Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

TV signal freezes up!

New Poster

TV signal freezes up!

For the four months, my TV signal picture will become frozen on my TV.  After a few minutes, the Xi set top box will shut off and reboot and eventually return the moving picture to the TV.  I have tried different TV's and check out all the connection to ensure they are tight.  The set top was changed out but the problem has continued.  My internet signal off the same cable works just fine during the freeze.  Any thoughts as to why and how it might be corrected?

Expert

Re: TV signal freezes up!

@TejasStar2 wrote:

For the four months, my TV signal picture will become frozen on my TV.  After a few minutes, the Xi set top box will shut off and reboot and eventually return the moving picture to the TV.  I have tried different TV's and check out all the connection to ensure they are tight.  The set top was changed out but the problem has continued.  My internet signal off the same cable works just fine during the freeze.  Any thoughts as to why and how it might be corrected?

The first read of your issue would suggest signal deficiencies on the X1 network ( rebooting and freezing of picture ).  Your internet could still work even though your X1 will not.  I suggest that a TECH onsite can evaluate and fix whatever signal errors that are causing this issue.  Call into Comcast at 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489 and request a TECH visit.

Official Employee

Re: TV signal freezes up!

Hi TejasStar2, I could assist scheduling a technician for you.  Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you