Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Remote Control

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 151 of 1,022 (8,823 Views)

Re: Remote Control

Today, I have converted from FIOS to Comcast, and am not sure I am going to stay.    I have the new "x1" platform, and have several remote control concerns.  

In my primary viewing room I have a AV Receiver.  The X1 box is connected to the receiver via HDMI.  And the AV receiver outputs to my television via an HDMI output.

I would like to use ONE remote to control the following: 

1. Powering on and off all devices.  (TV, Cable box, receiver)

2. change and set channels cable boxes

3. Change volume which is controlled by the AV receiver.

The X1 Box seems to only turn on and off the TV and cble box.  Not the receiver.   Not a huge issue.

More importantly, the mute and volume controls seem to only be able to be assigned to TV.  There seems no way to over-ride it so these buttons on the remote control the AV receiver.

Am I correct.?  (The old Comcast remotes seemed tosupport his operation.) 

If it can't be done via the XR2 remote.  How about the remote being sold at the website.

If this doesn't work is there another. 

Candidly, this is something that may make me cancel before my 30 days is up and go back to FiOS.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 152 of 1,022 (8,819 Views)

The X1 boxes are designed to stay turned on 24-7. The remote will not turn them off.

The XR2's support of audio products is spotty and unpredictable. It runs my old Denon just fine. However it will not turn my 8 year old Harman Kardon off and it won't control anything on my brand new Marantz.

You need to program the XR2 to control your TV first, then audio products: http://customer.comcast.com/remotes/

You can always use the old silver remote...

I contend that anyone with a TV, source box and AV receiver should be looking at 3rd party universal remotes. A Harmony 650 (which can be had for $40-$50) is a FAR MORE capable remote than the XR2 is.  

If the limitations of the XR2 are enough for you to consider leaving Comcast you might make to make that move sooner than later. You are inevitably going to find more things about X1 you don't like. It won't end with the XR2 remote...

buyerclub2 wrote:

Today, I have converted from FIOS to Comcast, and am not sure I am going to stay.    I have the new "x1" platform, and have several remote control concerns.  

In my primary viewing room I have a AV Receiver.  The X1 box is connected to the receiver via HDMI.  And the AV receiver outputs to my television via an HDMI output.

I would like to use ONE remote to control the following: 

1. Powering on and off all devices.  (TV, Cable box, receiver)

2. change and set channels cable boxes

3. Change volume which is controlled by the AV receiver.

The X1 Box seems to only turn on and off the TV and cble box.  Not the receiver.   Not a huge issue.

More importantly, the mute and volume controls seem to only be able to be assigned to TV.  There seems no way to over-ride it so these buttons on the remote control the AV receiver.

Am I correct.?  (The old Comcast remotes seemed tosupport his operation.) 

If it can't be done via the XR2 remote.  How about the remote being sold at the website.

If this doesn't work is there another. 

Candidly, this is something that may make me cancel before my 30 days is up and go back to FiOS.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 153 of 1,022 (8,798 Views)

thanks for the help on the x2 remote.  I found codes that worked with my receiver and that solved that problem.   So I have to ask, what won't I like with X1?  

Posted by
Visitor

Message 154 of 1,022 (8,746 Views)

I am not sure if I have a question, or more a bone to pick with the Remote control designers.  I have Xfinity Everything.  There is not a channel I don't get, and I DVR all of the time.  SO My problem -there is a little back button to the left of the DVR button.  It looks like an arrow curving to the left.  This button is Great when viewing a program I've recorded on DVR, or if I am just watching regular TV on my DVR box.  I can select it and it rewinds the program 30 seconds.  But when I am watching something on ON DEMAND this SAME BUTTON rewinds back 10 full minutes!  HOW INSANE IS THAT?  Seriously One button - Two different functions?  It especially drives me crazy when ON DEMAND programs don't allow fast forwarding so I can not correct my mistake by simply fast forwarding.  I am Stuck, now 10 minutes behind instead of 30 seconds.  WHY OH WHY would you do this? I am hoping against hope that there is a setting I can change, because otherwise this is foolish programming.  

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 155 of 1,022 (8,733 Views)

gasunflower wrote:

I am not sure if I have a question, or more a bone to pick with the Remote control designers.  I have Xfinity Everything.  There is not a channel I don't get, and I DVR all of the time.  SO My problem -there is a little back button to the left of the DVR button.  It looks like an arrow curving to the left.  This button is Great when viewing a program I've recorded on DVR, or if I am just watching regular TV on my DVR box.  I can select it and it rewinds the program 30 seconds.  But when I am watching something on ON DEMAND this SAME BUTTON rewinds back 10 full minutes!  HOW INSANE IS THAT?  Seriously One button - Two different functions?  It especially drives me crazy when ON DEMAND programs don't allow fast forwarding so I can not correct my mistake by simply fast forwarding.  I am Stuck, now 10 minutes behind instead of 30 seconds.  WHY OH WHY would you do this? I am hoping against hope that there is a setting I can change, because otherwise this is foolish programming.  

the X1 remotes do not have a 'DVR' button did you post on the wrong forum area? you can see the remotes at 

http://customer.comcast.com/remotes/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 156 of 1,022 (11,107 Views)

Re: X1 Remote and IR / Harmony Remote.

I have yet another question. How can I program a button on the harmony One to skip ahead 30 seconds on the DVR?

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 157 of 1,022 (11,101 Views)

You aren't changing anything on your Harmony. You need to reprogram your X1 box. Point the remote at the box and hit EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030. Sometimes you may need to hit enter as well..

The PAGE+ will now service as the 30 second skip. I always program the PAGE+ function into the FORWARD SKIP location on my Harmony remotes... Then the FORWARD SCAN and 30 SECOND SKIP are right next to each other on the Harmony.

Manta6624 wrote:

I have yet another question. How can I program a button on the harmony One to skip ahead 30 seconds on the DVR?

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 158 of 1,022 (8,627 Views)

My remote works to turn my TV off and on. When I select buttons to control my x1 box the lights flash like it accepts the signal but nothing happens. This occurs on both of my Ty's. IBatteries are new. The only thing that 'sometimes works is to reboot the box. It started out as an intermittent issue but now it's happening 90% of the time. Any ideas?
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 159 of 1,022 (8,614 Views)

A9uilar wrote:
My remote works to turn my TV off and on. When I select buttons to control my x1 box the lights flash like it accepts the signal but nothing happens. This occurs on both of my Ty's. IBatteries are new. The only thing that 'sometimes works is to reboot the box. It started out as an intermittent issue but now it's happening 90% of the time. Any ideas?

when you press channel UP or channel Down the top center button glows. what color(s) do you see on each keypress? Do you have multiple X1 equipment?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 160 of 1,022 (11,085 Views)

I read about that on a different forum, but I thought it was only for the X1 remote. You came through yet again. Initially I moved the Page soft keys to the screen, but then I realized what you meant did as you suggested. Made the skip/chapter buttons the skip buttons. What does it take to get platinum problem solver status. You seem to know everything about these these things. Thanks again.
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 161 of 1,022 (11,081 Views)

Manta,

Thank you. I am in the AV industry. I programmed Harmony and URC universal remotes for family, friends, customers and myself. I have programmed over 300 universal remotes. I believe in making AV systems as easy and foolproof as possible. A properly programmed universal remote can make ones life SOOOOOO much easier. I must admit that I often laugh when people complain about the XR2 and it's lack of capabilities. It's because I know just how much better and easier a properly programmed universal remote can make things. I really wish people in this forum would open their minds to better remotes...

The Harmony 900 is currently my universal remote of choice. I have three of them. Even though my three X1 systems are entirely different, I have my Harmony 900s programmed so they operate EXACTLY the same from the remote. If you learn one of them, you have learned them all. My significant other (who will freely admit she is one of the most electronically literate people on the planet... she isn't but I will let her think that) absolutely loves our Harmony 900s. I now have all three of them set up fully RF so it makes no difference if you look at the remote or not when you use it and it makes no difference where you point it.

Thanks again Manta. If anybody else in this forum would like help with universal remotes (or any other AV issues) feel free to look me up.

Manta6624 wrote:
I read about that on a different forum, but I thought it was only for the X1 remote. You came through yet again. Initially I moved the Page soft keys to the screen, but then I realized what you meant did as you suggested. Made the skip/chapter buttons the skip buttons. What does it take to get platinum problem solver status. You seem to know everything about these these things. Thanks again.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 162 of 1,022 (8,595 Views)

I recently began having a problem where the 30 sec skip stops working in the last 10 min or so of a show.  I can do 30 sec skips just fine until about the last 10 min of the show I'm watching.  It worked fine for the first several months I've had the system but now this starts.  I've tried reprogramming the remote/box several times, but the problem persists. Anyone have any ideas?

Posted by
Edited on
‎11-13-2014 09:08 PM

Visitor

Message 163 of 1,022 (11,067 Views)

[ Edited ]

Just had X1 installed today and Harmony 900 is about 90% on track.  Works with Denon receiver, Sumsung BD, X1 box but for some reason I can't use it to turn off or on the Samsung UN55070000LF television both in All Off/On and in devices.  Also am getting warning that Blaster is not responding. I don't have blaster installed as all components are within line of site.  Any ideas?  Can do most everything except turn tv on and off.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 164 of 1,022 (11,061 Views)

You may not have a blaster installed but your 900 thinks you do. On your remote you need to go into OPTIONS>RF SYSTEM SETTINGS>REMOVE BLASTER...

robkinn wrote:

Just had X1 installed today and Harmony 900 is about 90% on track.  Works with Denon receiver, Sumsung BD, X1 box but for some reason I can't use it to turn off or on the Samsung UN55070000LF television both in All Off/On and in devices.  Also am getting warning that Blaster is not responding. I don't have blaster installed as all components are within line of site.  Any ideas?  Can do most everything except turn tv on and off.

Posted by
Edited on
‎11-13-2014 09:37 PM

Visitor

Message 165 of 1,022 (11,059 Views)

[ Edited ]

using harmony remote software v 7.7....feel stupid but where is OPTIONS>RF SYSTEM SETTINGS>REMOVE BLASTER?  found it....blaster had not been added yet, but needed to add RF to tv

RickGr4 wrote:

You may not have a blaster installed but your 900 thinks you do. On your remote you need to go into OPTIONS>RF SYSTEM SETTINGS>REMOVE BLASTER...

robkinn wrote:

ut I did have to add the tv to RF.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 166 of 1,022 (11,051 Views)

Nooooono,

What you are looking for is on the remote itself, not the software...

Actually you need to go into OPTIONS>RF SYSTEM SETTINGS>DEVICE ASSIGNMENTS and instruct each device in your system that you aren't controlling it with a blaster... It's easy.

robkinn wrote:

using harmony remote software v 7.7....feel stupid but where is OPTIONS>RF SYSTEM SETTINGS>REMOVE BLASTER?  found it....blaster had not been added yet, nut I did have to add the tv to RF.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 167 of 1,022 (8,527 Views)

I am having the same problem with both my DVR box and my HD box. All of a sudden (started a few days ago) my box stops responding to my remote. I see the light flash on the box but nothing hapopens. It is impossible to restart the device because it seems to be stuck.

On my HD box, if I power it down by either holding the power button or unplugging, it goes through the restart, gets to "connecting to your X1 experience" and says it san't contact the service and I need to unplug for 10 seconds. After doing this 3-4 times it will finally get a TV channel. Then the remote stops working. After leaving it overnight it starts working again. For a while, anyway.

I am having a similar problem with the DVR box. It works fine for a while, then the remote stops working for 5-10 minutes, then sometimes starts working again and tries to catch up. And a couple of time, when this happens and I have been able to restart the DVR, when it scomes up by picture is all blue tinted. I restart again, and have no sound (or once, no picture with sound) After restarting again it worked OK. But then, after a few minutes, the remote started acting up again.

If this keeps up I am going to try and cancel the X1 and go back to the old system, if I can. Otherwise I may cancel the TV due to technical difficulties and go with satelite.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 168 of 1,022 (8,505 Views)

Programming My Remote (XR2) to my Apex TV, Help!

Hello,
I have tried following the online directions for trying to program my remote (XR2) to my tv but the ONE code (10765) you have for the APEX brand television ISNT working. Even the technician when we got it installed couldn't get it to work. It's a big hassle Everytime you need to turn on/off the tv or volume up/down you have to get up and do it by hand. Is there another code unlisted? Or is there a universal remote type way to do this? Has anyone else had this issue with the remote never being able to be programmed with your tv?

Thanks!
Mike
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 169 of 1,022 (8,507 Views)

Re: Programming My Remote (XR2) to my Apex TV, Help!

Mdonahue978 wrote:
Hello,
I have tried following the online directions for trying to program my remote (XR2) to my tv but the ONE code (10765) you have for the APEX brand television ISNT working. Even the technician when we got it installed couldn't get it to work. It's a big hassle Everytime you need to turn on/off the tv or volume up/down you have to get up and do it by hand. Is there another code unlisted? Or is there a universal remote type way to do this? Has anyone else had this issue with the remote never being able to be programmed with your tv?

Thanks!
Mike

10879, 10748, 10767, 11991, 10890, 10889, 11531, 10156

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 170 of 1,022 (8,506 Views)

carl5056 wrote:

I am having the same problem with both my DVR box and my HD box. All of a sudden (started a few days ago) my box stops responding to my remote. I see the light flash on the box but nothing hapopens. It is impossible to restart the device because it seems to be stuck.

On my HD box, if I power it down by either holding the power button or unplugging, it goes through the restart, gets to "connecting to your X1 experience" and says it san't contact the service and I need to unplug for 10 seconds. After doing this 3-4 times it will finally get a TV channel. Then the remote stops working. After leaving it overnight it starts working again. For a while, anyway.

I am having a similar problem with the DVR box. It works fine for a while, then the remote stops working for 5-10 minutes, then sometimes starts working again and tries to catch up. And a couple of time, when this happens and I have been able to restart the DVR, when it scomes up by picture is all blue tinted. I restart again, and have no sound (or once, no picture with sound) After restarting again it worked OK. But then, after a few minutes, the remote started acting up again.

If this keeps up I am going to try and cancel the X1 and go back to the old system, if I can. Otherwise I may cancel the TV due to technical difficulties and go with satelite.

If you have had no issues before than either there are signal issues( that are new) or a server is having issues.......

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 171 of 1,022 (8,661 Views)

Premium Backlit Remote for free?

Is Comcast giving out for free the new Backlit remote yet either by calling them or in there locall Comcast centers?

http://store.comcast.com/premium-backlit-remote/detail.php?p=628532

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 172 of 1,022 (8,638 Views)

Re: Premium Backlit Remote for free?

Roughly 6 to 8 weeks ago I stopped in a Comcast retail location and asked about XR5 or any other step up remotes. They didn't know what I was talking about...

I highly doubt Comcast is giving these away...

gate1975mlm wrote:

Is Comcast giving out for free the new Backlit remote yet either by calling them or in there locall Comcast centers?

Posted by
Edited on
‎11-22-2014 12:50 PM

Official Employee

Message 173 of 1,022 (8,607 Views)

[ Edited ]
They come packaged with the new XI3 terminal. I would wait a few weeks as these get out there more and check at your local service centre for the possibility of getting one.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 174 of 1,022 (8,599 Views)

gate1975mlm wrote:

Sorry to give you the bad news but, NO, Comcast is NOT offering the XR5 Remote for "free".

If only this were true!

Having a little time on my hands this morning, curiosity piqued, I gave Comcast a call and, after being transferred between three departments, none of which had any inkling of what I was talking about, ended up speaking with X1 Customer Account Representative "Jason" who also had no idea what I was talking about, and after investigating himself, came back with the bad news that the only way to obtain the XR5 Remote was to purchase it from Comcast (ref: the link in the first post above), or, as posted by ComcastAndrew: "They come packaged with the new XI3 terminal".

Don't waste your time calling Comcast about this, they're busy working on other issues.

GeneL Smiley Happy

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 175 of 1,022 (8,387 Views)

They have them in the Comcast Online Store.  I bought one there.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 176 of 1,022 (7,491 Views)

ENHANCEMENT REQUEST - DVR Button

Just got upgraded to X1 today, and there are some glaring growing pains.  One of which is the remote functionality, or lack thereof.  Is there an enhancement request thread somewhere?  Whoever did the huristics for this this should get fired.  Anyway, old remote had one button which took me to DVR.  New remote needs 3 steps (guide, scroll to saved, then enter).  Small difference, but wrong direction.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 177 of 1,022 (7,441 Views)

Re: ENHANCEMENT REQUEST - DVR Button

zzzstolenzzz wrote:

Just got upgraded to X1 today, and there are some glaring growing pains.  One of which is the remote functionality, or lack thereof.  Is there an enhancement request thread somewhere?  Whoever did the huristics for this this should get fired.  Anyway, old remote had one button which took me to DVR.  New remote needs 3 steps (guide, scroll to saved, then enter).  Small difference, but wrong direction.

it is not just a DVR like the old legacy boxes. It has APPs. You can use a general purpose remote to do what you want like a harmony 650. others here can explain if you are interested.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 178 of 1,022 (7,438 Views)

One of Comcast's main goals when they designed X1 was to simplify the remote and remove buttons. The "My DVR" button and "FAVS" button were causalities of that design process. In this regard, a programmable remote like a Harmony will not help because X1 boxes do not respond to any My DVR or Favs command I have been able to find.

I think anyone that has an X1 box, TV, AV receiver and Blu-ray player is making a HUGE mistake if they don't consider a remote like a Harmony 650, but a 650 will not solve stolen's concern. Comcast would need to add the My DVR command back to X1 boxes (I am sure it would be easy to do) but we have seen no evidence they are interested in doing that.

I would consider the My DVR button to be history...

zzzstolenzzz wrote:

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 179 of 1,022 (7,413 Views)

RickGr4 wrote:

One of Comcast's main goals when they designed X1 was to simplify the remote and remove buttons. The "My DVR" button and "FAVS" button were causalities of that design process. In this regard, a programmable remote like a Harmony will not help because X1 boxes do not respond to any My DVR or Favs command I have been able to find.

I think anyone that has an X1 box, TV, AV receiver and Blu-ray player is making a HUGE mistake if they don't consider a remote like a Harmony 650, but a 650 will not solve stolen's concern. Comcast would need to add the My DVR command back to X1 boxes (I am sure it would be easy to do) but we have seen no evidence they are interested in doing that.

I would consider the My DVR button to be history...

zzzstolenzzz wrote:

I've got a harmony 650 that son programs for us 'remotely' using a pc and usb cord. He set up a soft button on the screen for mydvr (just presses exit-xfinity-enter (it assumes you have looked at the recording list as last function).

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 180 of 1,022 (7,382 Views)

@rickgr4: you said, "I would consider the My DVR button to be history..."
Quite the contrary on this. I'm actually working for new discrete functions for use with 3rd party controls. These could include things like DVR, Settings, On Demand, etc. Tip: I've already had two discrete commands added that can ONLY be used with a 3rd party remote...power ON and power OFF (not toggle). These commands work today for every X1 set top!

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

Posted by
Edited on
‎11-25-2014 10:43 PM

Silver Problem Solver

Message 181 of 1,022 (7,377 Views)

[ Edited ]

Neal,

I stumbled across an X1 power off command by accident. So I know it can be done. I think it would be FANTASTIC if Comcast would make all of these discrete commands available again. I felt it would not be hard to do...

When and how can I test them???

THANK YOU!!!

ComcastNeal wrote:
@rickgr4: you said, "I would consider the My DVR button to be history..."
Quite the contrary on this. I'm actually working for new discrete functions for use with 3rd party controls. These could include things like DVR, Settings, On Demand, etc. Tip: I've already had two discrete commands added that can ONLY be used with a 3rd party remote...power ON and power OFF (not toggle). These commands work today for every X1 set top!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 182 of 1,022 (7,343 Views)

The goal of the request is to make this functionality available on the equipment that is given to the customer.  Needing to buy a 3rd party remote defeats the purpose.  Now, if there was a way to program the generally useless A,B,C, or D buttons of the X2 remote to functions that are usefull (ie DVR, 30 Second Skip, etc), I think the customer base would greatly appreciate it.  Low hanging fruit.

Posted by
Edited on
‎11-26-2014 09:33 AM

Valued Contributor

Message 183 of 1,022 (7,339 Views)

[ Edited ]
30 second skip is available today via page up and page down. Press EXIT-EXIT-EXIT-0-0-3-0 and your remote will skip back and ahead 30 seconds using page up and page down. As for other button reassignments, this is also possible today. I will create a new remote thread in the next week to touch on all remote options.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 184 of 1,022 (7,334 Views)

ComcastNeal wrote:
30 second skip is available today via page up and page down. Press EXIT-EXIT-EXIT-0-0-3-0 and your remote will skip back and ahead 30 seconds using page up and page down. As for other button reassignments, this is also possible today. I will create a new remote thread in the next week to touch on all remote options.

um well i would reconsider the 'name' since it is not the remote you are 'programming' but the set top box (albeit using the remote to do the setting).

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 185 of 1,022 (7,331 Views)

ComcastNeal wrote:

the 30 second 'forward will not work during the last 5 minutes of the recording since the 'code' doesn't know other than 5 minute advances and that would be past end of recorded time in the file.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 186 of 1,022 (7,329 Views)

It will actually be more of a platform tips and tricks thread which will include remote functions.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 187 of 1,022 (7,325 Views)

I just tested your theory on a recorded asset on my DVR. I fast forwarded to the end of the asset. At 5 minutes left I started pressing page up and was able to go 30 seconds at a time all the way to the end of the asset. Where are you seeing the issue and on what type of box?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 188 of 1,022 (7,316 Views)

ComcastNeal wrote:
I just tested your theory on a recorded asset on my DVR. I fast forwarded to the end of the asset. At 5 minutes left I started pressing page up and was able to go 30 seconds at a time all the way to the end of the asset. Where are you seeing the issue and on what type of box?

I don't use the feature myself but it has come up in many customer reports in threads. The reported issue is the page-up quits working in last 5 minutes (when at 30 second hops it would have room to work). so on an hour setting at position example 56 minutes the page up would not advance and is ignored. 

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 189 of 1,022 (6,615 Views)

Neal,

Speaking for my three Arris DVRs, this issue is quite real... 30 second skip does not work in the last 5 minutes which is one reason I try to remember to add at least five minutes to ALL of my recordings.

RG

ComcastNeal wrote:

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 190 of 1,022 (6,614 Views)

ComcastNeal wrote:

It happens on my PACE STB when I try to 30 second skip wihtin the last 5 minutes of ANY recorded show....

I'm adding this because I do not know if this is directly for the DVR or if in fact it replicates itself to the STBs as well...

-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 191 of 1,022 (6,605 Views)

Yep, knew about that but it replaces the 5 minute skip (on the old box/remote I had both).  As for reassigning a DVR button to the ABCD buttons, sounds like a solution is in progress.  Nice!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 192 of 1,022 (7,573 Views)

how do you like it?  worth the money?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 193 of 1,022 (7,557 Views)

I liked them so much I bought a second one for my other X1 DVR.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 194 of 1,022 (7,538 Views)

Anyone else having an issue with their remote not working? After trying to pair remote with X1 DVR box, replacing with new batteries, I still can not get the remote to work. Each time I push the set up, wait for the light to turn from red to green, then the Xfinity button, I only get to the Xfinity set up menu. Tried to exit and nothing. Tried the "unplug and wait 30 seconds" trick and nothing. MY question... Is Comcast having yet another issue with the X1? OH... tried changing remotes as well. What's up with this???

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 195 of 1,022 (7,433 Views)

Im have the same issue. The Volume works, I can shut the TV off but thats it. My cable box is stuck on Nickolodean.  I even left the batteries out over night hoping it would reset. Nothing, Havent been able to watch TV in 3 days now. 

Trying set up just locks the screen up.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 196 of 1,022 (7,431 Views)

catkinson2008 wrote:

Anyone else having an issue with their remote not working? After trying to pair remote with X1 DVR box, replacing with new batteries, I still can not get the remote to work. Each time I push the set up, wait for the light to turn from red to green, then the Xfinity button, I only get to the Xfinity set up menu. Tried to exit and nothing. Tried the "unplug and wait 30 seconds" trick and nothing. MY question... Is Comcast having yet another issue with the X1? OH... tried changing remotes as well. What's up with this???

when you press the up channel on your remote what color does the LED power button display? (red/green/red&green). When you say the xFinity setup menu do you mean the 'what's new recordings ondemand..' menu?

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 197 of 1,022 (7,427 Views)

AdamR78 wrote:

Im have the same issue. The Volume works, I can shut the TV off but thats it. My cable box is stuck on Nickolodean.  I even left the batteries out over night hoping it would reset. Nothing, Havent been able to watch TV in 3 days now. 

Trying set up just locks the screen up.

first, if you have s smart phone download and login (and pick the x1 device) to the xFinity X1 Remote app. it will change the DVR channels turn on/off closed caption etc (3 pages of remote commands).

On your remote, press channel up. What color LED lights up on the remote power button (red/green/red&green)

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 198 of 1,022 (7,425 Views)

Pressing anythging on the remote gets you a red light.  When you press the set up button I get a pop up that says X1 Help and Support, go to on demand and select Xfinity servies which I cant to because the remote doesnt work

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 199 of 1,022 (7,410 Views)

AdamR78 wrote:

Pressing anythging on the remote gets you a red light.  When you press the set up button I get a pop up that says X1 Help and Support, go to on demand and select Xfinity servies which I cant to because the remote doesnt work

as long as you pressed (for the test) a dvr only button (chan up) the red LED on the power button says that the remote is not yet rf paired (like to another device). It should work via IR then if the front of the X1 equipment is not blocked. Is it working via IR completely now?

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Edited on
‎11-30-2014 08:27 PM

Frequent Visitor

Message 200 of 1,022 (7,403 Views)

[ Edited ]

It worked fine for a month then just stopped working. What do you mean is it working via IR. Its not working at all. It will control the TVs volume and will shut the TV off/turn it one. It will not control the box at all.