New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Sound but no picture

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Sound but no picture

Got up, turned on TV, everything came on. Went into kitchen to make breakfast. When I came back to TV, the screen was black, sound still on. Tried refresh, checked onnections, checked remote bateries, unplugged cable box, plugged back in - b letter of boot was bright white, oot letters were only dimly lit. All came back on the same, sound no picture.TV is Samsung, not a year old. Just got new box from Xfinity last week. What's wrong?

Accepted Solution

Re: Sound but no picture

Turns out there was an outage in our area- the phones went out as well. All was repaired by 12:06 AM.

View answer in context
Problem Solver

Does your television wirk correctly while watching a channel over the air? Does it work properly while using a DVD player?

Regular Visitor

I'm sorry I do not know what you mean by watch over the air. I cannot use the DVD function as I cannot go onscreen and select a different source than TV. The TV screen is black. It was fine last night and it worked when I turned it on this morning. When I left the room, something turned the picture off.

Problem Solver

Mekkie wrote:

I'm sorry I do not know what you mean by watch over the air. I cannot use the DVD function as I cannot go onscreen and select a different source than TV. The TV screen is black. It was fine last night and it worked when I turned it on this morning. When I left the room, something turned the picture off.

If your television does not work using the antenna (local channels), or using another device connected to it, the problem is the television. If it works except when using the cable-box, the problem is then the cable-box, or the way you have it conneted to the box.

Contributor

Mekkie wrote:

Try using your Samsungs remote that came with the TV and see if you can get into the "Menu" option to check picture and other settings.  If nothing appears on your screen I would suspect the TV would be the problem.  If the menu comes up on your screen then somethings not right with your Xfinity set-top box. 

Regular Visitor

Turns out there was an outage in our area- the phones went out as well. All was repaired by 12:06 AM.

Problem Solver

Mekkie wrote:

Thank you for letting us know.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation