Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

UHD tv and a remote tuner

New Poster

UHD tv and a remote tuner

First off I have a single dvr with two remote boxes for another room.  I have a new uhd 4K tv. Not in the room with the dvr.   I ordered and received a new 4K dvr but I did not swap out the remote boxes because person said I only need to swap out.   So my nnew 4K tv is in the remote room and I tried to setup the display to see the on demand olympics in 4K but it does recognize the feed.  

Do I need some kind of 4K remote box?

I have a uhd hdmi port on my tv which I am using so I am using the correct hdmi port.

Am I doing something wrong with the remote box

thanks

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

Re: UHD tv and a remote tuner

Thanks. Just a little disappointing that the person on the phone lead me to believe differently. I get it in customer support your mileage may vary depending on who you get but it really made me waste quite a bit of time when I should have gone with my gut. Oh Well thanks again for the info.

All Replies
Official Employee

@th3putt wrote:

First off I have a single dvr with two remote boxes for another room.  I have a new uhd 4K tv. Not in the room with the dvr.   I ordered and received a new 4K dvr but I did not swap out the remote boxes because person said I only need to swap out.   So my nnew 4K tv is in the remote room and I tried to setup the display to see the on demand olympics in 4K but it does recognize the feed.  

Do I need some kind of 4K remote box?

I have a uhd hdmi port on my tv which I am using so I am using the correct hdmi port.

Am I doing something wrong with the remote box

thanks

The 4K content is on the 4K dvr only. It’s normally no big deal to swap locations of the 4K dvr and your secondary box.

New Poster

Thanks. Just a little disappointing that the person on the phone lead me to believe differently. I get it in customer support your mileage may vary depending on who you get but it really made me waste quite a bit of time when I should have gone with my gut. Oh Well thanks again for the info.