Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Setting up X1 system with an Xbox 1

Frequent Visitor

Setting up X1 system with an Xbox 1

We have an Xbox 1 that we would like to be able to still use with our new X1 system. How is this supposed to be setup? Not sure if we need to have the X1 set up box hooked into the Xbox 1 or the Xbox 1 hooked into the X1 set up box. Could someone please post detailed instructions to get this to work correctly. Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: Setting up X1 system with an Xbox 1

Try this

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/How_to_Set_Up_Cable_or_Satellite_TV_on_Xbox_One

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

How many HDMI inputs does your TV have? If your TV has more than one HDMI input I highly recommend you keep your Comcast X1 box and XBox 1 totally separate.

Comcast X1 boxes are know to behave strangely when trying to link through an XBox 1.

If your TV has only one HDMI input then follow the instructions on the link Andrew posted and hope for the best...

cgacfox wrote:

We have an Xbox 1 that we would like to be able to still use with our new X1 system. How is this supposed to be setup? Not sure if we need to have the X1 set up box hooked into the Xbox 1 or the Xbox 1 hooked into the X1 set up box. Could someone please post detailed instructions to get this to work correctly. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, I will see if the TV has more than one HDMI. I believe it does. It's in my son's room. He wants to be able to use the Xbox 1 features with the X1 system. It worked before with our regular Xfinity cable system. Will have to see if this works as well. I believe he had the old set up box plugged into his Xbox 1. I am not sure that way will work any more.

Gold Problem Solver

I understand what you and your son are trying to do but Comcast X1 boxes have proven to troublesome in the situation you are attempting to use.

X1 boxes have a very weird implementation of how they handle HDMI and they cannot be predicted. The much discussed "2.0 firmware" update is designed to deal with some of these issues but the jury is still out...

cgacfox wrote:

Thanks, I will see if the TV has more than one HDMI. I believe it does. It's in my son's room. He wants to be able to use the Xbox 1 features with the X1 system. It worked before with our regular Xfinity cable system. Will have to see if this works as well. I believe he had the old set up box plugged into his Xbox 1. I am not sure that way will work any more.

Regular Visitor

I have my X1 running pass through with my Xbox One to my Samsung TV with no problems. I happen to work at MS and the Xbox One now works around the HDMI quirks of the X11.
Gold Problem Solver

That is good news....

cshunter wrote:
I have my X1 running pass through with my Xbox One to my Samsung TV with no problems. I happen to work at MS and the Xbox One now works around the HDMI quirks of the X11.

Frequent Visitor

So how exactly did you set this up? His TV is an older non-smart Visio.

Gold Problem Solver

I haven't set it up. I am basing my comments on what I have read in this forum and what my son has told me.

X1 boxes are known to have HDMI handshake issues with many brands of TVs. Late model Samsung and Vizio are the most notable but we have heard of issues with Sharp and older Toshibas. Recently it would appear there are issues with Sony TVs.

I am not sure Comcast is EVER gonna get this thing known as HDMI down properly... They fix two things but break a new one. Fix two, break one. That appears to be how X1 is going to go....

I know this is a very strong statement but it would appear that Comcasts feels it's own needs are more important than following well known HDMI specifications.

Open message to Comcast. Just think how many fewer X1 issues you would be dealing with if you simply followed HDMI standards.....

cgacfox wrote:

So how exactly did you set this up? His TV is an older non-smart Visio.

Frequent Visitor

cshunter wrote:

I apologize, I meant to ask cshunter how he has his set up. Currently my son has the set up box and Xbox One going separately into the back of the TV. How should it be set up? Set up box to Xbox One to TV? Xbox One to Set up box to TV. Sorry for the confusion.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation