Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Screensaver

New Poster

Screensaver

I just updated my equipment two days ago and found after one day a screensaver pops up (nothing on day one). I searched for the spot to disable it but there is no off (pretty stupid). I changed time to 5 hours from 5 minutes. Screensaver still pops up after 5 minutes. What's the fix? (TV is on in a waiting room so we can't keep clicking the remote.)

Service Expert

Re: Screensaver

There are other new threads about this issue with no fix.

Try using different "Screen Saver Types".

I haven't seen this on my two X1 DVR's (yet).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I have had it happening multiple times tonight and changed settings and still every five minutes the screen saver comes up.  Ridiculous 

Service Expert

Starship28 wrote:

I have had it happening multiple times tonight and changed settings and still every five minutes the screen saver comes up.  Ridiculous 

are you sure it is the set top box screen saver? what theme is shown (pictures)? would you try going into device settings and screen saver menu and changing to entertainment then select preview so you know what the screen saver will look like. then hit exit to get out of the menu system and wait for the screen saver to kick in again. Does the screen saver again show up, but now shows the entertainment theme?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Second day on new install.  Screensaver comes on every few minutes while watching a show.               Changed screensavers, changed time to 5 hours.  It still comes up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do we resolve this issue.

Service Expert

GregRednour wrote:

Second day on new install.  Screensaver comes on every few minutes while watching a show.               Changed screensavers, changed time to 5 hours.  It still comes up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do we resolve this issue.

are you watching live TV or on-demand at the time it comes on? is there any menu on the screen? any control or status showing (like pressing the down arrow button)?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Ok, this happened to me tonight and I've had my service since June.  I was watching a program and suddenly the screensaver starts popping up.  I consulted the forums and went into the screensaver settings.  Not only did I up the time to 5 hours, I changed the type of screensaver.  No effect.  In desperation to watch the first episode of the baking championship, and it being so late, I went into POWER PREFERENCES (just above screensaver preferences) and RESTARTED the box.  It has been almost 10 minutes since the box powered back up and no screensaver interruption. WOOHOO!  Maybe this will work for you too.

New Poster

What happened after this? Did the restart really solve the screensaver problem?

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation