Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Slingbox with Arris AX013ANC cable box

Regular Visitor

Slingbox with Arris AX013ANC cable box

Hi everyone.  New to the group so hope this is the appropriate place for this.

I recently was upgraded to X1 and the box Comcast provided was an Arris AX013ANC.  I am hooking up my slingbox.  I have worked around the HDMI/Composite issue with a converter box but I still can't get it to work. When I try to locate the appropriate cable box in the Slingbox setup, the Arris I have is not listed.  I have contacted Slingbox but they have no record of this model cable box.  They said that Arris is made by Motorola so try several Motorola models.  I have tried at least 30 of them and none work.  It is almost like this cable box doesn't have IR.  Do you know?  If is does have IR, do I need to activate it somehow?  If it does have IR does anyone know what Make/Model cable box I need to choose in the Slingbox setup to get it to connect?  If this is not doable, is there another X1 compatible cable box I can exchange this one for that will work with my Slingbox?  TIA.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Slingbox with Arris AX013ANC cable box

First do you mean composite (single yellow connector, not HD) or component (red, green, blue connectors, HD capable).

Sling will work with X1. Simplify what you are trying enter such as Xfinity X1 (which works with Harmony's database).
Regular Visitor

Yes you are correct....my mistake.  I did mean component not composite.  The video connection is working fine. What I can't get to work is making the Slingbox (it is a model 500 BTW) control the cable box.  No matter how I set up Slingbox, I can't get the cable box to respond to the commands (such as channel up or channel down).  Appreciate any information anyone could provide.

Gold Problem Solver

I have found that the X1 DVRs are easily overloaded by infrared signals. I suspect the Sling's IR output is too strong.
New Poster

Do a search for Comcast set top box you will see the X1 listed, pick it.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation