New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TruTv series recording

ANSWERED
New Poster

TruTv series recording

I had a show set up to record indefinitely on TruTv then all of a sudden the show stopped recording regularly after a couple weeks.

I am trying to go back in and set it up again, I get the success message that my recording is set, but the red dots don't show up and nothing records. This is true for any show on any variation of the TruTv channels. Other channels work fine for series recordings. On TruTv I am able to record episodes one at a time but it is really inconvenient to have to constantly go in and do manually.

Anyone have any ideas? I've tried resetting my box already.
Accepted Solution

Re: TruTv series recording

Same thing happens every couple weeks on mine as well. It seems to remember what it's recorded before. If you delete the series recording like Andrew mentioned and then set it back up as a series recording it should record them all again until the process repeats.

View answer in context
Official Employee

Esallen wrote:
I had a show set up to record indefinitely on TruTv then all of a sudden the show stopped recording regularly after a couple weeks.

I am trying to go back in and set it up again, I get the success message that my recording is set, but the red dots don't show up and nothing records. This is true for any show on any variation of the TruTv channels. Other channels work fine for series recordings. On TruTv I am able to record episodes one at a time but it is really inconvenient to have to constantly go in and do manually.

Anyone have any ideas? I've tried resetting my box already.

What's the show? Is it possible it isn't showing up because of March Madness basketball airing on TRU TV?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Impractical jokers. No that isn't possible - the show is still on plenty.
Official Employee

Esallen wrote:
Impractical jokers. No that isn't possible - the show is still on plenty.

That's a show that I have a series recording myself, so I know it works. Try deleting the series recording and access it through the guide and set up the new series recording from there. It wasn't on tonight because of basketball. The next new episode is 3/23

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I'm trying to set it to record all episodes, not just new episodes. I have seen a lot of the episodes before. Is it trying to be smart and not record ones I've seen? I'm trying to get it to record all episodes.
Frequent Visitor

Same thing happens every couple weeks on mine as well. It seems to remember what it's recorded before. If you delete the series recording like Andrew mentioned and then set it back up as a series recording it should record them all again until the process repeats.

New Poster

That worked!
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation