Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TV Blacks Out

Frequent Visitor

TV Blacks Out

My X1 TV service has been experiencing occasional 1-2 second blackouts for the past month.  Last night the blackouts became more numerous and started to last longer.  Some were as long as 30 seconds or more.  Because I thought the TV might be the cause of the problem during one of the long blackouts I used the TV remote(not X1) to bring up the TV's setup menu in order to determine if it was a problem with the TV screen.  I had no problem viewing and using the setup menu, so I felt the problem was with the X1 cable box.  I unplugged the box, and after the reboot everything was fine for the remainder of the night.

I've seen this problem reported by others and have seen some of the actions they've taken.  I haven't seen anything that provides a resolution.  Is anyone aware of a resolution for this problem?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: TV Blacks Out

Sorry about the double post.  I received an authentication message after the first post and thought it didn't make it.  The moderator can delete this post.

Problem Solver

The X1 boxes can get hot is not ventilated properly. The box might have a problem with a circuit-board.

Have you thought about exchanging the box and remote at your nearest service center?

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the quick reply.  Yes, I had thought about talking to them about the issue too.  My wife has some recorded programs she hasn't watched yet, so I wanted her to watch them before turning in the box.

Frequent Visitor

I wanted to provide an update.  Since the reboot of the box the problem hasn't returned.  I've been to the visitor center, and they told me to come in and exchange the box if the problem returns.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation