members

online now

discussions

TV Remote Controls

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2

I recently upgraded two cable boxes that were in my bedrooms.  When this was done, I also received two new remote controls for the new cable boxes and also the same type of remote for my cable box downstairs.

I hate these remote controls.  They are harder to use and because I watch tv late at night, in my bedroom, I can't tell which button I am pressing on the remote without turning on a light.  This was not a problem with the two different types of remote controls I had before.  This may sound petty, but it is an inconvenience.  Does anyone else have this problem and is there anyway to get different remote controls from Comcast?

1 REPLY
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 2 of 2

Wondering if you have X1 cable TV service because all of the current X1 remotes have lighted buttons...

If you actually have X1 service you can go to a Comcast service center and they will GIVE YOU FOR FREE an XR5 or XR11 remote which both have lighted buttons.

laurawmspayne wrote:

I recently upgraded two cable boxes that were in my bedrooms.  When this was done, I also received two new remote controls for the new cable boxes and also the same type of remote for my cable box downstairs.

I hate these remote controls.  They are harder to use and because I watch tv late at night, in my bedroom, I can't tell which button I am pressing on the remote without turning on a light.  This was not a problem with the two different types of remote controls I had before.  This may sound petty, but it is an inconvenience.  Does anyone else have this problem and is there anyway to get different remote controls from Comcast?