Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Rio Opening Ceremonies in Dolby Atmos!

Valued Contributor

Rio Opening Ceremonies in Dolby Atmos!

Great news!  As of today, you can watch highlights from the Rio Opening Ceremonies in Dolby Atmos.  You'll need an Atmos capable surround sound system and an X1 box to take full advantage of the new surround technology.  This content was originally shot in 4k HDR and Atmos.  To get it to you, we converted the 4k HDR content to 1080i SDR with Atmos audio.  Today, you can only see/hear the Atmos content on an XG1 or XG2 box but in the very near future you'll also be able to use an Xi3/XiD as well.  If you've got an Atmos system at home, check it out!  Simply press and hold the microphone button on the XR11 Voice Remote and say, "Atmos."  You'll see several Atmos assets appear.  On the bottom of the list you'll see the Opening Ceremonies highlights clip.  If you don't have an XR11, simply type "2-8-6-6-7" and you'll see the same results.  Enjoy!

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation