New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Signal Delay Between TVs

ANSWERED
New Poster

Signal Delay Between TVs

Here's my problem. I have two Sanyo TVs both identical size, model and age. They are both on the x1system. Watching the same program at the same time , there is a 1 to 5 second difference between the two sets. These TVs are in adjacent rooms and it sounds like an echo chamber between the two when watching the same program. Why is there a delay when all tvs are connected on the same xfinity power splitter? 

Accepted Solution

Re: Signal Delay Between TVs

I have the same situation and there is no permanent fix. It's just how X1 boxes work.

There is one thing you can do that works for me at least temporarily. Change the channel on both boxes then go back to the original channel that you are trying to watch. They should be reasonably within sync.

amaugeri wrote:

Here's my problem. I have two Sanyo TVs both identical size, model and age. They are both on the x1system. Watching the same program at the same time , there is a 1 to 5 second difference between the two sets. These TVs are in adjacent rooms and it sounds like an echo chamber between the two when watching the same program. Why is there a delay when all tvs are connected on the same xfinity power splitter? 

View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

I have the same situation and there is no permanent fix. It's just how X1 boxes work.

There is one thing you can do that works for me at least temporarily. Change the channel on both boxes then go back to the original channel that you are trying to watch. They should be reasonably within sync.

amaugeri wrote:

Official Employee

Do the TVs have different boxes attached?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Both set ups are identicle. TVs and boxes. I also want to note that I have updated the boxes to the newest units but still no diference.

Admin1

amaugeri -- RickGr4 is correct that the boxes can have slightly different relay times. You could also try swapping out HDMI cables to see if it's a possible relay delay in the cable itself. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Cable Expert
Moved:

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.

Official Employee

I apologize again as my interface did not show that the post was moved by nerdberg. Please ignore my previous post.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation