New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Screen Freeze code RDK-03033

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Screen Freeze code RDK-03033

Screen freeze 

code RDK-03033  "we're having trouble connecting to the X1 Platform"    This may be T........

Had Comcast install system 7 months ago. Internet, phone and TV. Most  worked OK but for past month I have been getting this code on one tv. frame freeze for 30 sec or so

then code XRE-03044 . " Lets try this again" We're having troub......

The box on this set is a HD box, device MAC 12 BF 60 0E 9F 1D         XiD-P   X1 SYSTEM ABOUT A 3X5X1 BOX . I have replaced box, power supply and cable from wall to box.

Changed inputs, even changed TV from one room tot he other. I have spent hours on the phone with comcast just trying to get the new box. They had me disconnecting everythig. After being told a new box was shipping I received a new remote. after three more calls I gave up and went to a local service center to get a new box. The powwer supply they gave me did not work at all.  

Accepted Solution

Re: Screen Freeze code RDK-03033

Thanks 

They did not change one wire in the house they Replaced box and added a filter, both at the same time. They check all connections but found none loose or bad.

The problem was with the DVR box. The new box was about 1/2 the weight. The tech mentioned a Gen 4 box . Have not had anymore problems .

View answer in context
Service Expert

ChuckLin wrote:

Screen freeze 

code RDK-03033  "we're having trouble connecting to the X1 Platform"    This may be T........

Had Comcast install system 7 months ago. Internet, phone and TV. Most  worked OK but for past month I have been getting this code on one tv. frame freeze for 30 sec or so

The box on this set is a HD box, device MAC 12 BF 60 0E 9F 1D         XiD-P   X1 SYSTEM ABOUT A 3X5X1 BOX . I have replaced box, power supply and cable from wall to box.

Changed inputs, even changed TV from one room tot he other. I have spent hours on the phone with comcast just trying to get the new box. They had me disconnecting everythig. After being told a new box was shipping I received a new remote. after three more calls I gave up and went to a local service center to get a new box. The powwer supply they gave me did not work at all.  

if you call 877-896-8678 at the time when you are having the problems they may be able to determine the problem.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Cut your losses and have Comcast send a tech out. X1 boxes require extremely good signal levels and it sure sounds like you have signal problems.

ChuckLin wrote:

Screen freeze 

Frequent Visitor

When it freeze it un- freeze in bout 30 se to 1 min. it takes 10 min to get to comcast tech . Thanks. I will call again today 

Official Employee

ChuckLin wrote:

When it freeze it un- freeze in bout 30 se to 1 min. it takes 10 min to get to comcast tech . Thanks. I will call again today 

Swap locations with your other XID and see if the same freezing follows the box or stays at the cable outlet you are using. It will help in which direction to troubleshoot and save you a service call. Presently, the dvr isn't talking to that box at all.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Only have one of these boxed, a DVR and just a std digital box. The service tech was here today. Signal was OK. He went through everything I had done still doing the same thing. After all else failed he replaced the DVR main box and put a filter on the line.I have watched about 2 hrs and everything seem to be working OK.

Also something new when they replaced the main box I did not lose the existing recordings set up or the existing recordings. Tech said this is new. He indicated the box I had was a 2 now a 4th gen.New unit is definitively lighter. I had noticed some noise from the old box, like a small fan. 

After two day I will post again. Tech indicated if it is not working now he does not know what else he could correct. 

He thinks bad signal from the DVR. 

Official Employee

ChuckLin wrote:

Only have one of these boxed, a DVR and just a std digital box. The service tech was here today. Signal was OK. He went through everything I had done still doing the same thing. After all else failed he replaced the DVR main box and put a filter on the line.I have watched about 2 hrs and everything seem to be working OK.

Also something new when they replaced the main box I did not lose the existing recordings set up or the existing recordings. Tech said this is new. He indicated the box I had was a 2 now a 4th gen.New unit is definitively lighter. I had noticed some noise from the old box, like a small fan. 

After two day I will post again. Tech indicated if it is not working now he does not know what else he could correct. 

He thinks bad signal from the DVR. 

Check your private messages

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

It been two day and everything seems to be working. They replaced the main box.Tech explained that the X1 signal to all the boxes come to the main box and then sent to the smaller boxes.  He indicated he had seen this before. In all the on phone conversations no one mentioned this as a possibility.

The following day I found that Comcast had charged me for the service call.They said I did not have a service contract. Unbelievable. They now charge for self install and then they charge for service to replace their own equipment.

The Tech had actually told me that the original equipment was Gen 2 and he replaced with Gen 4. The original install was only 7 months ago. They use refurbish equipment on a new install, then charge you when it has a problem. 

I had read through the site that they do not charge for service visit that results from a Comcast equipment or network problem. They replaced the box and charge for service. 

Gold Problem Solver

Comcast's policy on this is no different than any other large telecommunications company. They are responsible for the lines up to the house and their own hardware. We own and are responsible for the wiring and connections within our houses.

The "generation" of X1 box probably had nothing to do with this and I am not aware of a generation 4.

Replacing boxes with refurbished boxes is common industry practice.

I am guessing they charged you because the "fix" to your issues was wiring or connections within the house. If you feel that replacing the DVR was the main reason the issues were resolved I would contact Comcast and dispute the charges.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks 

They did not change one wire in the house they Replaced box and added a filter, both at the same time. They check all connections but found none loose or bad.

The problem was with the DVR box. The new box was about 1/2 the weight. The tech mentioned a Gen 4 box . Have not had anymore problems .

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation