Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Satellite Boxes Connectivity No Live TV

ANSWERED
New Poster

Satellite Boxes Connectivity No Live TV

My Satellite boxes connected to X1 are not indicating any power.  The X1 Main has been rebooted by myself and Comcast several times as have the individual satellite boxes.  They reboot and show power but go black midway through the process.  Strangely enough, I am able to use them to watch taped shows and On Demand shows but no live TV.  Service Tech due in a few days but any suggestions on how to repair would be greatly appreciated.  Get various errors including XRE-10007 and RDK-03036.  

Accepted Solution

Re: Satellite Boxes Connectivity No Live TV

The power button on the X1 Main?  Yes I have pushed the "Blue" button to do a reset as well as unplugged it.  The amp is 

AD48-1500500DU.  Good news is that we were out for a couple of hours and the two satelites that were not working are now back on and functioning.  

View answer in context
Official Employee

The boxes use moca to communicate, something is blocking the moca communication. Can you give any details on the house wiring? Amps,splitters etc

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

It was a Comcast install new construction.  Amplifier off the line into the house that is connected to a multiple splitter.  1 of the 3 satellite boxes is working fine.  Two are not.  I just did a complete reboot with the satelites unplugged and plugged them back when the main X1 was back and operational.  One satelite is fully functional now with live TV but two are still not and the power indicator goes black/out during the reboot process.   

Official Employee

GOMSU79 wrote:

It was a Comcast install new construction.  Amplifier off the line into the house that is connected to a multiple splitter.  1 of the 3 satellite boxes is working fine.  Two are not.  I just did a complete reboot with the satelites unplugged and plugged them back when the main X1 was back and operational.  One satelite is fully functional now with live TV but two are still not and the power indicator goes black/out during the reboot process.   

Have you pressed the power button on the top right. The XiD?

Whats the amp model?

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

ComcastAndrew wrote:

GOMSU79 wrote:

Have you pressed the power button on the top right. The XiD?

Whats the amp model?

It looks like your X1 boxes are trying to communicate with your gateway. Is there a moca light showing as on, on the rear of the gateway?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

The power button on the X1 Main?  Yes I have pushed the "Blue" button to do a reset as well as unplugged it.  The amp is 

AD48-1500500DU.  Good news is that we were out for a couple of hours and the two satelites that were not working are now back on and functioning.  

Official Employee

GOMSU79 wrote:

Yeah I've looked at them a couple of times since you posted.I was referring to the power button on the XiD (secondary boxes). If it continues I'd get a tech out. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation