Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,624,938

members

8

online now

1,804,372

discussions

Back to Top

Upcoming X1 Updates

SOLVED
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 101 of 2,790
6,595 Views

Check out the very first post in this thread for links to changes. There's another update coming




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 102 of 2,790
6,592 Views
Thanks, I did before I emailed you. The first page on this doesn't have any information on my most recent update which looks like it's from October 15. I am on 1.3.4 and

Xappl-xre-46p6
1.46.06 10/15/2014 15:32
2.8.0
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 103 of 2,790
6,580 Views

brandonbob2376 wrote:
Thanks for getting back to me. That was helpful. I guess I am used to when my computer, iPad or iPhone updates, there is always a change log that lists all the update details. You know what I mean?

So, my question is more general. How am I supposed to know what was changed when updates occur if there is no change log? Most equipment now days says "what's new" after every update.

The update for the updates is coming soon. It will at some point give you a break down of things added or changed when you enter a screen that has been changed. In fact there was a update that I received today that gave info related to the change.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 104 of 2,790
6,575 Views
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 105 of 2,790
6,548 Views

brandonbob2376 wrote:
Thanks

once they announce a change is coming it may be up to a month before it is made available to your area to update the X1. The X1 reboots every early morning to get any updates available. The normal is a new version gets installed, next reboot back on old version, next day reboot back to new version.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 106 of 2,790
6,543 Views

thanks for that info and thank you everyone for your input. I really love the X1 and I am so happy i made the change except the lack of "whats new" after an update. it sounds like they are working on making this viewable in the future.

 

 now if they would make cloud support available in my area I would have no complaints

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 107 of 2,790
6,472 Views
This morning I received Guide release 1.46.06 date 10/15/2014 on my X1 DVR and two satellite boxes. The only change that I have noticed is that the time is now displayed correctly for your local time zone when the down arrow is pressed. In 1.46.05 the time shown was always on Eastern time.
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 108 of 2,790
6,467 Views

ComcastAndrew wrote:

Check out the very first post in this thread for links to changes. There's another update coming


Andrew..that first post shows that it was updated 10/18/14 but still does not show any October updates and we have had two of them so far and don't know what changes were made. Can you help?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 109 of 2,790
6,452 Views

I've noticed that with 1.46.06 the screen flashes black when opening/closing the Sports app. Is this going to be fixed?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 110 of 2,790
6,448 Views
ComcastAndrew wrote:
Check out the very first post in this thread for links to changes. There's another update coming
Andrew..that first post shows that it was updated 10/18/14 but still does not show any October updates and we have had two of them so far and don't know what changes were made. Can you help?
__________________

Terri, actually ComcastChad did a breakdown of the latest update in post #14 in this thread.



Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 111 of 2,790
6,442 Views

ComcastAndrew wrote:
ComcastAndrew wrote:
Check out the very first post in this thread for links to changes. There's another update coming
Andrew..that first post shows that it was updated 10/18/14 but still does not show any October updates and we have had two of them so far and don't know what changes were made. Can you help?
__________________

Terri, actually ComcastChad did a breakdown of the latest update in post #14 in this thread.

Thanks but where to find notes on updates is getting really confusing. You nicely pointed us to post #1 from Gwen for links to changes. Oct is not there so you sent me to post #14 by Chad but I never would have found it as one that described changes. I know its difficult but is there a way to just have one place for update notes. I think post #1 is the place to do that but it stopped with Sept. but has the  edited time stamp below but did not add anything for Oct?? There have actually been two Oct version changes so far so its hard to keep track.

 

 

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 112 of 2,790
6,407 Views

TerriB wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:
ComcastAndrew wrote:
Check out the very first post in this thread for links to changes. There's another update coming
Andrew..that first post shows that it was updated 10/18/14 but still does not show any October updates and we have had two of them so far and don't know what changes were made. Can you help?
__________________

Terri, actually ComcastChad did a breakdown of the latest update in post #14 in this thread.

Thanks but where to find notes on updates is getting really confusing. You nicely pointed us to post #1 from Gwen for links to changes. Oct is not there so you sent me to post #14 by Chad but I never would have found it as one that described changes. I know its difficult but is there a way to just have one place for update notes. I think post #1 is the place to do that but it stopped with Sept. but has the  edited time stamp below but did not add anything for Oct?? There have actually been two Oct version changes so far so its hard to keep track.

 

 


Is it possible to have a topic that would have only the updates? It could not be replied to by users of the forum. Once a month someone from Comcast would add information for the new update. It would always be at the top of the list of topics. If we wanted to discuss any of the new changes we could open a new topic to discuss them. Seems the best approach to me to keep us all informed of updates and to make the easy to find.  

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 113 of 2,790
6,339 Views

m45warrior1 wrote:

TerriB wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:
ComcastAndrew wrote:
Check out the very first post in this thread for links to changes. There's another update coming
Andrew..that first post shows that it was updated 10/18/14 but still does not show any October updates and we have had two of them so far and don't know what changes were made. Can you help?
__________________

Terri, actually ComcastChad did a breakdown of the latest update in post #14 in this thread.

Thanks but where to find notes on updates is getting really confusing. You nicely pointed us to post #1 from Gwen for links to changes. Oct is not there so you sent me to post #14 by Chad but I never would have found it as one that described changes. I know its difficult but is there a way to just have one place for update notes. I think post #1 is the place to do that but it stopped with Sept. but has the  edited time stamp below but did not add anything for Oct?? There have actually been two Oct version changes so far so its hard to keep track.

 

 


Is it possible to have a topic that would have only the updates? It could not be replied to by users of the forum. Once a month someone from Comcast would add information for the new update. It would always be at the top of the list of topics. If we wanted to discuss any of the new changes we could open a new topic to discuss them. Seems the best approach to me to keep us all informed of updates and to make the easy to find.  


Hi m45warrior1 and TerriB,

 

Thank you for the thoughtful suggestion! This thread is the thread where offical release information/updates will be posted. The offical updates for October have not yet been posted, which is why you guys cannot find them here. We apologize for the delay. I will be posting them by week's end and I'll be sure to highlight the post in a way that makes it standout to everyone.

 

In order to keep in touch with you guys' feedback, we would like for you to post your feedback here as well.

 

Thank you. Please stay tuned.

 

Gwen

 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 114 of 2,790
6,294 Views

Gwen what you are saying is that this is a place to give feed back on updates that we have received but, we have bugs or issues with?

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 115 of 2,790
6,194 Views


 

 

 


 


Hi m45warrior1 and TerriB,

 

Thank you for the thoughtful suggestion! This thread is the thread where offical release information/updates will be posted. The offical updates for October have not yet been posted, which is why you guys cannot find them here. We apologize for the delay. I will be posting them by week's end and I'll be sure to highlight the post in a way that makes it standout to everyone.

 

In order to keep in touch with you guys' feedback, we would like for you to post your feedback here as well.

 

Thank you. Please stay tuned.

 

Gwen

 


Thanks Gwen...looking forward to the newest list. I see we got forward Slo Mo back ahead of the 1.47 release  date...glad to have it back but need reverse and frame by frame back as well.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 116 of 2,790
6,167 Views

Well, spoke with Comcast this morning.  My box freezing issue is being elevated to Tier 2.  I do not believe this problem is a direct result of this latest update even though it started at the same time I got it.   The Comcast rep claims he checked my signal levels to my tuners and all seemed good.  

 

Could it be the modem in my box is failing, thus causing a loss of connection with the server as Gotpizza has suggested?  Of course, this would necessitate a new box, this getting the Arris I would like to have.  LOL.  

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 117 of 2,790
6,049 Views
I have something wierd that happened last night. NONE of my Thursday night programs recorded. I just checkered and they did air and are set to record when the next new episode airs. Thdy all recorded fine last week. Wednesday night programs all recorded. Why would this happen? Some examples of programs that failed to record last night are parenthood, greys anatomy and how to get away with murder. Very frustrating! Anyone have any ideas?
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 118 of 2,790
6,047 Views

brandonbob2376 wrote:
I have somethingwierd that happened last night. NONE of my Thursday night programs recorded. I just checkered and they did air and are set to record when the next new episode airs.Thdy all recorded fine last week. Wednesday night programs all recorded. Why would this happen? Some examples of programs that failed to record last night are parenthood, greys anatomy and how to get away with murder. Very frustrating! Anyone have any ideas?

There are many reasons for this. I would start by manually counting how many hours of content you have recorded.

 

If you are close to 60 hours of HD content, and also have many future series timers setup strange things can happen. There really is no perfect science to the way it will decide what not to record, but I think the priority list may be involved. Also keep your deleted file empty,

 

Another reason for this happen is the cable going out during the time that they should have recorded.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 119 of 2,790
6,047 Views
My dvr is nearly empty so it can't be that. The only thing I can think of is cable went out. The older boxes had a dvr manager where I could check each program and it would have an explanation for failed recordings. Does this exist on the X1?
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 120 of 2,790
6,042 Views

Yes Bob , but you don't have access to said log. You have not swapped your DVR recently have you?

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 121 of 2,790
6,040 Views

brandonbob2376 wrote:
I have something wierd that happened last night. NONE of my Thursday night programs recorded. I just checkered and they did air and are set to record when the next new episode airs. Thdy all recorded fine last week. Wednesday night programs all recorded. Why would this happen? Some examples of programs that failed to record last night are parenthood, greys anatomy and how to get away with murder. Very frustrating! Anyone have any ideas?

Did you check the on-line DVR manager? If they show up there they reboot the box and they should show up. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 122 of 2,790
6,037 Views
Thanks for getttback to me. Please call me brandon because my last name is bob lol. No, I have not and this is the first failed recordings since I got X1 I think the fact that absolutely nothing recorded is good news because it could mean outage. I would be much re concerned if only a couple programs recorded.

On a side note. Pizza? Where is the qoute button on this discussion board to qoute previous posts. I looked everywhere and don't see it.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 123 of 2,790
6,028 Views
M45? I did that and yes they showed up online dvr manager. Rebooted box and shockingly they are there. Does this happen often?
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 124 of 2,790
6,027 Views

You can only quote the current thing you are replying to. (unlike Dsl reports) Most people copy and paste. look at the top right corner when you are typing..

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 125 of 2,790
6,025 Views
Ok thanks
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 126 of 2,790
6,024 Views

M45 I have heard you mention this before , but I have only seen this on the companion box. Thanks for filling my brain with more knowledge.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 127 of 2,790
6,007 Views

m45warrior1 wrote:

brandonbob2376 wrote:
I have something wierd that happened last night. NONE of my Thursday night programs recorded. I just checkered and they did air and are set to record when the next new episode airs. Thdy all recorded fine last week. Wednesday night programs all recorded. Why would this happen? Some examples of programs that failed to record last night are parenthood, greys anatomy and how to get away with murder. Very frustrating! Anyone have any ideas?

Did you check the on-line DVR manager? If they show up there they reboot the box and they should show up. 


Not to often. I've had X1 since March and it has happened to me three times. 

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 128 of 2,790
6,005 Views

gotpizza wrote:

M45 I have heard you mention this before , but I have only seen this on the companion box. Thanks for filling my brain with more knowledge.


Glad I could help!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 129 of 2,790
6,003 Views
Thanks m5. At least now I know the reboot fix if it ever happens again
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 130 of 2,790
5,710 Views

Any idea if the upcoming updates will include extended recording options in the series settings outside 1/3/5min intervals? Similarly, in the individual episode recording option any chance to extend the interval to 15min instead 30min?

It's said that these are the only options in the series recording. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thank you!

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 131 of 2,790
5,705 Views

Using the online DVR Manager you can add up to two hours...


x1tc wrote:

Any idea if the upcoming updates will include extended recording options in the series settings outside 1/3/5min intervals? Similarly, in the individual episode recording option any chance to extend the interval to 15min instead 30min?

It's said that these are the only options in the series recording. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thank you!


 

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 132 of 2,790
5,674 Views

E


RickGr4 wrote:

Using the online DVR Manager you can add up to two hours...


x1tc wrote:

Any idea if the upcoming updates will include extended recording options in the series settings outside 1/3/5min intervals? Similarly, in the individual episode recording option any chance to extend the interval to 15min instead 30min?

It's said that these are the only options in the series recording. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thank you!


 


RickGr4,
Even on the series settings?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 133 of 2,790
5,666 Views

x1tc wrote:

E


RickGr4 wrote:

Using the online DVR Manager you can add up to two hours...


x1tc wrote:

Any idea if the upcoming updates will include extended recording options in the series settings outside 1/3/5min intervals? Similarly, in the individual episode recording option any chance to extend the interval to 15min instead 30min?

It's said that these are the only options in the series recording. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thank you!


 


RickGr4,
Even on the series settings?


yes. I prefer to use the smart phone app Xfinity TV Remote.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 134 of 2,790
5,633 Views

I saw the online DVR manager, I was referencing ad hoc requests via remote or xfinity app. When you directly set a dvr from a channel listing, it only gives you an option to extend the recording by 1/3/5 minutes (i.e. if you want to set a live sports recording the preset is not realistic, as every single sporting event runs over the scheduled time).

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 135 of 2,790
5,626 Views

Here is a link to a blog post on Comcast Voices that highlights some of the key October updates: 

 

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/x1-update-1

 

Updates will be posted on this blog monthly and I'll be posting a link in the Forum.

 

Thanks!

 

 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 136 of 2,790
5,600 Views

ComcastGwen wrote:

Here is a link to a blog post on Comcast Voices that highlights some of the key October updates: 

 

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/x1-update-1

 

Updates will be posted on this blog monthly and I'll be posting a link in the Forum.

 

Thanks!

 

 


That is a good resource. WHere on the forum will you be posting the link? I would suggest bumping it up and making it a permanent #1 post on this thread.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 137 of 2,790
5,593 Views

Hi Terri, I'll be doing just that!

 

I'll post it normally and then add the link to the top post with the other links. Thanks!




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 138 of 2,790
5,560 Views

ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi Terri, I'll be doing just that!

 

I'll post it normally and then add the link to the top post with the other links. Thanks!


Great ...thanks so much

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 139 of 2,790
5,471 Views

ComcastChad posted this in another thread:

 


Robert, below are major enhancements with 1.47   

 

  • Updated Voice Control Display
  • X1 DVR with Cloud Technology XFINITY TV app Promotion: After scheduling a new recording, X1 DVR with Cloud Technology customers will be reminded that they can download and view recordings using the XFINITY TV app .
  • Next Episode Suggestion: Customers will be prompted to view the next episode of a series once playback is complete, or after pressing Exit when more than 85% of an XFINITY On Demand program is complete. If the next episode has not yet aired, they will be given the option to schedule a recording.
    • Note: This feature was previously located in the Comcast Labs beta menu, but can now be found under Settings > Preferences
  • Offline Recordings: Removed from For You menu, Entity Pages, Recordingpage, Recordings List and Last Nine
  • Year Added to TV Series in Search   
  • Cast and Crew Improvements
    • Cast and crew information on Entity Pages now display actors’ role information
    • Maximum personalities in row extended to 20
  • Titles Added to Music Video Images
  • Low Battery Notification



Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 140 of 2,790
5,290 Views
I just got 1.47 on my companion and must say I immediately noticed a couple of much-needed improvements-- using the number pad to search or change channels no longer lags and ignores input, and the sports app is much faster to scroll horizontally. Kudos!
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 141 of 2,790
5,217 Views

scjohnson312 wrote:
I just got 1.47 on my companion and must say I immediately noticed a couple of much-needed improvements-- using the number pad to search or change channels no longer lags and ignores input, and the sports app is much faster to scroll horizontally. Kudos!

I am a tad confused. I read the list of updates/changes for 1.47 and don't see what you describe. However we have never had  lag time changing channels or searching with number pad. I do wish we didn't have to do the extra 'confirm' step with 'ok' to change the channel. Once I choose the channel it should go there right away. Why make the extra step? I believe there was a change  to allow direct channel changing from number pad   before X1?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 142 of 2,790
5,218 Views

Hi All --

 

Just to make sure that everyone is aware: Slow Motion came back with 1.46p6.

 

Thanks,

Gwen




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 143 of 2,790
5,219 Views

Where is low battery notification on 1.47? I  have had signal strength checker but not for the battery. I looked thru all the menus and don't see it. Is it possible that it comes on screen automatically when the battery is low? I have XR2 remote.

 

OR......I found the following on line...is this what you are talking about? If so it would be to know that its not an on screen function. Notification to me means on screen.

 

Check Battery Power

Note: These instructions apply to XR2 and XR5 model remotes only.

  1. Press and hold the Setup button on the remote for 3 seconds until the Status LED changes from red to green.
  2. Press 9-9-9.
  3. The LED will blink to indicate the battery level.
    • 4 green blinks indicate that the battery power is excellent.
    • 3 green blinks indicate that battery power is good.
    • 2 red blinks indicate that battery power is low.
    • 1 red blink indicates that the battery power is very low and that the batteries should be replaced.

If your LED blinks red 5 times when pressing any button, this indicates that your battery power is extremely low and the batteries should be replaced as soon as possible.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 144 of 2,790
5,211 Views

ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi All --

 

Just to make sure that everyone is aware: Slow Motion came back with 1.46p6.

 

Thanks,

Gwen


YES and its so nice to have it back! Its only for FF so far.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 145 of 2,790
5,203 Views

The Low Power Battery is in Settings-About.

 

 




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 146 of 2,790
5,195 Views

TerriB wrote:

scjohnson312 wrote:
I just got 1.47 on my companion and must say I immediately noticed a couple of much-needed improvements-- using the number pad to search or change channels no longer lags and ignores input, and the sports app is much faster to scroll horizontally. Kudos!

I am a tad confused. I read the list of updates/changes for 1.47 and don't see what you describe. However we have never had  lag time changing channels or searching with number pad. I do wish we didn't have to do the extra 'confirm' step with 'ok' to change the channel. Once I choose the channel it should go there right away. Why make the extra step? I believe there was a change  to allow direct channel changing from number pad   before X1?


Basically what my companion was doing before was, if I typed "26" at a normal speed, it would only register "2", and display the results for "2", ignoring the "6" while it loaded "2", requiring me to press "6" again. If I typed "2", waited, then "6", it was fine, but incredibly annoying. Now, I can quickly type 26, OK, and it will change the channel right away without having to wait for search results to load. I agree that having to press "OK" is extremely silly.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 147 of 2,790
5,177 Views

scjohnson312 wrote:

TerriB wrote:

scjohnson312 wrote:
I just got 1.47 on my companion and must say I immediately noticed a couple of much-needed improvements-- using the number pad to search or change channels no longer lags and ignores input, and the sports app is much faster to scroll horizontally. Kudos!

I am a tad confused. I read the list of updates/changes for 1.47 and don't see what you describe. However we have never had  lag time changing channels or searching with number pad. I do wish we didn't have to do the extra 'confirm' step with 'ok' to change the channel. Once I choose the channel it should go there right away. Why make the extra step? I believe there was a change  to allow direct channel changing from number pad   before X1?


Basically what my companion was doing before was, if I typed "26" at a normal speed, it would only register "2", and display the results for "2", ignoring the "6" while it loaded "2", requiring me to press "6" again. If I typed "2", waited, then "6", it was fine, but incredibly annoying. Now, I can quickly type 26, OK, and it will change the channel right away without having to wait for search results to load. I agree that having to press "OK" is extremely silly.


Ok I get it now. The only time I have had that happen was when I wanted to go to CH 117 and it only displayed 17 but I was sure it was me causing it by not pressing the two '1' s strong enough.

 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 148 of 2,790
5,148 Views

ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi All --

 

Just to make sure that everyone is aware: Slow Motion came back with 1.46p6.

 

Thanks,

Gwen


Yes Gwen, it's nice to have *slo-mo* back, but frankly it really isn't very useful as it is way too fast to truly isolate action.  What we really need is to have *frame-by-frame advance* back.

 

Any info on returning this much needed feature?

 

Thanks.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 149 of 2,790
5,140 Views

rjc1247 wrote:

ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi All --

 

Just to make sure that everyone is aware: Slow Motion came back with 1.46p6.

 

Thanks,

Gwen


Yes Gwen, it's nice to have *slo-mo* back, but frankly it really isn't very useful as it is way too fast to truly isolate action.  What we really need is to have *frame-by-frame advance* back.

 

Any info on returning this much needed feature?

 

Thanks.


I strongly support the need for frame by frame. Along with Slo Mo and many other features we used to have its just wrong to take away what was very useful once we went to X1 system.   I do think the Slo Mo is the same speed it was before and it helps for certain things we need to slow down to read such as movie/tv credits. No one can read as they fly by.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 150 of 2,790
5,141 Views

Has anyone had this problem?

It started 2 nights ago. an persisted through watching a recording.

 

Last night I was watching a recording of the CBS evening news and it started again.  This time i made note of the intervals.

54 seconds in, the playback stopped and the following message appeared:

 

Recording Playback Error

The recording you are trying to play is not available at this time.

Please try again shortly.

If problem persists, call 1-800-xfinity.

 

I resumed watching the recording and the same thing happened at 3 minutes. 58 seconds, 13 min.(with a message that my recording can't be found), 17 min, 22 min. and 27 min.

Good thing it was only a 30 minute show.

 

This is very annoying.

 

Thanks.