online now

discussions

Upcoming X1 Updates

SOLVED
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 201 of 3,001

TiredRetired wrote:

Got the latest version today.  I see no changes.   Box continues to momentarily lose connect with the server from time to time resulting in laggy performance or a black screen with the One Moment Please in the upper right.  Then back to normal again for a while.

There is no question that since around the second week of October the X1 system for me has lost a level or two of dependability.

Not sure what happened.  What scares me is that I am also not sure Comcast does either.  

Cheers. 

I have experienced something similar, but it is very seldom.  That leads me to believe that the issue is a local issue.  Some connections to the plant are better than others.

I don't know what the real name is that Comcast uses for "plant", but I suspect it is some kind of area "server" or "controller".

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 202 of 3,001

TiredRetired wrote:

Got the latest version today.  I see no changes.   Box continues to momentarily lose connect with the server from time to time resulting in laggy performance or a black screen with the One Moment Please in the upper right.  Then back to normal again for a while.

There is no question that since around the second week of October the X1 system for me has lost a level or two of dependability.

Not sure what happened.  What scares me is that I am also not sure Comcast does either.  

Cheers. 

We've experienced this a couple of times this week as well. Very intermitten though. Never before this week.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 203 of 3,001

XRE 1.47.18 11/13/2014 14:01

no menu changes found, apps etc unchanged. 

change? I switched to TVLand, hit record and got the Your recording is set without the extra "this episode only/all episodes" sub menu.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 204 of 3,001

I've also noticed these updates are happening on-the-fly without the box restarting.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 205 of 3,001

Now we are up to 1.47.18 xappl-XRE.47P18 and still not word from Comcast about November updates?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 206 of 3,001

My ABOUT page says UNKNOWN for my remote's battery level.  I am using the XR2 vP2 remote that Comcast gave me.  Could that be the problem?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 207 of 3,001

SLR42 wrote:

My ABOUT page says UNKNOWN for my remote's battery level.  I am using the XR2 vP2 remote that Comcast gave me.  Could that be the problem?

My remote is an XR2 vU2 so maybe. At this point who knows much of anything the way X1 software releases keep changing the game.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 208 of 3,001

SLR42 wrote:

Did you pair the remote with the box? Directions are usually on the back of the remote.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 209 of 3,001

grantsa4 wrote:

Has any else noticed that the DVR gauge on the Aris DVR's has gone away?

Why take away something so useful? Especially when you know when hitting the 60% mark that it's time to delete shows.

Strange... my ARRIS has 1.47.18 and I have the DVR gauge... it has not disappreared....

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 210 of 3,001

SLR42 wrote:

that info on the x1 screen is only available when you have the remote RF linked (you will see only the green LED color flash when RF linked, else it is red LED color flash.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 211 of 3,001

SLR42 wrote:

This only works for DVR's.... not STB's.... cannot pair the remote to an STB..... just saying.....

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 212 of 3,001

Thanks.  I had not "Paired" my remote and did not realize that this also actvated an RF link so that I no longer have to point the remote directly at the cable box.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 213 of 3,001
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 214 of 3,001

Rustyben wrote:

SLR42 wrote:

that info on the x1 screen is only available when you have the remote RF linked (you will see only the green LED color flash when RF linked, else it is red LED color flash.

Do you realize if we put your remote version together with mine we get PU a good description of how X! has been working lately.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 215 of 3,001

ok another 1.47.18 bug 

on last with comcast expanded last option, "last watched" first item is a partially watched recording. When selected to "D" delete it says removed but still in the list. Not sure if it is the 'first' one that is the error (far left) or that it is a dvr recording. Either way not working to remove 'just' that item. Did remove 'all' and it removed.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 216 of 3,001

2themax wrote:

I've also noticed these updates are happening on-the-fly without the box restarting.

These types of updates on on the sever side, so if you refreshed the resolution it would refresh the page....

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 217 of 3,001

gotpizza wrote:

2themax wrote:

These types of updates on on the sever side, so if you refreshed the resolution it would refresh the page....

i'm no longer having to do that to sync the 3 dvrs. It appears that each time when you are in viewing mode and press xFinity button the system is refreshing.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 218 of 3,001

Rustyben wrote:

gotpizza wrote:

2themax wrote:

i'm no longer having to do that to sync the 3 dvrs. It appears that each time when you are in viewing mode and press xFinity button the system is refreshing.

Maybe that is for the battery level and/or signal level?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 219 of 3,001

Rustyben wrote:

gotpizza wrote:

2themax wrote:

So rusty you are saying that the saved list/just you is showing up now in real time without a refresh? To be honest out of all of the things that bugged me the most was not seeing things on other DVRs...You should test this with single recordings and series recordings to see if they both work in real time!!! 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 220 of 3,001

Rusty what about the free movie shortcut is the list showing up evertime when entering the free section?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 221 of 3,001

gotpizza wrote:

So rusty you are saying that the saved list/just you is showing up now in real time without a refresh? To be honest out of all of the things that bugged me the most was not seeing things on other DVRs...You should test this with single recordings and series recordings to see if they both work in real time!!! 

wife set a recording to test in the living room. The one i'm watching did not show the recording red light. When I hit the xFinity button the red light came on when the 'menu' came up. navigating to saved, it showed in progress. This might not be what you are asking. let me know if I misunderstood.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 222 of 3,001

gotpizza wrote:

Rusty what about the free movie shortcut is the list showing up evertime when entering the free section?

ok you got me there. I watch most movies from netflix. I found a 'top free movies' under ondemand>movies. is that what you mean? just has lots of posters first is 21 jump street.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 223 of 3,001

I still have an issue with the box other than the main DVR.  If I hit XFinity and try to scroll through the OnDemand I just get empty Icons.  I have to restart the box in order to have the picture fill out the boxes so I can see what I am looking for.  Getting tired of waiting for the long restart just to pick out a show.  The Main X1DVR seems fine, responds quicker and the Icons are always filled out.  BTW I am on 1.47.18

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 224 of 3,001

SuperDave426 wrote:

I still have an issue with the box other than the main DVR.  If I hit XFinity and try to scroll through the OnDemand I just get empty Icons.  I have to restart the box in order to have the picture fill out the boxes so I can see what I am looking for.  Getting tired of waiting for the long restart just to pick out a show.  The Main X1DVR seems fine, responds quicker and the Icons are always filled out.  BTW I am on 1.47.18

That sounds like a problem connectiong to the Comcast servers.  Have you called the X1 support line?

877-896-8678

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 225 of 3,001

SuperDave426 wrote:

SuperDave426 I just looked at your boxes and see you've had some issues with upstream RF levels on all your boxes and a downstream issue on one over the last few days.  My recommendation now is to have a tech visit setup.  Please let me know if I can help.  Thanks!

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 226 of 3,001

Rusty/Neal , The issue that I have had for three weeks now is the red free movie shortcut. When I enter that shortcut the only thing that pops up is the dividing lines, and they bounce all over the place for about 5sec then disappear. Once that happens the last button will not exit that sub menu, and you are forced to hit exit...

This shortcut is the only true way to see all free movies, and all other shortcut sub menus function!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 227 of 3,001

gotpizza wrote:

Rusty/Neal , The issue that I have had for three weeks now is the red free movie shortcut. When I enter that shortcut the only thing that pops up is the dividing lines, and they bounce all over the place for about 5sec then disappear. Once that happens the last button will not exit that sub menu, and you are forced to hit exit...

This shortcut is the only true way to see all free movies, and all other shortcut sub menus function!

Same here.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 228 of 3,001

RobertWy wrote:

gotpizza wrote:

Same here.

can you give path to see the red free movie icon you navigate to?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 229 of 3,001

Select the On Demand tab.

Scroll down to "Shortcuts".  The icons are all red.  Choose "All Free Movies by genre.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 230 of 3,001

RobertWy wrote:

Select the On Demand tab.

Scroll down to "Shortcuts".  The icons are all red.  Choose "All Free Movies by genre.

ewwe .. that is wicked acting. ty for letting me 'see' it in action.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 231 of 3,001
the day of the update my companion box lost sound had to unplug it and restart it.
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 232 of 3,001

Tried it this morning. Workin fine for RG in MSP...

gotpizza wrote:

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 233 of 3,001

ComcastNeal wrote:

SuperDave426 wrote:

SuperDave426 I just looked at your boxes and see you've had some issues with upstream RF levels on all your boxes and a downstream issue on one over the last few days.  My recommendation now is to have a tech visit setup.  Please let me know if I can help.  Thanks!

Is there any special level of tech that handles an issue like this? I could use your help in setting up a tech visit, if I call in I'll get the runaround from the CSR because they don't understand how and why I am requesting such a visit with a reference from a forum.  It took 4 visits initially to get the Pace box switched for an Arris because of the sound drop outs.  I had techs tell me there were absolutely no Arris boxes used in this region, but yet somehow I have one.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 234 of 3,001

1.47.18 11/13 updated

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 235 of 3,001

Rustyben wrote:

1.47.18 11/13 updated

Me too.  

Also STB Version 1.3.4p4s1 November 7.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 236 of 3,001
On to 1.47.19 11/18/14

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 237 of 3,001

RobertWy wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

1.47.18 11/13 updated

Me too.  

must just be for arris box? none of my paces have a new firmware.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 238 of 3,001
Nope, original Pace, both DVR and companion have it.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 239 of 3,001

Andrew,

Any other updates coming on November?

Haven't seen anything listed.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 240 of 3,001

Rustyben wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

1.47.18 11/13 updated

Me too.  

must just be for arris box? none of my paces have a new firmware.

Pace greenie.  I forced the download with an unplug/plug.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 241 of 3,001

i did a reboot from the longexit, down down down 2 screen. got 1.3.4p4s.1.PRODse still with the xre 1.47.18 11/13

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 242 of 3,001

Rustyben wrote:

i did a reboot from the longexit, down down down 2 screen. got 1.3.4p4s.1.PRODse still with the xre 1.47.18 11/13

I think 1.47.18 is the latest.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 243 of 3,001

RobertWy wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

see post 15 on this thread

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 244 of 3,001

RobertWy wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

I've got 1.47.18 with stb version 1.3.4p5s4

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 245 of 3,001

I think the STB firmware version numbers might be slighly different for Pace vs. Arris.

Comcast Neal can you confirm this???

BeowolfJones wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 246 of 3,001

RickGr4 wrote:

I think the STB firmware version numbers might be slighly different for Pace vs. Arris.

Comcast Neal can you confirm this???

BeowolfJones wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

fixed sound/audio sync? surround?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 247 of 3,001

My Arris DVRs currently indicate XRE 1.47.18, STB 1.3.4 p5s4.

Nothing I am concerned about or I have been monitoring has been fixed. I see no changes or improvements...

Funny I just rebooted one of my Arris DVRs and 1.47.19 appeared...

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 248 of 3,001

RickGr4 wrote:

Nothing I am concerned about or I have been monitoring has been fixed. I see no changes or improvements...

Golod grief!  No wonder X1 is so unstable!

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 249 of 3,001

RickGr4 wrote:

I have been watching intently, and forcing reboots, but alas, no 1.47.19 for my Arris yet....  must definitly be a regional deployment thingy....

Oh well...  patience is a virtue.... which I virtually do not have!!!

-=ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 250 of 3,001

July 2014 Updates

August 2014 Updates

September 2014 Updates

October 2014 Updates

No November Updates?

I'm up to 1.47.19 11/18/2014 and STB November 7 1.3.4p4s1.

Something must have changed.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon