discussions

Sony TV Codes wont work, NONE of them

ANSWERED
New Poster

Re: Good code

10810 worked for me! THANKS!
New Poster

Re: Sony TV Codes wont work, NONE of them

Just wanted to log in and express my gratitude for this info about the 9-9-1 Setup function and then to press channel up and then to save it by pressing setup again - that part was so KEY!!  press setup again after chanel up and it saves the code Smiley Happy  I feel so accomplished now and didn't have to purchase a Sony remote that I lost for my KDL-32XBR39 which is 8 years old.  AWESOME   - THANK YOU

New Poster

***!!!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!! HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A FIX ON THIS FOR 2 WEEKS....THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED!!!!!!! I HAVE 4 X11 REMOTES (LONG STORY) AND NON WORKED WITH THE SONY BRAVIA. COMCAST TECH SUPPORT SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS, BUT THEY DON'T(DUH!) PROGRAMED ALL 4 REMOTES TO SONY BRAVIA IN SECONDS...

New Poster

FOR X11 REMOTE AND SONY BRAVIA TV...HIT SETUP UNTILL LITE TURNS GREEN, THEN 991 UNTILL LITE IS GREEN SOLID, THEN DOWN CHANNEL BUTTON UNTILL TV TURNS OFF, THEN SETUP BUTTON TO SAVE. SOME REMOTES TURN OFF AFTER 1  CHANNEL DOWN SOME AFTER 4 OR 5 TIMES.***DONT FORGET TO HIT SETUP TO SAVE...

New Poster

Terrific, RodnLece's solution worked perfectly on my XR2 remote.  Why doesn't Comcast give these instructions instead of providing all these codes for people to waste time trying?  RodnLece's solution took seconds to complete.  Thanks Rod!!

I am talking about the 9-9-1 solution others also mentioned in the thread after RodnLece posted it.  Make sure you press the SETUP button after the TV turns off, and before turning it back on.  After you press the setup button the light on the remote should blink twice.

New Poster

Picked up a new HD box today. Two long calls with a comcast reps could not get the codes to work. *Agent started talking about how it might cost me $50 to $80 to have a Tech come out if it was determined that it was not a comcast equipment problem. Say what??? I don't think so. I turned to the internet and within five minutes of following the instructions you noted I am watching Thursday night football, not waiting for a tech to come tomorrow.

WTH is the matter with them?! This is why I hate cable companies.

Service Expert

kjst wrote:

Picked up a new HD box today. Two long calls with a comcast reps could not get the codes to work. *Agent started talking about how it might cost me $50 to $80 to have a Tech come out if it was determined that it was not a comcast equipment problem. Say what??? I don't think so. I turned to the internet and within five minutes of following the instructions you noted I am watching Thursday night football, not waiting for a tech to come tomorrow.

WTH is the matter with them?! This is why I hate cable companies.

Which HD box?

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-hub-vs-companion-box/

You can use this to find the code for your equipment:

https://customer.xfinity.com/remotes

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Not helpful.

Visitor

This worked!!!  10810.  Not listed on any possible codes but this worked!  Thanks.  I had tried EVERYTHING!

New Poster

Yea! FINALLY got my X1 remote to work w a Sony c2007 Bravia TV. Thanks e 10810 worked great!!! Thanks, thanks, thanks!!

New Poster

I used every code in my Xfinity booklet for Sony and only the channel select up/down was functional (no Power Off/On nor Volume worked) until I put in code 10810 that I found in the Comcast site.....Voila.......Everyting works now.

New Poster

Re: Voice remote not working with Sony TV

Thank you! This was making me crazy until I tried your method. I still had a small glitch in that the code wouldn't save without giving me a red light error. Work around was to continue with channel up after TV turned on and then reverse with channel down until the set turned off. It then let me save the code. Thanks so much for the useful information!

New Poster

The below worked doing it exactly but then the remote would not control the Cable Box it was frozen I had to unplug the cable box to reboot and reset the remote using the code 981, then press A on the remote and reset up the remote from scratch. I then retried the Remote setup for Sony again and Voila' the first code 10810 worked!
So if no Sony codes work at first Factory Reset the remote, go through the remote setup pairing it to your cable box and then try the  Sony TV codes again. 

Please follow the instructions completey... ensuring that you press the Setup Button once the TV turns off.

1. Turn on your TV and AVR.
2. Press and hold the Setup button on your remote until the status LED changes from red to green.
3. To search for a TV code, enter 9-9-1 on the remote. To search for an AVR code, enter 9-9-2. The status LED should flash green twice.
4. Press the CH ^ button repeatedly to search through the manufacturer codes until the device you are programming turns off.
5. After the device turns off, press Setup. The status LED on your remote should flash green twice. Press the TV Power button on the remote. If the device turns on, you have successfully programmed your remote.

P.S. Make sure you hold the setup button until it flashes green twice after your TV turns off.

New Poster

10810 worked perfect on my older Sony HDTV.  Thanks much.

New Poster

my dog, a Lab 1 year old decided to totally trash my remote. I took it in for replacement, and she gave the exact remote. I come home figuring it should fire the 5 year old Sony right up, but nothing. Yes, I followed the instruction booklet, but nothing. I'll call them tomorrow.

Service Expert

melike2trek wrote:

my dog, a Lab 1 year old decided to totally trash my remote. I took it in for replacement, and she gave the exact remote. I come home figuring it should fire the 5 year old Sony right up, but nothing. Yes, I followed the instruction booklet, but nothing. I'll call them tomorrow.

Did you try this procedure?

melike2trek wrote:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes/

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Thanks for the code. After getting a new remote and still no luck and trying every Sony code I had. Read your code information and it worked. Thank you!!  10810

Frequent Visitor

same here.  Thanks to all. 

Considering how many people work for Comcast, you'd think they'd have a staff whose job is update current information and purging  (or deprecating) old info. You spend 20 minutes entering the supposedly vetted Xfinity codes for a Sony and get nowhere.  You start searching further afield (Here) and find the correct answer in a couple of minutes.

I recently had an issue where I went online and deleted my inbox email to trash and emptied trash.  I thought that was only going to clean up the email on the comcast servers.  But, the way I had the email programs set up on my PCs, those programs were synced up with Comcasts settings, so I lost them.  That was my fault.   Searching Xfinity there looked like a way to get them back.

BUT, the amount of dead ends/dead links xfinity links on xfinity web pages is really bad.   I ended up "Chatting" with Customer Service.  The CS rep also thought I should have the ability via the PC on the web.   I suggested that some of the mentions on this might point to this feature being a smart phone app,  I ended up downloading an Andriod emulator for PCs and installed the Xfinity Connect App.  Guess what? The info on that app was not correct on Xfinity web sites either.  It didn't have the feature and it didn't look anything like the screen shots of the app on the Xfinity web site.

Day in and day out,  Comcast/Xfinity is "ok", but QA is suspect.

New Poster

Don’t worry about all the nonsense! Just hit the, TV power button at the top of the remote FIRST, before you start your setup procedure, then start your regular setup with the first or second code. You won’t see the red blinking anymore and it will accept all the digits in the code. You won’t need luck, this is a vital step in the setup that xfinity never addressed!!!
Service Expert

Jdb914 wrote:
Don’t worry about all the nonsense! Just hit the, TV power button at the top of the remote FIRST, before you start your setup procedure, then start your regular setup with the first or second code. You won’t see the red blinking anymore and it will accept all the digits in the code. You won’t need luck, this is a vital step in the setup that xfinity never addressed!!!

the X1 remote does have a TV power toggle button but it has no function related to operating nor programming the remote. It just sends the code to toggle power as programmed by entering a code for the specific TV.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon