Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Remote stopped working

New Poster

Remote stopped working

My remote, XR11, for the infinity  thing stopped connecting with the box. It connects with the TV itself but not the cable box. Ive rebooted the box many times and have changed the remote's batteries. Is there an easy fix out there? 

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

Re: Remote stopped working

Thank you, just holding the setup button down for a little over 5 seconds seems to have cleared my remote and its working again.  The dog must have laid on the remote last night or something.

All Replies
Gold Problem Solver

Yes you need reset and "re-pair" the remote.
Expert

petecricket60 wrote:

My remote, XR11, for the infinity  thing stopped connecting with the box. It connects with the TV itself but not the cable box. Ive rebooted the box many times and have changed the remote's batteries. Is there an easy fix out there? 

adding... if you have installed fresh batteries but still no control, press and hold the remote's setup button until the LED on the remote changes from red to green. then type in the numbers 987 - that will put the remote in IR (infrared - must point remote toward the set top box) mode. channel up/down and pressing the OK button or Xfinity button will then cause the remote's LED to blink 'red' instead of green. Does the remote now work to control the set top box? if so, again press the setup button as before and when the red LED changes to green touch the Xfinity button and type the 3 numbers shown on the screen. That will put the set top box into RF mode again (aim anywhere, voice remote active). working normally now?

New Poster

Thank you, just holding the setup button down for a little over 5 seconds seems to have cleared my remote and its working again.  The dog must have laid on the remote last night or something.

New Poster

THANK YOU!  I can't believe this worked!  I've been using the remote app on my phone for a couple of months which is subpar. Then my daughter took my phone since hers was being repaired. I tried another video on YouTube but that didn't work.  Your info did!! 

@Rustyben wrote:

petecricket60 wrote:

adding... if you have installed fresh batteries but still no control, press and hold the remote's setup button until the LED on the remote changes from red to green. then type in the numbers 987 - that will put the remote in IR (infrared - must point remote toward the set top box) mode. channel up/down and pressing the OK button or Xfinity button will then cause the remote's LED to blink 'red' instead of green. Does the remote now work to control the set top box? if so, again press the setup button as before and when the red LED changes to green touch the Xfinity button and type the 3 numbers shown on the screen. That will put the set top box into RF mode again (aim anywhere, voice remote active). working normally now?