New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Sony TV Codes wont work, NONE of them

SOLVED
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 51 of 66
10810 worked for me! THANKS!
Posted by
New Poster

Message 52 of 66

Just wanted to log in and express my gratitude for this info about the 9-9-1 Setup function and then to press channel up and then to save it by pressing setup again - that part was so KEY!!  press setup again after chanel up and it saves the code Smiley Happy  I feel so accomplished now and didn't have to purchase a Sony remote that I lost for my KDL-32XBR39 which is 8 years old.  AWESOME   - THANK YOU

Posted by
New Poster
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 53 of 66

***!!!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!! HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A FIX ON THIS FOR 2 WEEKS....THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED!!!!!!! I HAVE 4 X11 REMOTES (LONG STORY) AND NON WORKED WITH THE SONY BRAVIA. COMCAST TECH SUPPORT SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS, BUT THEY DON'T(DUH!) PROGRAMED ALL 4 REMOTES TO SONY BRAVIA IN SECONDS...

Posted by
New Poster
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 54 of 66

FOR X11 REMOTE AND SONY BRAVIA TV...HIT SETUP UNTILL LITE TURNS GREEN, THEN 991 UNTILL LITE IS GREEN SOLID, THEN DOWN CHANNEL BUTTON UNTILL TV TURNS OFF, THEN SETUP BUTTON TO SAVE. SOME REMOTES TURN OFF AFTER 1  CHANNEL DOWN SOME AFTER 4 OR 5 TIMES.***DONT FORGET TO HIT SETUP TO SAVE...

Posted by
New Poster

Message 55 of 66

Terrific, RodnLece's solution worked perfectly on my XR2 remote.  Why doesn't Comcast give these instructions instead of providing all these codes for people to waste time trying?  RodnLece's solution took seconds to complete.  Thanks Rod!!

I am talking about the 9-9-1 solution others also mentioned in the thread after RodnLece posted it.  Make sure you press the SETUP button after the TV turns off, and before turning it back on.  After you press the setup button the light on the remote should blink twice.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 56 of 66

Picked up a new HD box today. Two long calls with a comcast reps could not get the codes to work. *Agent started talking about how it might cost me $50 to $80 to have a Tech come out if it was determined that it was not a comcast equipment problem. Say what??? I don't think so. I turned to the internet and within five minutes of following the instructions you noted I am watching Thursday night football, not waiting for a tech to come tomorrow.

WTH is the matter with them?! This is why I hate cable companies.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 57 of 66

kjst wrote:

Picked up a new HD box today. Two long calls with a comcast reps could not get the codes to work. *Agent started talking about how it might cost me $50 to $80 to have a Tech come out if it was determined that it was not a comcast equipment problem. Say what??? I don't think so. I turned to the internet and within five minutes of following the instructions you noted I am watching Thursday night football, not waiting for a tech to come tomorrow.

WTH is the matter with them?! This is why I hate cable companies.

Which HD box?

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-hub-vs-companion-box/

You can use this to find the code for your equipment:

https://customer.xfinity.com/remotes

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 58 of 66
Posted by
Visitor
Message 59 of 66

This worked!!!  10810.  Not listed on any possible codes but this worked!  Thanks.  I had tried EVERYTHING!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 60 of 66

Yea! FINALLY got my X1 remote to work w a Sony c2007 Bravia TV. Thanks e 10810 worked great!!! Thanks, thanks, thanks!!

Posted by
New Poster
Message 61 of 66

I used every code in my Xfinity booklet for Sony and only the channel select up/down was functional (no Power Off/On nor Volume worked) until I put in code 10810 that I found in the Comcast site.....Voila.......Everyting works now.

Posted by
New Poster
Message 62 of 66

Thank you! This was making me crazy until I tried your method. I still had a small glitch in that the code wouldn't save without giving me a red light error. Work around was to continue with channel up after TV turned on and then reverse with channel down until the set turned off. It then let me save the code. Thanks so much for the useful information!

Posted by
New Poster
Message 63 of 66

The below worked doing it exactly but then the remote would not control the Cable Box it was frozen I had to unplug the cable box to reboot and reset the remote using the code 981, then press A on the remote and reset up the remote from scratch. I then retried the Remote setup for Sony again and Voila' the first code 10810 worked!
So if no Sony codes work at first Factory Reset the remote, go through the remote setup pairing it to your cable box and then try the  Sony TV codes again. 

Please follow the instructions completey... ensuring that you press the Setup Button once the TV turns off.

1. Turn on your TV and AVR.
2. Press and hold the Setup button on your remote until the status LED changes from red to green.
3. To search for a TV code, enter 9-9-1 on the remote. To search for an AVR code, enter 9-9-2. The status LED should flash green twice.
4. Press the CH ^ button repeatedly to search through the manufacturer codes until the device you are programming turns off.
5. After the device turns off, press Setup. The status LED on your remote should flash green twice. Press the TV Power button on the remote. If the device turns on, you have successfully programmed your remote.

P.S. Make sure you hold the setup button until it flashes green twice after your TV turns off.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 64 of 66

10810 worked perfect on my older Sony HDTV.  Thanks much.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 65 of 66

my dog, a Lab 1 year old decided to totally trash my remote. I took it in for replacement, and she gave the exact remote. I come home figuring it should fire the 5 year old Sony right up, but nothing. Yes, I followed the instruction booklet, but nothing. I'll call them tomorrow.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 66 of 66

melike2trek wrote:

my dog, a Lab 1 year old decided to totally trash my remote. I took it in for replacement, and she gave the exact remote. I come home figuring it should fire the 5 year old Sony right up, but nothing. Yes, I followed the instruction booklet, but nothing. I'll call them tomorrow.

Did you try this procedure?

melike2trek wrote:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon