComcastAndrew anything to say since you seem to be so active on this thread? Anything to comfort us or assuage our concerns?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2714 of 2,873

lightstorm22 wrote:

I think he was just (in a friendly manner) giving you a hard time when you said 64K is 640,000 bytes, when you probably meant to say 64,000 bytes Smiley Happy

You are correct. I can't help thinking what I would have said back in 1984 if I had had any idea that we would be having 32 GB portable memory cards smaller than a book of matches. The revolution we have experienced in the world of Computers and electronics still amazes me. That is why I find it so hard to understand why Comcast hasn't managed to fix X1's problems after having several years to address our concerns.

Comcast should be hiring someone who can see the entire picture of X1 software and can manage it's upgrades and debugging. The whole X1 experience suggests it is being developed by several diverse teams who do not communicate with each other about the changes they are making and the impact it will have on the final release. One of the biggest problems in large corporations is a lack of transparency and communication between departments on projects and their impact on the general user. Certainly this is well known but also just as certainly, still true.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2715 of 2,873
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2716 of 2,873

BeowolfJones wrote:

lightstorm22 wrote:

You are correct. I can't help thinking what I would have said back in 1984 if I had had any idea that we would be having 32 GB portable memory cards smaller than a book of matches. The revolution we have experienced in the world of Computers and electronics still amazes me. That is why I find it so hard to understand why Comcast hasn't managed to fix X1's problems after having several years to address our concerns.

Comcast should be hiring someone who can see the entire picture of X1 software and can manage it's upgrades and debugging. The whole X1 experience suggests it is being developed by several diverse teams who do not communicate with each other about the changes they are making and the impact it will have on the final release. One of the biggest problems in large corporations is a lack of transparency and communication between departments on projects and their impact on the general user. Certainly this is well known but also just as certainly, still true.

Agreed. In speaking with Comcast, giving feedback, complaining about issues, etc. I definitely get the impression that they are a very segmented company. Communication and inter-department collaboration are sub-optimal. But it's not an excuse and it's not even a "every company is like that" sort of situation. I get the feeling that Apple and Microsoft have excellent intra-company communication between departments. Individual Windows teams working on different aspects of the OS clearly work together, hence why Windows 10 is such a great OS. I could add Samsung to the mix actually, as they seem to do a pretty good job of integrating feedback and improving their software/hardware across their spectrum of products.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2717 of 2,873

Any plans in future updates to allow us to choose which recordings are saved to the cloud and which ones are hard drive only? My cloud Recordings fills up faster than my dvr and most of my recordings are watched in home. The shows I want to watch while on the go are pressed for cloud space. Being able to decide which shows to send to the cloud will free up my dvr cloud space and free space on your cloud servers also.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2718 of 2,873

knightrap wrote:

Any plans in future updates to allow us to choose which recordings are saved to the cloud and which ones are hard drive only? My cloud Recordings fills up faster than my dvr and most of my recordings are watched in home. The shows I want to watch while on the go are pressed for cloud space. Being able to decide which shows to send to the cloud will free up my dvr cloud space and free space on your cloud servers also.

My cloud and my dvr are close to being the same.  In the past, I have had to delete some recordings in the cloud because they had been deleted from my dvr but not removed from the cloud.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 2719 of 2,873
That's interesting. My home Dvr has 35 recordings and shows 50% full. Looking at the streaming app it shows 70% full.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2720 of 2,873

knightrap wrote:
That's interesting. My home Dvr has 35 recordings and shows 50% full. Looking at the streaming app it shows 70% full.

There may be some undeleted recordings in Cloud that aren't on your DVR.  They can be deleted.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 2721 of 2,873

RobertWy wrote:

knightrap wrote:

There may be some undeleted recordings in Cloud that aren't on your DVR.  They can be deleted.

My Dvr and streaming app show the same recordings. Or are there hidden recordings in the cloud I don't see?  How would I go about deleting those

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2722 of 2,873

The Autopad recordings feature has graduated and moved to preferences in version 1.73. It now says "Coming Soon" so it appears that they fixed the feature.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2723 of 2,873

I have been testing playlists and there is a feature that I would like to have added to it's capabilities. When you are viewing a playlist and press the "Info" button, all you get is a listing of the playlist shows queued up for playing. There is no "Cast and Crew"  feature for the show you are currently watching like there is when you play a single recorded show. I think it would be a nice addition to have this feature added to the playlist function.

The series recording function is still skipping episodes that were previously recorded and deleted recently. It has nothing to do with the episode being marked as viewed. Once again I ask for a Comcast rep to check into why this has just started happening in the last month or so.

A Pox on the channels that run the end of their show past the schduled time in the guide forcing us to remember to extend the recording time to get the finish of the show.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2724 of 2,873

question - did teh latest update change how we delete watched shows.  up until last week when a show ended a screen popped up and asked if i wanted to delete the show after viewing.  Now it just goes back to the dvr recorded list - i have to then find the show and delete the watched shwo manually  is that an intended change?

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 2725 of 2,873

applehazar wrote:

question - did teh latest update change how we delete watched shows.  up until last week when a show ended a screen popped up and asked if i wanted to delete the show after viewing.  Now it just goes back to the dvr recorded list - i have to then find the show and delete the watched shwo manually  is that an intended change?

We've had the same issue! Kind of a pain. I hope it's just a bug that will be fixed soon.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2726 of 2,873

m45warrior1 wrote:

applehazar wrote:

We've had the same issue! Kind of a pain. I hope it's just a bug that will be fixed soon.

Yes, we have that same new process/bug.  And we have the same old bug where the show doesn't always delete...

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2727 of 2,873

applehazar wrote:

I have the same problem. The latest update seems to be the culprit.  Just another example of the programmers making a change and seeming to be unaware of the consequences. Apparently the programmers graduated from the "Bull in a China Shop" school of programming. The way it used to work it asked if you wanted to delete the recording and if you deleted it and it was a series recording you could select the option of watching the next episode.  All gone now. It has me wishing MIcrosoft would buy out Comcast, then maybe we would get a stable system with upgrades that don't keep breaking functionality.

When I think of all the versions of X1 I have had download on to my box since I got X1 a few years ago, it boggles my mind.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 2728 of 2,873

BeowolfJones wrote:

applehazar wrote:

I have the same problem. The latest update seems to be the culprit.  Just another example of the programmers making a change and seeming to be unaware of the consequences. Apparently the programmers graduated from the "Bull in a China Shop" school of programming. The way it used to work it asked if you wanted to delete the recording and if you deleted it and it was a series recording you could select the option of watching the next episode.  All gone now. It has me wishing MIcrosoft would buy out Comcast, then maybe we would get a stable system with upgrades that don't keep breaking functionality.

When I think of all the versions of X1 I have had download on to my box since I got X1 a few years ago, it boggles my mind.

God I wish. Microsoft has been magnificent with Windows 10. Their software engineers are on point. Comcast on the other hand seems to have a bunch of amateurs at the helm. Such a shame. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 2729 of 2,873

hi everyone

some feedback for Comcast after this recent update

same issue as reported by the others recently. after watching 1 of 2 episodes recorded in a series it no longer offers to delete the episode just finished. And now the bug of deleting a recording and havig it stick around seems a little worse than it had been. the deletion bug has been around since the 2nd day we got x1 and weve had techs out, weve had cables replaced at the house and weve had every box in the house replaced but at this point im pretty sure it is in fact a bug. the difference is now when we ask it to delete the recording sticks around unable to be watched but also taking up room on the dvr (the percentage doent go down). so while it hasnt gone away it has changed.

on an interesting note in general preference it is now possible to change the update/cycle time. mine is lised at 3:00-6:00a.m. might change this to see what happens.

hope for the little things to get fixed soon.

have a nice day everyone.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 2730 of 2,873

I also no longer see the offer to delete a viewed program when it ends. I love this feature and it needs to be fixed. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2731 of 2,873

agreed - deleting a program is now a hastle and usually doesn't delete until the next day - and most times you have to delete again - arghhh - i also second the daily update - mine is always about 5:15 AM - that doesn't work well for me - i dont mind a daily reboot since it is needed to clear the hanging bugs - and many times when i turn on the set its a blue screen - making me re boot yet again - but let me set the reboot daily time!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2732 of 2,873

Software that requires a nightly reboot is not my idea of good software.

So, is it the programmers or the software development platform itself ? If it's the software language that's the problem then why hasn't Comcast done something about it long before this.  We the users have been subjected to loss of functionality and bugs since X1 rolled out. I used whatever I had to use to get the job done when I was programming. Visual basic, Visual Basic.Net,Java, C++, C#, C, Fortran, Cobol, Unix script,Unix Cron Daemon,  Assembler and Dynamic Data exchange and more.

The constant problems with ECKS1 (sic) point to three possible conclusions:

1. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory remarks">

2. The platform used for development of X1 is flawed. (memory leaks, lost sockets, unstable).

3. All the above.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2733 of 2,873

applehazar wrote:

For me, This is why Comcast is so awesome. The issue with not receiving the offer to delete at end of a program was reported. The issue is now fixed within a short time. Thank you Comcast for The way you handle upcoming updates and fixing the aforementioned deleting issue!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2734 of 2,873

The delete issue is not fixed - not at all - last night after watching - goes straight back to dvr listing - try to maually delete - doesnt work either - still there this morning - 3 different shows - but 2  others deleted  

additionally - Nice addition - when i turned on this morning at 4:30 - again it wanted a reboot - but gave me an option to set a reboot time - i looked at it and its set to midnight to 2 am - so why did it wait for a manual reboot at 4:30 AM ?

same old same old

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2735 of 2,873

Hmmm I just tested the offer to delete feature that occurs after an episode is watched and it works perfectly on my end. Maybe you do not have the most recent update. Just a guess 

applehazar wrote:

The delete issue is not fixed - not at all - last night after watching - goes straight back to dvr listing - try to maually delete - doesnt work either - still there this morning - 3 different shows - but 2  others deleted  

additionally - Nice addition - when i turned on this morning at 4:30 - again it wanted a reboot - but gave me an option to set a reboot time - i looked at it and its set to midnight to 2 am - so why did it wait for a manual reboot at 4:30 AM ?

same old same old

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2736 of 2,873

This morning at about 4:00 AM we lost power due to a terrific wind storm. It is now 6:00 pm and we finally got back the power.  To my surprise the recordings that were scheduled during the day were all on my X1 box. This is one time where the cloud workied like it should have. Kudo's to Comcast for this feature.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2737 of 2,873

yes, in my opinion, this is one of the main reasons why moving much of the comcast experience to the cloud is a great idea! I am glad you were able to enjoy the benefit!

BeowolfJones wrote:

This morning at about 4:00 AM we lost power due to a terrific wind storm. It is now 6:00 pm and we finally got back the power.  To my surprise the recordings that were scheduled during the day were all on my X1 box. This is one time where the cloud workied like it should have. Kudo's to Comcast for this feature.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2738 of 2,873

brandonbob2376 wrote:

yes, in my opinion, this is one of the main reasons why moving much of the comcast experience to the cloud is a great idea! I am glad you were able to enjoy the benefit!

BeowolfJones wrote:

Except that this feature could be enabled without requiring every other feature to also use the cloud.   Cloud backup and recordings do not have to be tied to cloud DVR interaction.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2739 of 2,873

1.73 Update

Added the option to Snooze the Parental Controls PIN prompt, temporarily suspending all Parental Controls lock enforcement and Safe Browsing settings for one, two or four hours.
This functionality can be turned off entirely by navigating to Settings > Parental Controls.

Added a new Adult badge to adult programming and X1 menus that contain adult content in addition to traditional program ratings for easier identification.

Updated Voice Guidance, so visually-impaired customers can more easily navigate content and better control the playback experience.

Added the ability to change the Daily Update Time for all TV boxes on the account by the hour from the default time of 3:00 AM to 4:00 AM local time.
Navigate to Settings > Preferences > General > Daily Update Time to change the window in which the TV boxes automatically reboot.

Users can also select Delay One Time or Change Daily Reboot from the on-screen notification that appears 10 minutes before the TV box reboots, which will not occur during a scheduled DVR recording.

Enhanced DVR Auto Extend functionality so that all eligible live sports programming will receive automatic extensions without requiring the X1 user to change their settings.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2740 of 2,873

ComcastAndrew wrote:

1.73 Update

Enhanced DVR Auto Extend functionality so that all eligible live sports programming will receive automatic extensions without requiring the X1 user to change their settings.

Will this new version of Auto Extend work for series recordings?  With the previous implementation, you could not specify it when you setup a series, such as NASCAR races.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2741 of 2,873
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2742 of 2,873

ComcastAndrew wrote:

1.73 Update

<< SNIP >>

The new enhanced Auto Extend seems to be working. I started a recording of a NASCAR Xfinity race in-progress.  The dialog box said to end the recording on-time.  The race ran over the alloted time and it was all recorded. 

The entire race was recorded, but the recording ended before the end of the broadcast!  Also, the progress bar ended at the scheduled recording time.  When the race went past that time, the progress bar started adding time.  When you down arrrow to see the progress bar, the message at the top of the screen says that the program information is unavailable.  It forgets what its doing!  The time in the list of recorded programs also only shows the scheduled recording time, not the actual time.

These items should be addressed in future updates.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2743 of 2,873

thank you Andrew for this info, these are updates that I am looking forward to enjoying!

ComcastAndrew wrote:

1.73 Update

Added the option to Snooze the Parental Controls PIN prompt, temporarily suspending all Parental Controls lock enforcement and Safe Browsing settings for one, two or four hours.
This functionality can be turned off entirely by navigating to Settings > Parental Controls.

Added a new Adult badge to adult programming and X1 menus that contain adult content in addition to traditional program ratings for easier identification.

Updated Voice Guidance, so visually-impaired customers can more easily navigate content and better control the playback experience.

Added the ability to change the Daily Update Time for all TV boxes on the account by the hour from the default time of 3:00 AM to 4:00 AM local time.
Navigate to Settings > Preferences > General > Daily Update Time to change the window in which the TV boxes automatically reboot.

Users can also select Delay One Time or Change Daily Reboot from the on-screen notification that appears 10 minutes before the TV box reboots, which will not occur during a scheduled DVR recording.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 2744 of 2,873

I know it's been said before but I will continue to reiterate until it gets fixed.

Recently, X1 does not ask me to automatically delete a recorded show once I have finished it. That was a useful feature that is now gone and I don't understand why. Please bring it back. Every time you introduce something new, it seems that something else gets pulled.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2745 of 2,873

It is fixed on the version of x1 I am running. Maybe you don't have the most recent update 

jarlmaster47 wrote:

I know it's been said before but I will continue to reiterate until it gets fixed.

Recently, X1 does not ask me to automatically delete a recorded show once I have finished it. That was a useful feature that is now gone and I don't understand why. Please bring it back. Every time you introduce something new, it seems that something else gets pulled.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2746 of 2,873

it started working for me yesterday.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 2747 of 2,873

I guess not. Haven't used xfinity today so when I get home, perhaps the X1 will have updated and the issue will be resolved for me as well.

brandonbob2376 wrote:

It is fixed on the version of x1 I am running. Maybe you don't have the most recent update 

jarlmaster47 wrote:

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2748 of 2,873

jarlmaster47 wrote:

Hi, 

This issue is addressed in the latest update that began rolling out to customers last week. You should be receiving it soon.

Gwen

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2749 of 2,873

ComcastGwen wrote:

jarlmaster47 wrote:

Hi, 

This issue is addressed in the latest update that began rolling out to customers last week. You should be receiving it soon.

Gwen

Yes it has been fixed and thank you for the response. Please keep doing so, so that us customers know Comcast is listening to and fixing issues. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2750 of 2,873

Is the ghost recordings ever going to be fixed?

I hate when I delete DVR recordings and they keep reaprearing.