New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TCL TV Control with XR15 Remote

ANSWERED
New Poster

TCL TV Control with XR15 Remote

I have the new XR15 remote.  The codes provided will not control my new tv. It is a 4k UHD HDR TV, 65”.  Comcast tech is coming out next week to see what is wrong. Controls regular items one would expect.  Does control my Sony receiver.  Would love to get codes for controlling power on/off for my tv.  Anyone seen a similar issue.

Accepted Solution

Re: TCL TV Control with XR15 Remote

The published codes are wrong. I advised the xfinity tech rep that the working number is 11756. This one works. The xfinity codes do not.
View answer in context
Service Expert

sheraldf wrote:

I have the new XR15 remote.  The codes provided will not control my new tv. It is a 4k UHD HDR TV, 65”.  Comcast tech is coming out next week to see what is wrong. Controls regular items one would expect.  Does control my Sony receiver.  Would love to get codes for controlling power on/off for my tv.  Anyone seen a similar issue.

use set up code 991 then press the up channel button over and over until the TV turns off. then press the set up button to store that 'found' code. Did it work and you can adjust the volume on the TV?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

The published codes are wrong. I advised the xfinity tech rep that the working number is 11756. This one works. The xfinity codes do not.
Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation