Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unable to delete downloaded file to tablet after that file has been deleted from tablet

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Unable to delete downloaded file to tablet after that file has been deleted from tablet

I downloaded a tv show to my DVR.  Then that show was downloaded to my tablet.  Somehow, that file on the tablet was deleted.  I am now unable to delete the file from the DVR with it saying the file must be returned.  However, that downloaded file no longer exists.  There seems to be now way around this.  Chat support has gone through various " by the book" steps, and one person updated the UDB saying it would be cleared out in one hour.  So far nothing.  I really would like to get this solved.  Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to delete downloaded file to tablet after that file has been deleted from tablet

That did the trick.  Thank you very much.

View answer in context
Service Expert

Re: Unable to delete downloaded file to tablet after that file has been deleted from tablet

JGaryD wrote:

I downloaded a tv show to my DVR.  Then that show was downloaded to my tablet.  Somehow, that file on the tablet was deleted.  I am now unable to delete the file from the DVR with it saying the file must be returned.  However, that downloaded file no longer exists.  There seems to be now way around this.  Chat support has gone through various " by the book" steps, and one person updated the UDB saying it would be cleared out in one hour.  So far nothing.  I really would like to get this solved.  Thanks.

run the app on your tablet. hit the menu button and then 'gear' (settings). logout. then log back in to the app. that should clear the 'checked-out' condition you describe.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

JGaryD, have you tried logging out like rustyben described?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Regular Visitor

That did the trick.  Thank you very much.

Official Employee

Thank you JGaryD for this update. If you need any further help going forward please reach out to us, we are always here to assist. Have a great day. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation