New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Sony TV Codes wont work, NONE of them

SOLVED
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 2 of 66

I'm posting this both on Sony forums and Xfinity forums

Just got the X1 Xfinity system, the old silver remote worked to control the tv but the new Voice remote wont. I've tried all 13 codes, some of them it won't even let you enter all 5 digits before it blinks red telling you the code was entered incorrectly.

The most common code was 10000 but when I enter 1000 it blinks red before I can get the last 0 in. I'm not entering the codes in slow, ive tried it slow, fast, normal speed.

Comcast wants to send a technician out and "possibly" charge me for a service call. I have also tried the 9-9-1 method to no avail. Also forgot to mention the Remote is the X11 Voice remote, it's the second one because the first one did the same thing and we thought it was faulty so we had it replaced, and it DOES work on other tvs with their codes, just not the sony.

TV Model:  SONY KDL60R510A

Any help is appreciated

65 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1 of 66

I'm posting this both on Sony forums and Xfinity forums

Just got the X1 Xfinity system, the old silver remote worked to control the tv but the new Voice remote wont. I've tried all 13 codes, some of them it won't even let you enter all 5 digits before it blinks red telling you the code was entered incorrectly.

The most common code was 10000 but when I enter 1000 it blinks red before I can get the last 0 in. I'm not entering the codes in slow, ive tried it slow, fast, normal speed.

Comcast wants to send a technician out and "possibly" charge me for a service call. I have also tried the 9-9-1 method to no avail. Also forgot to mention the Remote is the X11 Voice remote, it's the second one because the first one did the same thing and we thought it was faulty so we had it replaced, and it DOES work on other tvs with their codes, just not the sony.

Any help is appreciated

Posted by
Visitor

Message 3 of 66

I'd also like to add that I recieved two other remotes with my X1 system for two bedrooms and those remotes DO work on the Sony. but the Voice Remote does not

Posted by
Visitor

Message 4 of 66

I am having exactly the same problem with the X11 voice remote and my Sony TV KDL 52 XBR (2007 HD model). The old silver remote will turn it on off and adjust the volume. But the new remote won't pair. I tried all the SONY codes about 6 times, I tried rebooting the cable box and the 9-1-1 method too (a full 20 minutes of pressing the up channel button. A technician is scheduled tomorrow, and I am being billed for this, even though I have the monthly service contract. I can't figure it out and neither could the online technicians. We also tried unpairing first and repairing. Nothing worked. One of the codes worked to turn off the TV, but it wouldn't turn back on.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 5 of 66

If you have another remote that's already working your TV like you want it to, you can pull the code out of that remote so you know exactly what code to use on the XR11.

For XR2/5/11 remotes:

Hold setup until green

Press 1, count how many times the light blinks

Press 2, count how many times the light blinks

Press 3, count how many times the light blinks

Press 4, count how many times the light blinks

Press 5, count how many times the light blinks

There's your code, 

For old silver remotes with red OK/Select button:

Press TV

Hold setup untill 2 blinks

Press 1, count how many times the light blinks

Press 2, count how many times the light blinks

Press 3, count how many times the light blinks

Press 4, count how many times the light blinks

Press 5, count how many times the light blinks

There's your code

For old silver remotes with a grey OK/Select button, just go up to pressing 4, as those remotes only use 4 digit codes, however, since every other remote uses 5 digit codes, you won't be able to put a 4 digit code into a remote that takes 5 digit codes.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 6 of 66

Problem Solved!! A technician came to our home today. The remote X11 couldn't be paired. So he went and got another remote from his truck. It worked just fine. Thanks to others who posted to this querry. Thanks to COMCAST for finally figuring it out.

Linda

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 7 of 66
You can use the list from the x5 remote for the X11 as well. For some reason the remote code list is much longer for Sony on the x5 remote than the X11. You can also do a code search which isn't listed in the manual. The search worked for me when none of the codes in the manual did. Here is how to do it.
Press and hold setup until the light flashes and turns green.
Press 9-9-1, the light should flash and stay solid green.
Press channel up slowly and repetitively until the TV turns off.
Press set up to save the code.
You don't have to give up the X11 voice remote to get a remote to work with your Sony TV.
Enjoy!!!
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 8 of 66

I tried everything, nothing worked.

HOWEVER THIS DID! one press channel up and that was the code. Thanks

Posted by
Visitor

Message 9 of 66

Use RodnLece's gouge above on setup 991 & channel up to program your new voice remote; it works - Thanks!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 10 of 66

Linda, good news about your remote. Does turn your TV on and off with the use of the power button? Mine won't turn the TV on again. Can you tell me what code you are using for your Bravia TV?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 11 of 66

I just got the X1 voice remote and it is unable to control the Sony TV.  Tried all the 11 codes, also called Comcast and they gave me a 991 code to use, yet this did not work as well.  The rep at comcast said the remote is not guaranteed to work with all TVs.  Has anybody expereinced this?  I would have thought it would work with a three year old Sony.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 12 of 66

Same issue here. Tried every code. Sony is a big name brand that has worked with every other remote I've tried. Including the non-voice model from Comcast / Xfininty. This needs to be fixed.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 13 of 66

See if this helps:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XR5-and-XR11-quot-Voice-Remote-quot-Code-Lists/td-p/2550616

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 14 of 66
It seems to me there happens to already be plenty of current threads running on the issue of XR11s and Sony TVs.

This has been asked and answered quite a few times...
Posted by
Visitor

Message 15 of 66

I have the same problem as GeoRed3 - I found codes that turn the TV off, but the TV will not turn back on, I have to use the TV remote to turn the TV on - help?

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 16 of 66
Try all Sony codes. Many have had success with the manual code search process.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 17 of 66

I had to resort to the following procedure, which ultimately worked for me:

Press 9-9-1, the light should flash and stay solid green.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 18 of 66

I tried all the codes and the 991 that I found in the forum.  The 991 code shuts the tv off but when trying to turn on the tv it won't turn on and the volume isn't being controled either.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 19 of 66

That means you haven't found the correct code yet. You need to keep going with the manual code search "991" process...

MLB13 wrote:

I tried all the codes and the 991 that I found in the forum.  The 991 code shuts the tv off but when trying to turn on the tv it won't turn on and the volume isn't being controled either.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 20 of 66

I am so glad I found this.Thank you GeoRed3.  

Press 9-9-1, the light should flash and stay solid green  (mine didnt do this, the light went off)

It worked - simple when you know how.  I wish I could get back the hour I spent liast night trying all those codes multiple times.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 21 of 66

Thanks !

This worked perfectly for my new Sony TV, all the other codes would only turn the TV off but not ON. Now I have everything on 1 remote, xfinity box, tv, and Yamaha reciever

Posted by
Visitor

Message 22 of 66

Mine won't work either. Same exact problem. 991 turns the TV off, but not  back on. Anyone figure out which code works? 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 23 of 66

edgeplot wrote:

Mine won't work either. Same exact problem. 991 turns the TV off, but not  back on. Anyone figure out which code works? 

Please follow the instructions completey...  ensuring that you press the Setup Button once the TV turns off.

1. Turn on your TV and AVR. 
2. Press and hold the Setup button on your remote until the status LED changes from red to green.
3. To search for a TV code, enter 9-9-1 on the remote. To search for an AVR code, enter 9-9-2. The status LED should flash green twice.
4. Press the CH ^ button repeatedly to search through the manufacturer codes until the device you are programming turns off.
5. After the device turns off, press Setup. The status LED on your remote should flash green twice. Press the TV Power button on the remote. If the device turns on, you have successfully programmed your remote.

P.S. Make sure you hold the setup button until it flashes green twice after your TV turns off.

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 24 of 66

YAY! This worked, thank you! Just got the X5 remote today and it wouldn't work with the Sony EX440. One of the supplied Sony codes (11685) "worked" in that the light flashed green twice, but did nothing else. I only had to press up-channel once, boom, paired!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 25 of 66

This doesn't work for Sony Bravia. I finally got Xfinity customer service to admit this, and they are apparently working on a fix. 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 26 of 66

edgeplot wrote:

This doesn't work for Sony Bravia. I finally got Xfinity customer service to admit this, and they are apparently working on a fix. 

Im not sure that CS was right about that as many new Sony Bravia owners have reported success with using the above method.  Keep trying....  Once the TV turns off, press the Setup Button onemore time to lock in the code!!!

-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 27 of 66

me too.  Just picked up the remote and have tried everything.  Pretty annoyed.  15 ppl in line for the two person comcast window :-(

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 28 of 66

artressa2 wrote:

me too.  Just picked up the remote and have tried everything.  Pretty annoyed.  15 ppl in line for the two person comcast window :-(

Read he post that Robert placed above.  This process is the manual code entry process and has had great success with the SONY TV models.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 29 of 66

If the sony problem is that the first one does not turn TV on (only off), and TV has a power light easily visible, turn TV off before beginning process. When you test the up channel search when you locate the code that turns on the TV press setup to save. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 30 of 66
Thanks!! They should have this on the pamphlet or online! Worked on first ch up press!! I was so frustrated that none of the codes listed worked for my sony.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 31 of 66

I hit 9 - 9 - 1 and the tv turned off, but now my remote isn't working.

I did not see any codes,the tv only turned off.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 32 of 66

grace9360 wrote:

I hit 9 - 9 - 1 and the tv turned off, but now my remote isn't working.

I did not see any codes,the tv only turned off.

?  Did you follow this completely?

Please follow the instructions completey...  ensuring that you press the Setup Button once the TV turns off.

1. Turn on your TV and AVR. 
2. Press and hold the Setup button on your remote until the status LED changes from red to green.
3. To search for a TV code, enter 9-9-1 on the remote. To search for an AVR code, enter 9-9-2. The status LED should flash green twice.
4. Press the CH ^ button repeatedly to search through the manufacturer codes until the device you are programming turns off.
5. After the device turns off, press Setup. The status LED on your remote should flash green twice. Press the TV Power button on the remote. If the device turns on, you have successfully programmed your remote.

P.S. Make sure you hold the setup button until it flashes green twice after your TV turns off.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 33 of 66

yes

now i can't use the functions to control the cable box, i.e. guide, channels

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 34 of 66

The issue most are having with the code search method is that the first time you press channel up, some of the Sony HDTV's will turn off, but once you lock in the code by hitting Setup, it doesn't work to turn it back on, or for anything else.

This is called a discreet code that does one thing and one thing only - turn off the Sony HDTV.

Once you have the remote in the code search mode (by holding the Setup button until the green light stays on and then hit 991) what you have to do is point the remote away from the Sony HDTV and cover the front of it when you push channel up for the first time. After that, point it back to the TV and uncover the front, and resume hittting channel up until the Sony HDTV turns off, then hit Setup again. It took me about a minute to find the correct code, which the remote says is 11172 (or maybe 11171), and then everything works fine.

If someone brave wants to try the direct code entry with that number, please report back with the results. Thanks!

This worked for a Sony SXRD HDTV, vintage 2007.

By the way, all Sony HDTV's have been called Bravia for many years.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 35 of 66

grace9360 wrote:

yes

now i can't use the functions to control the cable box, i.e. guide, channels

factory reset the remote .. setup press until green LED turns on release and press 9 8 7 LED will flash and pressing channel up will revert to IR (infrared) and LED will blink Red for Cable buttons like channel up.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 36 of 66

Just wanted to say thanks. This does actually work and only took me litteraly 4 secs..

Posted by
Visitor

Message 37 of 66
I had the same problems stated in previously by everyone. Came across a code that WORKED! 10810, I repeat 10810. Good luck luck all!
Posted by
Visitor

Message 38 of 66
Remote control code for Xfinity RX11 remote with Sony tv.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 39 of 66

This process worked with our Sony xbr bravia and the voice remote! Thank you!!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 40 of 66

Solution worked great!  After pressing 9-1-1, I pressed "channel up" just once and my Sony TV turned off.   Then I pressed "setup" just once (to save the code), and the remote light flashed green twice rapidly (SUCCESS!).  All is well.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 41 of 66

This worked for me.  

Posted by
Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 42 of 66

I literally tried the long list of codes 3 times! I sure wish I saw this first! Thank you so much this worked in one minute!!! Smiley Happy Now I can rest lol

Posted by
Visitor
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Message 43 of 66
Solution

Solution worked great however !  After pressing 9-1-1, I pressed "channel up" just once and my Sony TV turned off.  And the remote did not work so I  Then I pressed the 9-1-1 sequence and slowly press "channel down" and on around the tenth press TV powered off I saved the code and everything works, Thanks

Posted by
Visitor

Message 44 of 66
RodnLece, you're the beeeeeeesssst!!!!! After trying all the methods possible, yours worked for me. Thanks for sharing your knowledge Smiley Wink
Posted by
Visitor

Message 45 of 66

So cool worked like charm with my Sony TV, voice remote works now too!!! Thank You!!!  

Posted by
Visitor

Message 46 of 66

The 9-9-1 procedure also worked for me.  I have a Sony Google TV.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 47 of 66

My Sony is a much older, solid state model.  I didn't think anything would work to sync it to the Voice remote.

However, this technique did work.  Thank you for posting this info and isn't the internet wonderful.  If you are patient you can find solutions to most tech problems

Posted by
Visitor

Message 48 of 66
I spent hours trying to figure this out and it wasn't working...I was pointing the controller at the xfinity box. POINT CONTROLLER AT TV and it worked the first time!!!!
Posted by
Visitor

Message 49 of 66

Same issue.

Tried a 2nd remote, and it was fine.

Pulled the batteries from the first, reseated them, and it worked.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 50 of 66

THANK-YOU!!! It worked - Yes!