Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Repeat shows recording when they shouldn't be & can't cacel on site anymore

Frequent Visitor

Repeat shows recording when they shouldn't be & can't cacel on site anymore

For a few years now I've been having this issue where repeat episodes are recording when it's only set up for new episodes. It will record dozens of episodes that are not only not new but sometimes aren't even on the channel the show airs new episodes on. Mostly because they guide doesn't have them listed as "repeat". It just has a date for the day the repeat is airing. Some of the shows are 30 minutes and will have repeats airing every half an hour from midnight to midnight. It gets very frustrating having to cancel ALL of them. Each week I go through my scheduled recordings and have to cancel dozens of shows. It would take me anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour. In case that's not frustrating enough, now I can't modify or cancel recordings from the site. The only option now is to cancel them from the TV. Problem is when you're canceling shows a week for that day, every time you cancel one, it bounces back up to the top (current day) and you have to scroll down again to where you left off. It now takes twice as long as it should. On top of that, I canceled a couple shows today (on the TV now) and when I check my scheduled recordings on the site, they are still listed there as recording. See screenshots below. 2 of repeats 1 of options on scheduled recordings

comcast wrong recordings.jpgComcast recordings for reruns (Wild N Out) 1.jpgRecoring options.jpg

Service Expert

Re: Repeat shows recording when they shouldn't be & can't cacel on site anymore

http://www.multichannel.com/news/content/tivo-notches-win-itc-patent-battle-comcast/416736

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tivo-comcast-patent/tivo-wins-set-top-box-patent-case-against-com...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

This happens with my Cops recordings all the time.  Sometimes the repeats of Cops (very old episodes) don't have a episode description and it just has the default "Cops is a show blah blah blah" in the episode synopsis.  These episodes always record even though I have the setting set to only record new episodes.  The funny thing is that it seems like it's always the same 6 or 7 episodes that get recorded.

Service Expert

kjakubowsk wrote:

This happens with my Cops recordings all the time.  Sometimes the repeats of Cops (very old episodes) don't have a episode description and it just has the default "Cops is a show blah blah blah" in the episode synopsis.  These episodes always record even though I have the setting set to only record new episodes.  The funny thing is that it seems like it's always the same 6 or 7 episodes that get recorded.

Since the content supplier doesn't identify the episode as new or repeat, the Comcast system takes the conservative appoach and treats them as New.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

It's so frustrating. I have had to cancel dozens of shows each time. It wasn't so bad when I could do it on the site but now that I can only modify/cancel scheduled recordings on the TV, it's worse. It ALWAYS bounces me back to the top after each show I cancel. It takes so much longer now. Talked to a Comcast rep again, and he said he checked my account and everything (modify/cancel option) should be fine. Well, it's not. I not only can't edit the scheduled recordings but now I can't restore shows I deleted on the site now either. It ALL has to be done on the TV. 

Service Expert

xolindsayox wrote:

It's so frustrating. I have had to cancel dozens of shows each time. It wasn't so bad when I could do it on the site but now that I can only modify/cancel scheduled recordings on the TV, it's worse. It ALWAYS bounces me back to the top after each show I cancel. It takes so much longer now. Talked to a Comcast rep again, and he said he checked my account and everything (modify/cancel option) should be fine. Well, it's not. I not only can't edit the scheduled recordings but now I can't restore shows I deleted on the site now either. It ALL has to be done on the TV. 

I assume you don't have an X1 system?  I manage my recordings with the X1 system now.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I do. That's what I'm using (the Xfinity Stream site) to try and modify recordings. Problem is you can't modify/cancel recordings on the site anymore

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation