Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

SD Box not sizing video correctly

New Poster

SD Box not sizing video correctly

I have an X1 SD box on one of my TV's (its an older TV). About 2 weeks ago the video started showing wierd as if it is only sending the upper left corner of the video to the TV. The menus and guides show normal. I have checked the display settings and they are set to 480i like they should be for the TV. If the menus/guides were displayed incorrectly too I would think its the TV, but this seems like a setting on the box. I've done a reset but it did not fix anything. What am I missing?

Expert

Re: SD Box not sizing video correctly

@medave wrote:

I have an X1 SD box on one of my TV's (its an older TV). About 2 weeks ago the video started showing wierd as if it is only sending the upper left corner of the video to the TV. The menus and guides show normal. I have checked the display settings and they are set to 480i like they should be for the TV. If the menus/guides were displayed incorrectly too I would think its the TV, but this seems like a setting on the box. I've done a reset but it did not fix anything. What am I missing?

is the TV connected via coax? if so the settings won't matter that is for digital (hdmi normally) output.

New Poster

It is connected via component cables.
Expert

@medave wrote:
It is connected via component cables.

is it a companion (non-DVR) rng150 or an xg1 (DVR) version 1?

Regular Visitor

Yes, I'm  having the same problem. Why is this happening now?

Official Employee

medave, let's take a closer look at your box. Please send me your full name in private message so I can assist. 

KenF

Regular Visitor

Hello, What did you need my name for?
Expert

@Nacho3 wrote:
Hello, What did you need my name for?

So he can check your account.