New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Thumbnails on menu not showing up

ANSWERED
Contributor

Thumbnails on menu not showing up

The last few weeks I've noticed that random thumbnails on the OnDemand menu aren't showing up. Maybe one or two per screen. The text will show, but the box is jsut gray (no picture) If you exit out and go back in, sometimes they will appear.  Also in the guide, sometimes the logo will be wrong for the channels. Exit out and go back in and they are fixed. 

I've restarted, refreshed, power cycled the box. Nothing helps. A tech came out and tested everything and the signal is strong, everything is in order. He offered to swap the box but since it's not a huge issue I decided to hold off on that (I'm afraid to lose my DVR'd stuff)

Is anyone else having this issue?

Here's an example (Yes I watched Killer Klowns From Outer Space....don't judge me )DPmmgPDUQAIi1xH.jpg

Accepted Solution

Re: Thumbnails on menu not showing up

We apologize for the issue you have experienced. There appears to have been a known issue where thumbnails on the menu are timing out. We do know the problem you are experiencing is not with the X1 box but with cloud content delivery. We are working diligently to get this resolved as soon as possible for you.

Thank you for your patience as we work to get this resolved. Please let us know if you have any further question.

View answer in context
Service Expert

TonyP1 wrote:

The last few weeks I've noticed that random thumbnails on the OnDemand menu aren't showing up. Maybe one or two per screen. The text will show, but the box is jsut gray (no picture) If you exit out and go back in, sometimes they will appear.  Also in the guide, sometimes the logo will be wrong for the channels. Exit out and go back in and they are fixed. 

I've restarted, refreshed, power cycled the box. Nothing helps. A tech came out and tested everything and the signal is strong, everything is in order. He offered to swap the box but since it's not a huge issue I decided to hold off on that (I'm afraid to lose my DVR'd stuff)

Is anyone else having this issue?

Here's an example (Yes I watched Killer Klowns From Outer Space....don't judge me )

does the blank poster show up on both your home X1 equipment as well as using a desk/laptop or smart device?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Desktop and app both load quickly and have no issues on the menus I've checked.

Service Expert

TonyP1 wrote:

Desktop and app both load quickly and have no issues on the menus I've checked.

did you check the exact same menu or search at the same time? This will narrow down if it is source (gracenote?) or some kind of 'internet' issue for the set top box. what set top model numbers and quantities do you have in your home?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Rustyben wrote:

did you check the exact same menu or search at the same time? This will narrow down if it is source (gracenote?) or some kind of 'internet' issue for the set top box. what set top model numbers and quantities do you have in your home?

I'm not home right now, I'll check them simultaneously later.

I have one X1 box: 

AR AX013ANM

3 small boxes:

2- PA PACEHDUDTA

1-MOTO MOTOHDUDTA

Service Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

We apologize for the issue you have experienced. There appears to have been a known issue where thumbnails on the menu are timing out. We do know the problem you are experiencing is not with the X1 box but with cloud content delivery. We are working diligently to get this resolved as soon as possible for you.

Thank you for your patience as we work to get this resolved. Please let us know if you have any further question.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Please mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Please post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Contributor

Looks like this issue has been resolved. Thanks everyone!

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation