Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Remote/TV Lag and Freezing

New Poster

Remote/TV Lag and Freezing

When watching shows live or recorded on our main TV, there is such a big lag between the remote and tv, I would consider the whole system not functional. I’m currently trying to watch a basketball game, tried to rewind it and now tv has been frozen for about 5 minutes. Just one example of many over the past week.

We just got service (tv and mobile) switched over from AT&T about a week or two ago, so needless to say, this is very frustrating.

Any ideas on what the problem with my system might be? I tried re-pairing our remote, that seemed to work for a short time, but problem started again the next day. Could just be a coincidence though, not sure if that really helped anything.
Tags (1)
Service Expert

Re: Remote/TV Lag and Freezing

smithrj40 wrote:
When watching shows live or recorded on our main TV, there is such a big lag between the remote and tv, I would consider the whole system not functional. I’m currently trying to watch a basketball game, tried to rewind it and now tv has been frozen for about 5 minutes. Just one example of many over the past week.

We just got service (tv and mobile) switched over from AT&T about a week or two ago, so needless to say, this is very frustrating.

Any ideas on what the problem with my system might be? I tried re-pairing our remote, that seemed to work for a short time, but problem started again the next day. Could just be a coincidence though, not sure if that really helped anything.

call 800-Comcast and select cable TV, say 'agent' when offered verbal choices. after describing the problem ask the agent to run the Internal Troubleshooting Guide Einstein test. The normal 'lag' is 1/4 to 1/2 second.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation