New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Remote Control

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 1001 of 1,024

There appears to be certain Yamaha models where there is no code that will both turn the receiver on and off. I used to have an eight year old RX-V863 and I never found a code that would both turn the receiver on and off.

I suspect this is because certain Yamaha receivers respond to only "discreet" power commands but the X1 remotes offer only "toggle" power commands. Most newer AV receivers respond to both types of power commands.

You might want to consider a 3rd party universal remote such as a Harmony 650. They are vastly more capable than any of the X1 remotes.

You could always search this forum for "Yamaha". Your concern has been discussed often.

Teese wrote:

I have been through all 16 identified Yamaha codes for my XR11 to permit it to operate my Yamaha HTR6130, and have found several that will enable the Volume and permit the All Power button to turn it Off ... but no code will permit All Power will not turn it On. Since my Yamaha remote has separate Standby (Off) and Power (On) buttons, I assume I'm facing a "descrete command" difficulty mentioned in other posts ... but no thread or post had a solution.

Is there a way to leave my present Yamaha code in place (i.e., successfully  using "All Power" to turn the TV & X1 On/Off and the Yamaha Off) and [re]code the XR11 to turn the Yamaha On with the XR11's TV Power button? That would save me having to keep the second remote handy just to turn On the Yamaha.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1002 of 1,024

RIckGr4

Thanks, searching the forum is indeed how I landed on recognizing the Yamaha problem arising from its discrete (I'm sticking with that spelling) power commands ... and hoping against hope that a card-carrying Comcast/Infinity staffer could offer some sort of hope playing with the XR11's TV button (particularly if on re-checking I landed on a code opposite of the partially successful ones that I've come across ... i.e., that would control Volume and only turn the Yamaha On).  That would permit me to power up everything with a two-button sequence on the remote, and shut down with a single button.  For a total non-geek like me, that sounds feasible with creative tweaking, as in "How come I can't xxxxx to the yyyyy?"

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1003 of 1,024

OK, this is an old thread but it appears to be about similiar issues, I have the latest X1 small box model # PR150BNC remote XR5 v4-R.  I just purchased the Harmony ultimate home universal and it controls all of my denon equipment, samsung tv but it will not control the X1 box?  I put the make "Xfinity" and both correct model above "pr150bnc" and "X1" and it still will not control the channels either via touch screen or channel up/down.  Can someone provide assistance?

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 1004 of 1,024
When I program my Harmony remotes for X1 I enter the make as Xfinity and the model as XG1 A.

Harmonys database will install the correct IR codes.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 1005 of 1,024

Rick thanks for the quick response, but no bueno for me.  guide, info, ch/pg up/down does not work.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1006 of 1,024

Thank you for suggesting to look up the Xfinity name for the Arris box! I've spent the entire holiday weekend trying to come up with a solution. I **NEVER** thought to look up the name 'Xfinity'! Precisely why I hate any proprietary electronics!  This pretty much solved my issues to activate the PVR- Xfinity X1 DVR box to be controlled by my very old Harmony 880 remote. I might have to tweak a few things. It's not set up like the Legacy platform, which was superior to me. But at least I can ditch the voice remote and have everything operate like I want it to. I HATE the Xfinity remote, using two remotes, and am getting ready to ditch all of it. Having one remote and NO box is what I'm going for. Now if the Harmony remote would get rid of the "mother ship" DVR boxes, which if it goes out then ALL of the other TV's in the house go out, too, then I would be thrilled.

If anyone has a solution to an easier way to watch TV, cheaper, HD, and not paying ANY cable company, I would be grateful. Following this thread with great hope.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1007 of 1,024

Completely not true. You might lose the voice feature, but everything else is working on my very old Harmony 880 remote.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1008 of 1,024
After searching a million codes I finally found 1 that works. 10765. I hope this helps someone else and they don't have to spend a hour trying codes
Posted by
Visitor

Message 1009 of 1,024

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to program the xr11 Xfinity Voice Remote to control volume using the MCM IR Volume Control (found here):

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/MCM-CUSTOM-AUDIO-50-8394-/50-8394

I've found some hex codes for the device, which you can see at the above link, but I have no idea how to convert that or put them into the x1 remote in a way that it will understand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 1010 of 1,024

There is no way for the X1 remotes to "learn" new commands or modify the commands it already has. They are never going to work with your volume control.

You sound like a really good candidate for a 3rd party universal remote. Harmony 650 is available for roughly $60 and would do everything you need it to do and much more.

rfiorentino wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to program the xr11 Xfinity Voice Remote to control volume using the MCM IR Volume Control (found here):

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/MCM-CUSTOM-AUDIO-50-8394-/50-8394

I've found some hex codes for the device, which you can see at the above link, but I have no idea how to convert that or put them into the x1 remote in a way that it will understand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1011 of 1,024

How do I program my X2 remote to control my 40" ATYME tv?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 1012 of 1,024

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Remote-Control/td-p/2339801

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 1013 of 1,024
Posted by
Visitor

Message 1014 of 1,024
Try using the code "12746". It worked for my 50" Atyme tv and I found the code from someone asking about his 32" Atyme, so hopefully it'll work with your 40 inch tv.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1015 of 1,024

with my remote i spend more time pressing buttons than i do watching tv. why cant INFO give me one page with cast,date or episode instead of pressing more buttons to get there. how about LAST being the last instead of pressing more buttons. if its 6 oclock and i want to see whats on at 9 oclock, the guide works fine if i scroll down the channels but if i enter a channel it brings me back to 6 oclock, now more buttons to press.  more important is ive had this service less than  a year and im going thru my fourth set of batteries. now if im going thru at least 8 batteries a year and there are millions of users then thats a huge load of batteries some people will throw out into landfills. i cant think of anything worse the average person can throw away than batteries. they contain some mean badass chemicals.  oh i forgot the illuminating remote, seriously,  i can read the buttons better from the light my tv gives off than these buttons. every time you move the thing it lights up again battery usage. i know this isnt exactly a question and i will get off my soapbox but i had to say something.    thank you      ron 

Posted by
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Message 1016 of 1,024

I had a message that I had 30%. I changed the batteries and I still have 30%.What's up.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 1017 of 1,024

ogb wrote:

I had a message that I had 30%. I changed the batteries and I still have 30%.What's up.

have 2 remotes that are RF paired with that set top box? have a good battery tester (checks them under 'load')?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor
Visitor

Message 1018 of 1,024

Why do the set top boxes stay on constantly? 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 1019 of 1,024

M5b wrote:

Why do the set top boxes stay on constantly? 

x1 set top boxes are very energy efficient and are designed to be 'on' all the time. you can go into settings and turn off the LED power indicator as well as turn off the clock display (if you like).

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1020 of 1,024

After doing a Google search on energy saving of Comcast set top boxes it appears you can save about 2 watts per hour on average by using the sleep mode on the X1 boxes. Some people using test instruments have found saving up to 10 watts per hour when in the sleep mode, but I am guessing this is probably on older boxes. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 1021 of 1,024
i have silver comcast remote [red ok], dch70 box and tosiba 55 inch tv. remote turns off box and tv in tv mode; but when i use tv as computer monitor via hdmi input, remote only turns off cable box but not tv. any solution? thanks
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 1022 of 1,024
Sounds like a setting in the Toshiba menu...
Posted by
Visitor

Message 1023 of 1,024

Thank you @RickGr4.  I did this and it appears to be working properly. 

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 1024 of 1,024

Not sure what I did to help you but thank you...

looter wrote:

Thank you @RickGr4.  I did this and it appears to be working properly.