Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
You can contribute an answer or post a question.
Posted by
New Visitor
  • Happy Valentine's Day 2015!
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!

Setting a reminder sight the new x1 box and x2 remote

It would help soooooo much if anyone could tell me how to set the reminder for a show with the new x1 box and x2 remote plz help
Posted by
Recognized Contributor

Re: Setting a reminder sight the new x1 box and x2 remote

The set top box and remote control have no function to set reminders, AFAIK.

This can be done using the Queue feature on the xfinity.com/tv website. 

You can set up action to tune a program on the TV, play it on PC or record on DVR.

Posted by
New Visitor

I just upgraded to x1 and thought I was crazy when I couldn't set a program reminder. How could comcast not include this function....it's really important. They have got to get the reminders in the upgrade.
Posted by
New Visitor

Agree.  Just got Comcast TV today and went looking for the reminder and couldn't find it.  I was certain I was just missing it as it seems it would be a basic function.  Reading these reviews indicates otherwise.  This function needs to be added in the next upgrade.

Posted by
New Visitor

So I'm not crazy, there really is no way to set reminders on the NEW X1 remotes/boxes???

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

brodgers33 wrote:

So I'm not crazy, there really is no way to set reminders on the NEW X1 remotes/boxes???

Afraid not..... you can prgram your Favorite Channels listing, but that will also "go away" after 90 minutes, give or take.....  it is what it is....

-=Ray=-

Posted by
New Visitor

This is TOTALLY lame. This is a big feature that we use in our house and to see that this is no longer available is quite disappointing to say the least. 

Posted by
New Visitor

Just got X1 today.  To find out that there is no reminder function is a game changer.  Very disappointed.

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

I use a smartphone app - TV Show Tracker.  I paid 99cents to get rid of the ads.

Posted by
New Visitor
  • Happy Valentine's Day 2015!

It is crazy how comast got rid of many important functions.    Setting reminders is a really important one.   Last time I was so tied up watching some movies in my favorites and completely forgot the NBA game finals that was on.  I was beating myself up.   Reminder is so important and I simply don't get it why xfinity development team doesn't even care about it.   I think maybe the developers and managers use direct tv in their homes and program for xfinity ..LOL.   So they really don't know or don't care sometimes what is important to consumers.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments