online now

discussions

Upcoming X1 Updates

SOLVED
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 151 of 2,935

re slow-mo and jog shuttle frame by frame forward back suggestion

Comcast: the function of slow-mo should cycle as it does now 'from' pause so that presses of the FF / FR (FR = Fast reverse)

increase the speed in that direction. Example from pause, FF should give single frame advance per 1 second, another FF press 2 per second (rate), another FF 3 per second and finally FF 4 per second. A FF press from there should move to either pause OR 1 frame per second. Exactly the same for reverse slow-mo.

For 'pause' jog shuttle, the Channel button UP/Down should be frame by frame up/down (advance 1 frame enter pause again). Holding down the Channel UP or Channel Down should repeat the frame advance one per second.

while in slow-motion, a press of Pause/Play should cycle to 'pause' NOT play. Play should only restart from paused video by press of the Play button.

example scenario: video is playing. PAUSE. Slo-mo begin in reverse with 3 presses of FR, passed part wanted press Play/pause. Press FF for 1 frame per second to near 'event' and hit pause. use Jog/shuttle of channel up down to navigate to frame(s) desired. When Slo-mo, jog-shuttle feature use is complete user presses PLAY/Pause one time if picture is still in pause, or two times (transition to pause then play) if current view is slo-mo FF or slow-mo FR.

While in trick play there should never appear a large icon of play etc in middle of screen, no progress bar, the tiny symbol could be shown in lower left where it is with the status screen of fa1 fa2 fa3 fa4 fr1 fr2 fr3 fr4 pause. it should time out and disappear after some few seconds of still (say 4 seconds) to allow screen shot.

For extra credit while in this trick play, a press of 'RECORD' when paused should capture a screen shot (with navigation etc removed) and send that image to user's email address.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 152 of 2,935

I got the 1.47 update last night. Now the guide is all messed up. I can't  advance more than a few pages before it reverts back to where I started and when I try to move sideways to a later time it quickly reverts back to the current time.  Any suggestions?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 153 of 2,935

chuclkw wrote:

Has anyone had this problem?

It started 2 nights ago. an persisted through watching a recording.

Last night I was watching a recording of the CBS evening news and it started again.  This time i made note of the intervals.

54 seconds in, the playback stopped and the following message appeared:

Recording Playback Error

The recording you are trying to play is not available at this time.

Please try again shortly.

If problem persists, call 1-800-xfinity.

I resumed watching the recording and the same thing happened at 3 minutes. 58 seconds, 13 min.(with a message that my recording can't be found), 17 min, 22 min. and 27 min.

Good thing it was only a 30 minute show.

This is very annoying.

Thanks.

You didn't say but obviously were watching on a satellite X1 (terminal) or on a 2nd DVR. Either way, never call for X1 problems at 800-comcast. use the dedicated X1 support center number 877-896-8678. They will login to your devices and review the MoCA signal levels and verify any internet modem is not causing MoCA issues. If this should happen again, go to the DVR (with new super DVR function, might have to check more than one) you think has the actual recording and try to play it there. If you find it plays from 'one' DVR and not from another "whole home' unit, comcast can fix that easily.

I might mention that for me as an example, with 5 outlets and internet, the 'home' wiring insurance plan is a godsend. no worry of unexpected repair bills even if dog/cat/rat/mouse chews on the ouside home cable line. I think the charge here is about $4/month.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 154 of 2,935

Any ETA on hearing about November upcoming updates since we're almost there?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 155 of 2,935

Rustyben wrote:

chuclkw wrote:

Has anyone had this problem?

It started 2 nights ago. an persisted through watching a recording.

Last night I was watching a recording of the CBS evening news and it started again.  This time i made note of the intervals.

54 seconds in, the playback stopped and the following message appeared:

Recording Playback Error

The recording you are trying to play is not available at this time.

Please try again shortly.

If problem persists, call 1-800-xfinity.

I resumed watching the recording and the same thing happened at 3 minutes. 58 seconds, 13 min.(with a message that my recording can't be found), 17 min, 22 min. and 27 min.

Good thing it was only a 30 minute show.

This is very annoying.

Thanks.

You didn't say but obviously were watching on a satellite X1 (terminal) or on a 2nd DVR. Either way, never call for X1 problems at 800-comcast. use the dedicated X1 support center number 877-896-8678. They will login to your devices and review the MoCA signal levels and verify any internet modem is not causing MoCA issues. If this should happen again, go to the DVR (with new super DVR function, might have to check more than one) you think has the actual recording and try to play it there. If you find it plays from 'one' DVR and not from another "whole home' unit, comcast can fix that easily.

I might mention that for me as an example, with 5 outlets and internet, the 'home' wiring insurance plan is a godsend. no worry of unexpected repair bills even if dog/cat/rat/mouse chews on the ouside home cable line. I think the charge here is about $4/month.

Thanks, but I have 4 full DVRs.  We want the ability to pause and rewind from any location.

I don'd call 800-Comcast.  I call directly to the techs with whom I want to speak.

I have a MoCA filter but it is supposedly to reduce interference on my 2.4Ghz wireless Internet. My 5Ghz is wonderful delivering download speeds over 125Megs.

There is now a trouble ticket being escalated.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 156 of 2,935
Does anyone else besides texascavediver and myself have the issue of the guide reverting back to it's original position? This is beyond annoying. The most recent update screwed up the guide. Did the usual reboot. Signals are as good now as before the update. Any ideas out there?
Fred
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 157 of 2,935

fpirelli wrote:
Does anyone else besides texascavediver and myself have the issue of the guide reverting back to it's original position? This is beyond annoying. The most recent update screwed up the guide. Did the usual reboot. Signals are as good now as before the update. Any ideas out there?
Fred

What do you mean by reverting back to it's original position?

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 158 of 2,935

fpirelli wrote:
Fred

Yes Fred...please explain what you mean

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 159 of 2,935
Using the guide if you are at say channel 740 for instance and you use the page down to say 780 it will stay in 780 for 2 seconds then go right back to channel 740. Does not even give you time to view the description.

Fred
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 160 of 2,935

fpirelli wrote:
Using the guide if you are at say channel 740 for instance and you use the page down to say 780 it will stay in 780 for 2 seconds then go right back to channel 740. Does not even give you time to view the description.

Fred

I just checked and I do not have that issue here with 147.04b 10/30/14 Build which I just got over night.

This is with my Pace box with the green ring.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 161 of 2,935

It happens to me when I access the guide from the Menu button. It doesn't happen when I access the guide from the Guide button. I usually use the Menu button to access all options rather than using the Guide button. The problem is quite annoying and makes the Guide useless.

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 162 of 2,935

fpirelli wrote:

Fred

Had the same problem yesterday - powercycled the box and all is back to normal.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 163 of 2,935

To anyone having the "guide on crack" issue. You will need a tier two ticket on this. The problem exist all the way back to February, I myself have had the issue at different times along the way. It is Friday so I am not sure if she is working, but you could try sending a p.m. to comcast linda on this matter.

Good luck with the crack guide!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 164 of 2,935

gotpizza wrote:

To anyone having the "guide on crack" issue. You will need a tier two ticket on this. The problem exist all the way back to February, I myself have had the issue at different times along the way. It is Friday so I am not sure if she is working, but you could try sending a p.m. to comcast linda on this matter.

Good luck with the crack guide!

ComcastChad suggested a fix yesterday in another thread. The fix was only temporary. The guide issues came back this morning as well as the audio mode reverted back to stereo. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 165 of 2,935
I just received Guide version 1.47.04B date 10/30/2014 on my X11 DVD and two satellite boxes.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 166 of 2,935
I meant X1 DVR
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 167 of 2,935

Worst decision ever to upgrade my services to X1. It's been only one week with it and I regret it. It's slow, it lags, the audio isn't in sync with the video. TERRIBLE!I

I paid for the Techs to come out  to install poor quality equipment?! Give me a break... 

I wonder if I can downgrade back to my other equipments... far better than this poor "X1 Platform"

Posted by
New Poster

Message 168 of 2,935
I'm sorry you're not enjoying your experience. I've had X1 installed for a few weeks now and am pleased for the upgrade so far.

I know Comcast offer a 30 day guarantee if you're not satisfied.

The choice is yours my friend. I would personally get a tech to check your signals, because it's pretty cool.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 169 of 2,935

The updates are coded by a third grade intro to computers class or their equivalent.  Seems like every day you introduce a new malfunction. I wonder whether you're gloating about that or just oblivious. 

Fix the  incredibly sorry mess you have now before letting incompetent coders mess with it!

36 years with Comcast, maybe a  dozen minor issues.  Suckered into switching  to this junk, now I have that many every day. 

I truly don't know what's going to happend when I press a button on the remote.

I would be horribly embarrassed if I were involved in making xfinity.  You  should be.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 170 of 2,935

We have one of those first revision Pace XG1-P DVR boxes with a green ring and we have a second revision* Arris/Motorola XG1-A box (because it comes with no white light besides the power button & light combo) and while we are loving it, we are quite afraid that the XG1-P with the green light is going to quit receiving XRE Server updates because the Arris/Motorola box is right now more up-to-date. The Pace box has been very patient with all the restarts that come with the software Comcast is working on and we would hate to then lose it because it's no longer modern enough.

Please tell me the XG1-P isn't going anywhere and that the update differential is due to a quirk. This is as of November 6th when the Arris/Motorola box has recieved an update on December 3rd while the Pace box has been languishing with an update from back on October 30th. I can understand if there's an update on the way but I might cry if we had to give up the Pace box due to it being too OLD, as it is our friend ;-)

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 171 of 2,935

They are still building the pace xg1 box. it is not going anywhere. They are both made with the same basic specs. The arris is not a next generation box. The only reason that the arris was launched was because pace were building so many at first that some were not passing qc testing, so the decision was made to have more than one vendor. There are also samsung boxes out there as well!

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 172 of 2,935

I noticed this morning I am now on 1.47.04c dated 11/03/14.  After last evenings debacle things seem to be working normal this morning.   

I tend to be an easy going chap, but I can tell you all of  these issues over the past few weeks are really starting to wear thin.  

Prolly never know what Comcast has been up to over the last few weeks to cause all of this information bottleneck or bandwidth issues.  

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 173 of 2,935

TiredRetired wrote:

I noticed this morning I am now on 1.47.04c dated 11/03/14.  After last evenings debacle things seem to be working normal this morning.   

I tend to be an easy going chap, but I can tell you all of  these issues over the past few weeks are really starting to wear thin.  

Prolly never know what Comcast has been up to over the last few weeks to cause all of this information bottleneck or bandwidth issues.  

My DVR and all 3 STBS reverted back to 1.47.04b yesterday when I got home.....  Maybe there was an issue within the 1.47.04c that was bad and will be rolled out again in the near future...

-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 174 of 2,935

geek46 wrote:

TiredRetired wrote:

My DVR and all 3 STBS reverted back to 1.47.04b yesterday when I got home.....  Maybe there was an issue within the 1.47.04c that was bad and will be rolled out again in the near future...

-=Ray=-

all 3 of my x1 DVRs (1 greenie, 2 blue all pace) back on C this morning. having issues in playing hour 3 trickplay of 3 hour recording this morning (keeps leaving the recording and loss of play point, reverts to beginning)

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 175 of 2,935

These updates take forever. Everything that Roberts talked about was discussed in 2013 and we are now approaching 2015. Maybe sometime in 2017 or 2018 the X1 willl work like it was advertised at the NCTA show in 2013.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 176 of 2,935

rasjr31 wrote:

These updates take forever. Everything that Roberts talked about was discussed in 2013 and we are now approaching 2015. Maybe sometime in 2017 or 2018 the X1 willl work like it was advertised at the NCTA show in 2013.

I am confused by these kind of complaints. I am having zero issues but then again I am still in my first few months on X1. maybe if you tell us exactly what is wrong, someone might be able to help you? your complaint seems really general.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 177 of 2,935

brandonbob2376 wrote:

rasjr31 wrote:

I am confused by these kind of complaints. I am having zero issues but then again I am still in my first few months on X1. maybe if you tell us exactly what is wrong, someone might be able to help you? your complaint seems really general.

I think that the other person is talking about features promised the beginning of x1 that never came...........

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 178 of 2,935

gotpizza wrote:

brandonbob2376 wrote:

rasjr31 wrote:

I think that the other person is talking about features promised the beginning of x1 that never came...........

like what and who is roberts?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 179 of 2,935

He is the ceo of comcast....whether or not you and I agree that some of the features that the OP is wanting is important does not matter.....People will always come here to voice their thoughts and rants!!  That is their God given right!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 180 of 2,935

gotpizza wrote:

He is the ceo of comcast....whether or not you and I agree that some of the features that the OP is wanting is important does not matter.....People will always come here to voice their thoughts and rants!!  That is their God given right!

Smacks myself on CEO name. lol sorry I did not realize that. I agree on the right but I just thought if they would tell us exactly whats wrong it might be able to be fixed. just my 2 cents

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 181 of 2,935

brandonbob2376 wrote:

gotpizza wrote:

Smacks myself on CEO name. lol sorry I did not realize that. I agree on the right but I just thought if they would tell us exactly whats wrong it might be able to be fixed. just my 2 cents

Agreed it would be nice, but we have all been there in that state of mind....One time I threaten to call the cops when a comcast tech refused to fix my cable.....After I spoke to the supervisor and showed him my videos of the x1 issues that tech lost his job...

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 182 of 2,935

It's not broke or at least not now, like it was last night. It was advertised on the NCTA 2013 with all these bells and whisles but it is lacking the majority of what they showed everyone. Search Brian Roberts NCTA 2013 show and watch the video. What's missing is posted all over these forums.

Comcast, a global media and technology company, today unveiled the next generation of its cloud-enabled X1 Platform from Xfinity to further transform the TV into an interactive and integrated entertainment experience.  This new platform release, known as X2, will be available to customers later this year.  The technology was previewed today by Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts at NCTA’s The Cable Show 2013 in Washington, D.C.  The company also showcased enhancements available today on its X1 Platform, including the addition of Web-based content.

The next generation of the X1 Platform will be even smarter and faster, providing more personalized recommendations on multiple screens, for a customized TV product that consumers can access on a TV, smartphone, tablet or PC.  It is designed to integrate live and On Demand TV, web content, home control and a growing number of apps in one user interface.  The cloud-based technology that powers this experience enables Comcast to accelerate innovation and launch new apps and services on the X1 Platform more easily, resulting in a richer, more dynamic and personalized experience for customers.

• New Customizable Dashboard: Customers will be able to easily launch a new personalized home screen on TV and across mobile devices that will offer a single view into the information they care about.  The display will feature a collection of tiles that a customer can customize as they see fit, including all of their favorite apps on one screen.  It can be personalized to include information from within the TV experience, such as recently recorded DVR content; from a favorite app, such as traffic alerts weather forecasts, or news headlines; or from a customer’s other Xfinity services, such as calendar appointments, voicemails from Xfinity Voice, as well as their home thermostat and security status from Xfinity Home.

• Spanish Guide & Navigation: This new in-language guide and menu labels will provide greater convenience for Spanish-speaking customers navigating the platform and its entertainment choices.
    • Live Last 9: In the past, when X1 customers tap "Last" on their remote controls, they see static tiles of the last nine things they viewed.  Now, when customers hover over one of their last nine selections, that tile will be "live," essentially creating a picture-in-picture that lets the viewer see what’s happening on one of their previously viewed channels.
    • Talking Guide: TV viewers who are blind or visually impaired often lack context or direction to find a program to watch. This will begin to change later this year when Comcast launches "Voice Guidance," the nation’s first voice-guided TV interface.
    • Personal, Prioritized Guide: This guide setting will allow customers to select their favorite networks that will appear first whenever the guide is launched.
    • Kids Guide: Common Sense Media ratings will now be applied to live TV listings in addition to On Demand content.
      • Family Point App: App will enable families at home to see the most recent location of their family members, who have chosen to be connected through their smartphone, and leave sticky notes for each other that will appear when the TV is turned on.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 183 of 2,935

rasjr31 wrote:

It's not broke or at least not now, like it was last night. It was advertised on the NCTA 2013 with all these bells and whisles but it is lacking the majority of what they showed everyone. Search Brian Roberts NCTA 2013 show and watch the video. What's missing is posted all over these forums.

Comcast, a global media and technology company, today unveiled the next generation of its cloud-enabled X1 Platform from Xfinity to further transform the TV into an interactive and integrated entertainment experience.  This new platform release, known as X2, will be available to customers later this year.  The technology was previewed today by Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts at NCTA’s The Cable Show 2013 in Washington, D.C.  The company also showcased enhancements available today on its X1 Platform, including the addition of Web-based content.

The next generation of the X1 Platform will be even smarter and faster, providing more personalized recommendations on multiple screens, for a customized TV product that consumers can access on a TV, smartphone, tablet or PC.  It is designed to integrate live and On Demand TV, web content, home control and a growing number of apps in one user interface.  The cloud-based technology that powers this experience enables Comcast to accelerate innovation and launch new apps and services on the X1 Platform more easily, resulting in a richer, more dynamic and personalized experience for customers.

• New Customizable Dashboard: Customers will be able to easily launch a new personalized home screen on TV and across mobile devices that will offer a single view into the information they care about.  The display will feature a collection of tiles that a customer can customize as they see fit, including all of their favorite apps on one screen.  It can be personalized to include information from within the TV experience, such as recently recorded DVR content; from a favorite app, such as traffic alerts weather forecasts, or news headlines; or from a customer’s other Xfinity services, such as calendar appointments, voicemails from Xfinity Voice, as well as their home thermostat and security status from Xfinity Home.

• Spanish Guide & Navigation: This new in-language guide and menu labels will provide greater convenience for Spanish-speaking customers navigating the platform and its entertainment choices.
    • Live Last 9: In the past, when X1 customers tap "Last" on their remote controls, they see static tiles of the last nine things they viewed.  Now, when customers hover over one of their last nine selections, that tile will be "live," essentially creating a picture-in-picture that lets the viewer see what’s happening on one of their previously viewed channels.
    • Talking Guide: TV viewers who are blind or visually impaired often lack context or direction to find a program to watch. This will begin to change later this year when Comcast launches "Voice Guidance," the nation’s first voice-guided TV interface.
    • Personal, Prioritized Guide: This guide setting will allow customers to select their favorite networks that will appear first whenever the guide is launched.
    • Kids Guide: Common Sense Media ratings will now be applied to live TV listings in addition to On Demand content.
      • Family Point App: App will enable families at home to see the most recent location of their family members, who have chosen to be connected through their smartphone, and leave sticky notes for each other that will appear when the TV is turned on.

I belive I have some of these features in some shape or form.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 184 of 2,935

I take that back. i dont have this:

Live Last 9: In the past, when X1 customers tap "Last" on their remote controls, they see static tiles of the last nine things they viewed.  Now, when customers hover over one of their last nine selections, that tile will be "live," essentially creating a picture-in-picture that lets the viewer see what’s happening on one of their previously viewed channels.

AND.

I have the talking features if that is referrring to the x1 app for iphone. alot of those enhancements relate to x2, which is only avialble in select markets right now. i believe....

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 185 of 2,935

Well, obviously they were a titch optimistic on their ability to roll out all these enhancements.  Those of us that have been around here for a while and have had X1 for some time can remember all the problems associated with the intitial rollout.  I am sure Mr. Roberts was not expecting that and it sure must have devoured many resources within Comcast.  

I have had Comcast for many years and I do not ever remember a time when I did not have to wait "forever" for the promised upgrade or enhancement.  Back when I had the legacy box I waited over two years just to get the S26 update that fixed problems with S25.  Two years!! 

Cheers.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 186 of 2,935
Live Last 9: In the past, when X1 customers tap "Last" on their remote controls, they see static tiles of the last nine things they viewed. Now, when customers hover over one of their last nine selections, that tile will be "live," essentially creating a picture-in-picture that lets the viewer see what’s happening on one of their previously viewed channels.

Don't worry, nobody else does, it hasn't been added yet.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 187 of 2,935

Another feature not added yet which was also shown at the Cable Show was the Sports feature where for example on the big guide lets say there is a baseball game on MLB Network you would see something like this "Phillies 8  Cubs 3"  when that channel is in view on the guide. So you actually get sports scores of the current game on that channel in the big guide.

That and the live tiles is what I am reallly looking forward to.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 188 of 2,935
Honestly I would settle for the feature where when I go to watch tv, my x1 box actually worked. As in it was actually physically possible to watch a tv show on it. It has only worked 4 days out of the last 7.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 189 of 2,935

Have we figured out what 1.47.04.e is yet? It just downloaded to my DVRs about 5 minutes ago. Nothing new is jumping out at me so I'm guessing it was just a bug/maintenence release.

Edit1:  5 minutes on this version and it appears I just crashed. Screen went black and the sound cut out. Doing a reset now.

Edit 2: Reset completed and picture/sound is back.

Note: I was browings through all of the menus when it crashed. I am unable to reproduce the crash repeating the same steps that lead up to it. Everything appears to be working fine now.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 190 of 2,935

Not seeing live tiles yet and I have version "e".  

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 191 of 2,935

Any word on the November updates yet?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 192 of 2,935

If you select the tools Icon after pressing the Xfinity buttton battery level is listed in the "About" Listing along with your current software version.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 193 of 2,935

got new version Stb still same xre protocol same. No change in menus that i can see nor options. Can't access DVR after watching The Middle. so now it won't show nor play recordings.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 194 of 2,935

Rustyben wrote:

got new version Stb still same xre protocol same. No change in menus that i can see nor options. Can't access DVR after watching The Middle. so now it won't show nor play recordings.

Got this version on the companion box this morning. All seems well, I don't see anything new. DVR still has previous version. 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 195 of 2,935

Not sure if it just happened with this version but suddenly there is a guide 'change'?

the guide needs to have other than "today" as a daily label attached to the date when you hit the fast forward button. For example a FF from guide displaying text "Today 11/13" will change date to "11/14" but not say "Fri 11/14". Maybe comcast is running out of "pixel ink" (grin).

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 196 of 2,935

I sure wish they would tell us what changed.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 197 of 2,935

Has any else noticed that the DVR gauge on the Aris DVR's has gone away?

Why take away something so useful? Especially when you know when hitting the 60% mark that it's time to delete shows.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 198 of 2,935

The DVR bar gauge is now black while watching shows on my Pace DVR  and very hard to read!!!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 199 of 2,935

First Thank you for teaching me a new feature of the guide in "Grid" view . As much as I have used this system that's a new one on me. My Guide actally says 11/14 and a few spaces over on the same line says Fri 1:30 so I don't know why yours doesn't. I wish the FF trick would work in the single channel view (accessed with the right arrow) also if the single channel  doesn't work pulling up the guide grid view once and then exiting seems to make the right arrow pull up the vertical channel listing and another press will give the program listing for the channel highlighted.. If you want a single channel programming listing of a channel ouside the range of channels  first listed  enter the channel number from the keypad a wait a few seconds for the system to display it. Then hit the right arrow again. If this is old knowledge to you just ignore my post.

ALSO I'M GOING TO SAY IT AGAIN RESTORE FULL EDITING FUNCTIONALITY WHEN YOU REPLY TO A POST. YOU CAN'T PASTE A HELPFUL PICTURE OR ANYTHING ELSE WITHOUT STARTING A NEW THREAD. PASTE FROM WORD ? YOU DUNDERHEADS !  THE BUTTON DOESN'T WORK BECAUSE SOME BONEHEAD DEACTIVATED IT !

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 200 of 2,935

Got the latest version today.  I see no changes.   Box continues to momentarily lose connect with the server from time to time resulting in laggy performance or a black screen with the One Moment Please in the upper right.  Then back to normal again for a while.

There is no question that since around the second week of October the X1 system for me has lost a level or two of dependability.

Not sure what happened.  What scares me is that I am also not sure Comcast does either.  

Cheers.