Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

USB Port on X1 System

Frequent Visitor

USB Port on X1 System

I have an X1 Infinity Model Number MA1442EF5318 from late 2016. It has a USB port on the rear panel, but it does not appear to be active. Anyone know if it is active and if so, how to access this port? It would be a convenient way to copy recorded programs.

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: USB Port on X1 System

joecast2 wrote:

I have an X1 Infinity Model Number MA1442EF5318 from late 2016. It has a USB port on the rear panel, but it does not appear to be active. Anyone know if it is active and if so, how to access this port? It would be a convenient way to copy recorded programs.

It may be active enough to hook up a phone charger but that's about it. You cannot transfer recorded programs.

All Replies
Official Employee

joecast2 wrote:

It may be active enough to hook up a phone charger but that's about it. You cannot transfer recorded programs.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the information.  

Frequent Visitor

It's pretty handy as a power port if you use an external fan to cool av components as well.

Regular Visitor

I have some media/photos on a USB drive that I want to share on my TV. I plugged usb into x1 set top box, light flashed but I see no way to share the media. Please assist. Thank you
Official Employee

It's not accessible that way. If your tv has a USB port and the ability to share media, that's the way to go
Frequent Visitor

I pay more than enough for X1. The least they can do is unlock the USB ports so we can record more. It is not illegal to expand recordings as long as you do not rebroadcast. A personal solid state drive or a normal drive cannot rebroadcast anything you download. It is blocked and that is fine. FIX IT!
Regular Visitor

Why is USB not enabled? Very frustrating.  I pay premium dollars for Comcast services and this simply change would make me a happy customer (which I am not at the moment).  I see that I am not the only person on this forum presenting this request.

Regular Contributor

Hello Everyone,

Please forgive us this limitation on our hardware. At the time of selecting the hardware and firmware for our devices it was decided best to leave the USB disabled in our firmware. I understand your frustration having such potential only to be told this is not allowed. I would ask that you submit your feedback here to make sure such a suggestion gets into the correct hands. Again I apologize for this limitation.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon