Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Screensaver when starting tv

Contributor

Screensaver when starting tv

When I turn the TV on, the screen is either the parental control screen (requesting PIN), or it is a screensaver.  It is never live TV, regardless of the channel it was on last.  Every time I turn the tv on, I have to hit exit to get back to "live tv" or I have to enter the PIN.  Is this due to the Parental control?  I can understand that if it is asking for a PIN, but why the screensaver?

Also, not sure it's related, but also, regardless of where it was left, I have no volume when turning the tv on.  I always have to adjust volume up or down to get any volume at all. 

For example. I am watching a show, volume is at 2.  I turn the tv off.  come back later, turn tv on, screen saver appears, or parental control pin screen.  I hit EXIT or enter the pin.  I usually get the live channel, but there is no sound.  I then either press volume up or down and the sound comes back.

Just thought of something else as well.  Regarding the screensave or pin screen.  Sometimes when hitting exit, the screen goes black and stays that way unitl I hit the xfinity button and choose a channel, etc.  Why not just go to the live channel it is on?

Expert

Re: Screensaver when starting tv

Did you try the A button - System Refresh?

Contributor

I did not, but I will tonight when I get home.

Contributor

I tried the A button and it worked.  However, there is still the volume issue.  perhaps I will create a new thread.  I checked all settings through xfinity and saw nothing useful for volume.

Official Employee

Hello EaglesRidge, I am glad resetting the equipment resolved your issue. Thank you for sharing your resolution with us here, I responded to your volume issue post please reach back out to me there.