Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Switching from dvd to Xfinity power off?

Regular Visitor

Switching from dvd to Xfinity power off?

Using the Samsung remote to switch from cable to DVD player. When switching back, a message says that the cable box isn’t powered on and gives me the option to power on the box by clicking okay.  Note at this point the blue light on the box is still on. Clicking okay doesn’t turn the cable box back on. The only way I can get the cable to turn on is to unplug the box and then wait for it to power back on. Clearly somethings not right. How can I jump between the DVD player and the cable box without having to unplug the box? The box is model Px032ANI.

Service Expert

Re: Switching from dvd to Xfinity power off?

Kimmy22 wrote:

Using the Samsung remote to switch from cable to DVD player. When switching back, a message says that the cable box isn’t powered on and gives me the option to power on the box by clicking okay.  Note at this point the blue light on the box is still on. Clicking okay doesn’t turn the cable box back on. The only way I can get the cable to turn on is to unplug the box and then wait for it to power back on. Clearly somethings not right. How can I jump between the DVD player and the cable box without having to unplug the box? The box is model Px032ANI.

you might trade that device for an XG2 if you don't already have one, or an XiD (newer model) companion set top box.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation