Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Turning off only TV using remote

New Poster

Turning off only TV using remote

Here’s an interesting question that probably has a simple solution and I’m just too dense to see it. I just upgraded to X1 and I’m still getting used to the interface. It’s important to me that both of my cable boxes are turned off (power save mode) when I’m not watching them. When I’m done watching, I can go through the steps to power off the box but if I then hit “power” on the remote to turn off the TV, it will turn off the TV but at the same time it will turn the box back on. So since I’ve had the system I’ve had to use the remote that came with the TV to turn it off after powering down the box. I shouldn’t have to be using two remotes! Yes, I realize I can set the box to turn off automatically after an hour of inactivity but I’m a shameless treehugger and I want the darn thing off as soon as I’m done using it to conserve energy. And even using the voice command requires one onscreen prompt before it will shut down so that’s no good either. Any help would be much appreciated!
Expert

Re: Turning off only TV using remote

@MikeC19 wrote:
Here’s an interesting question that probably has a simple solution and I’m just too dense to see it. I just upgraded to X1 and I’m still getting used to the interface. It’s important to me that both of my cable boxes are turned off (power save mode) when I’m not watching them. When I’m done watching, I can go through the steps to power off the box but if I then hit “power” on the remote to turn off the TV, it will turn off the TV but at the same time it will turn the box back on. So since I’ve had the system I’ve had to use the remote that came with the TV to turn it off after powering down the box. I shouldn’t have to be using two remotes! Yes, I realize I can set the box to turn off automatically after an hour of inactivity but I’m a shameless treehugger and I want the darn thing off as soon as I’m done using it to conserve energy. And even using the voice command requires one onscreen prompt before it will shut down so that’s no good either. Any help would be much appreciated!

just turn off power saver mode. because most of the circuits are still on during power save the savings if the box is left in power-save 24/7/365 is less than a $1 per year.