Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,681,342

members

55

online now

1,850,243

discussions

Back to Top

Remote Control

SOLVED
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 50 of 1,025
59,282 Views

I am just getting familiar with the My Harmony web site. I don't mind it however it takes my longer to do some of the customizations I like to do and I believe there is s a few tweaking options missing.

 


RobertWy wrote:

RickGr4 wrote:

If you are programming a new Harmony will "force" you to use the My Harmony website with any of the current remotes including the 650. However if you originally programmed a 650 using the 7.7  software, I believe you can still program your existing remote or a replacement with the software. When programming an existing 650 or a replacement 650 remote there is a way to skip being forced to the My Harmony web site.

That being said Robert, now might be a good time for you to learn the My Harmony site. It's different but it's not too bad...

 


RobertWy wrote:

Hmm.  I had to replace my receiver because of a storm last week.  When I tried to program my 650, I was led to the download link for MyHarmony.  It appears Logitech is suggesting we use it instead of the web site.


 

 

 

 


I was reprogramming my 650 when the web site directed me to the MyHarmony download link.  I am now using it instead of the web site to program my 650.

 

I may not have been very clear.


 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 51 of 1,025
59,268 Views

RickGr4 -

Thanks for the info.  I will do the setup Thur. morning befoer the tech gets here (will be using it before that with the old Com Box).  I will post back and let you know how everything turns out. 

By the way when I bought the laptop with Win 8 about a year and a half ago I too hated Win 8 and within a couple of weeks installed the Win 7 shell and have been using it ever since.  Just wasn't sure if it mattered for purposes of the Harmony One.  I will use the older laptop with Win 7 in any case.  Again thanks.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 52 of 1,025
16,644 Views

You are welcome. Happy to help. We seem to have some appreciative newbies joining the forum over the past week. I can't say the same for the prior week...

 

It might matter because I have no idea how the Harmony software will behave if you have any "Metro Tiles" open. To honest with you, I have all of my computers (except for the laptop I am currently writing this on) dual booting Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. Given a choice, I always run the Harmony software on Windows 7 but it certainly works on Windows 8.1.

 


chuckebabe wrote:

RickGr4 -

Thanks for the info.  I will do the setup Thur. morning befoer the tech gets here (will be using it before that with the old Com Box).  I will post back and let you know how everything turns out. 

By the way when I bought the laptop with Win 8 about a year and a half ago I too hated Win 8 and within a couple of weeks installed the Win 7 shell and have been using it ever since.  Just wasn't sure if it mattered for purposes of the Harmony One.  I will use the older laptop with Win 7 in any case.  Again thanks.


 

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 53 of 1,025
16,643 Views

Hey Rick,

 

Just wanted to clear something else up. In other threads people have brought up the issue that the new X1 box is RF controlled and the IR is not activated, is that the case? Am I missing the step to get the new box to accept the IR commands? My X1 will still only respond to the "XR2" rf remote it came with. Thank you again for all your help

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 54 of 1,025
16,633 Views

Tim1968 wrote:

Hey Rick,

 

Just wanted to clear something else up. In other threads people have brought up the issue that the new X1 box is RF controlled and the IR is not activated, is that the case? Am I missing the step to get the new box to accept the IR commands? My X1 will still only respond to the "XR2" rf remote it came with. Thank you again for all your help


If you pair it it will use IR.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY7xvV-myBs

 

Q: Do I need to have the remote control pointed directly at the set-top box?

A: No, with the new remote control for XFINITY TV remote control you do not need to point directly at the set-top box. Your remote control is Radio Frequency capable (RF) which allows you to control the set-top box with much more flexibility than in the past. See instructions on the back of the remote to pair your remote to your set-top box for RF usage.

 

https://x1.comcast.net/webportal/web?q=faqs.html




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 55 of 1,025
16,624 Views

The X1 DVR will respond to both IR and RF commands. Other than RF pairing the XR2 remote to your X1 DVR there is nothing you need to do. The IR commands can come from the XR2 remote or any other properly programmed universal remote. However it is important to know that the X1 DVR will directly respond to RF commands from ONLY the XR2 remote. I believe the XR2 remote use Zigbee for RF commands, but nobody seems to know for sure.

Tim, what you need to understand here is I despise the XR2 remote and I have mine stashed away. I don't use them. I think there are so many better solutions available than the XR2, especially if you have outboard audio components. I have three Harmony 900 remotes currently controlling the three systems in my home that have X1 boxes installed. I could not be happier with my 900s... My significant other loves the 900s...

Hope this helps...

PS The X1 Companion boxes DO NOT respond to RF commands however there is an OPTIONAL adapter coming soon that will allow them to respond to RF.


Tim1968 wrote:

Hey Rick,

 

Just wanted to clear something else up. In other threads people have brought up the issue that the new X1 box is RF controlled and the IR is not activated, is that the case? Am I missing the step to get the new box to accept the IR commands? My X1 will still only respond to the "XR2" rf remote it came with. Thank you again for all your help





 

 

 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 56 of 1,025
16,598 Views

I'm currently using the Ultimate remote/hub combo with my X1 and it works very well.  I'm happy with it.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 57 of 1,025
16,593 Views

Since I had to replace my TX-NR609 a/v receiver with a TX-NR626 (no THX) I haven;t had to use my 650 remote.  I have the backlit remote and I no longer have to switch sources when I turn on my system.

 

BUT, the XR5 seems more sluggish than the 650.  I may have to go back to using the 650.  My wife pefers her XR2 to the 650.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 58 of 1,025
16,580 Views

RobertWy wrote:

Since I had to replace my TX-NR609 a/v receiver with a TX-NR626 (no THX) I haven;t had to use my 650 remote.  I have the backlit remote and I no longer have to switch sources when I turn on my system.

 

BUT, the XR5 seems more sluggish than the 650.  I may have to go back to using the 650.  My wife pefers her XR2 to the 650.


Do you have anything more than a TV and receiver?  I've got:

 

Sony KDL-52XBR6 TV

Denon AVR-3808CI receiver

Sony PS4

Xbox One

X1 box (duh)

Apple TV

Oppo BDP-103D

Logitech Squeezebox

 

...and my Harmony controls all of them just fine.  Smiley Happy  

 

I had the 650, and it was ok. The Harmony One is a great remote, but now that all of my gear is in a very nice cabinet with solid doors I needed an RF-based solution, so the Ultimate + Hub works for me.  

 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 59 of 1,025
16,566 Views

No, I'm not in your league.  I do have a PS/3 and a 3D BluRay player that came with my Samnsung UN60D7000.

 


JakiChan wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

Since I had to replace my TX-NR609 a/v receiver with a TX-NR626 (no THX) I haven;t had to use my 650 remote.  I have the backlit remote and I no longer have to switch sources when I turn on my system.

 

BUT, the XR5 seems more sluggish than the 650.  I may have to go back to using the 650.  My wife pefers her XR2 to the 650.


Do you have anything more than a TV and receiver?  I've got:

 

Sony KDL-52XBR6 TV

Denon AVR-3808CI receiver

Sony PS4

Xbox One

X1 box (duh)

Apple TV

Oppo BDP-103D

Logitech Squeezebox

 

...and my Harmony controls all of them just fine.  Smiley Happy  

 

I had the 650, and it was ok. The Harmony One is a great remote, but now that all of my gear is in a very nice cabinet with solid doors I needed an RF-based solution, so the Ultimate + Hub works for me.  

 


 




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 60 of 1,025
16,553 Views

Thanks Rick -

I did the download and setup for the Harmony One on Thur. morning before the tech from Comcast arrived.  After he was done I used the remote and it worked perfectly.  In fact the Comcast tech was so impressed with the H One he wanted to know all about it and where I got it. I did tell him that I thought it has been redesigned and from what I have read on here that the redesign wasn't as intuitive as the original.  Told him to go check it out anyway.  Again a big Thank You!

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 61 of 1,025
16,549 Views

You are more than welcome.

Harmony One's and 900's are discontinued. That is a darn shame. They are truly great remotes. That being said, they can be found refurbished on ebay for reasonable prices. I recently bought three refurbished 900's for roughly $160 each and I could not be happier. I have them programmed so even though I have three entirely different systems with X1 boxes, from the remote they are controlled EXACTLY the same. You learn one, you have learned them all. My girlfriend could not be happier (well actually she could be LOL).

I am not trying to pick a fight with anyone here but I DO NOT care for some of the newer Harmony remotes, especially the Ultimate and the Ultimate One. The reason is very simple. The 0-9 buttons are on the touchscreen which means you need to look at the remote every time you want to directly change a channel or access a favorite. I want the 0-9 buttons to be "hard buttons" so I don't need to look at the remote to change channels. To me, the perfect remote is the one you can navigate every button with your thumb and never need to look at. If that is the goal, the Harmony One and Harmony 900 are nearly perfect remotes. The Harmony 650 is not too far behind and is a GREAT value for a remote that can usually be found for $40 to $50.

Just my 0.02 worth...

 


chuckebabe wrote:

Thanks Rick -

I did the download and setup for the Harmony One on Thur. morning before the tech from Comcast arrived.  After he was done I used the remote and it worked perfectly.  In fact the Comcast tech was so impressed with the H One he wanted to know all about it and where I got it. I did tell him that I thought it has been redesigned and from what I have read on here that the redesign wasn't as intuitive as the original.  Told him to go check it out anyway.  Again a big Thank You!


 

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 62 of 1,025
16,546 Views

We switched from Verizon FIOS to Comcast/XFinity 9 days ago -- we now have the X1 OS! 

 

But, we have not been able to sync our 650 Remote with our HD XFinity box. 

 

We do have IR (Infrared) because XFinity box is down below (on a shelf in the sump pump closet just off the main basement room) -- and i don't know if that is the problem now or what.

We did not ever have this issue with the 650 before (we had Verizon Fios & we had regular Comcast Cable Motorola box before).

 

I think this blog has been helpful with getting me to put in XFinity in the manufacturer & X1 as the model.

Then, I tried the you tube video to try to setup the XR2 XFinity Remote instructions -- but i can't get the TV screen to come up where you punch in the 3-digit code...   i think this step is supposed to somehow help with what i thinkn is the IR issue.

 

Anyway, i am at a loss right now.

 

Any suggestions.

 

Thank you!!

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 63 of 1,025
16,538 Views

Sounds to me like your 650 needs to be reprogrammed for the X1 box... Did you do the original programming on your 650? If you did, you just need to reprogram it to replace what ever cable box is there now and add an "Xfinity X1" box instead.


algeo wrote:

We switched from Verizon FIOS to Comcast/XFinity 9 days ago -- we now have the X1 OS! 

 

But, we have not been able to sync our 650 Remote with our HD XFinity box. 

 

We do have IR (Infrared) because XFinity box is down below (on a shelf in the sump pump closet just off the main basement room) -- and i don't know if that is the problem now or what.

We did not ever have this issue with the 650 before (we had Verizon Fios & we had regular Comcast Cable Motorola box before).

 

I think this blog has been helpful with getting me to put in XFinity in the manufacturer & X1 as the model.

Then, I tried the you tube video to try to setup the XR2 XFinity Remote instructions -- but i can't get the TV screen to come up where you punch in the 3-digit code...   i think this step is supposed to somehow help with what i thinkn is the IR issue.

 

Anyway, i am at a loss right now.

 

Any suggestions.

 

Thank you!!





Posted by
Contributor

Message 64 of 1,025
16,524 Views

RickGr4 wrote:

I am not trying to pick a fight with anyone here but I DO NOT care for some of the newer Harmony remotes, especially the Ultimate and the Ultimate One. The reason is very simple. The 0-9 buttons are on the touchscreen which means you need to look at the remote every time you want to directly change a channel or access a favorite. I want the 0-9 buttons to be "hard buttons" so I don't need to look at the remote to change channels. To me, the perfect remote is the one you can navigate every button with your thumb and never need to look at. If that is the goal, the Harmony One and Harmony 900 are nearly perfect remotes. The Harmony 650 is not too far behind and is a GREAT value for a remote that can usually be found for $40 to $50.


 

Certiainly not picking a fight with me. Smiley Happy  Each Harmony has been a step backwards in that regard.  The 650 had hard buttons associated with the screen positions, so I wouldn't have to look at the screen ever.  The Harmony One broke that model and the Ultimate even more so. That made jump to the Ultimate not as bad for me.  That being said, the Ultimate has some REALLY nice features that I like.

 

Bluetooth control built in to the hub so you can do RF + Bluetooth control.  (Sadly Sony broke this with the PS4.)

Update over WiFi - make changes in the software, hit the "sync" command, and the remote and hub update over the Internet.  No need for the USB cable.

IR outputs for the blasters will also work with devices that support direct IR in (like my Denon and Oppo)

 

I agree - I'm not 100% used to the control layout yet, but then again I never used the number keys on my One that much.  I can never remember channel numbers.  But I can have my Favorite channels on the screen of the remote and the new UI makes them very easy to get to.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 65 of 1,025
16,498 Views

RickGr4

 

I have URC MX-780. Were you able to get it to work with X1 Box as a RF? I can't get it to work. Any advice would be appricated.


Thank you

 

Greg

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 66 of 1,025
16,496 Views

The only way an MX-780 will work RF with ANYTHING is if you have a URC RF base such as an MRF-260 or MRF-350.

The MX-780 (as with just about any another remote) will not communicate directly with an X1 box via RF.


Shaggysa wrote:

RickGr4

 

I have URC MX-780. Were you able to get it to work with X1 Box as a RF? I can't get it to work. Any advice would be appricated.


Thank you

 

Greg





Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 67 of 1,025
16,493 Views

I have the MRF-350 and it is connected. I upgraded to the X1 today. I just cant get the MRF-350 / MX-780 to work the the X1 box. Any other suggestions? Maybe I have the wrong code setup for the code in the MX-780? I am not sure... anything suggestions would be great.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 68 of 1,025
16,490 Views

You have access to the URC software and you are a trained programmer?

 


Shaggysa wrote:

I have the MRF-350 and it is connected. I upgraded to the X1 today. I just cant get the MRF-350 / MX-780 to work the the X1 box. Any other suggestions? Maybe I have the wrong code setup for the code in the MX-780? I am not sure... anything suggestions would be great.


 

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 69 of 1,025
16,487 Views

yes I have access to the software.

 

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 70 of 1,025
16,483 Views

But do you know what you are doing with it?

 

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 71 of 1,025
16,480 Views

yes - thought i dont think it is a programing code issue, as it is working when I point it at the x1 box when it is in closet ...

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 72 of 1,025
16,478 Views

I no longer work for a URC dealer but I support the system that they use. If you have access to the latest URC software you should be able to figure this out. There is a code set that works for X1. I don't remember which one it is. It's up to you to figure it out...

 


Shaggysa wrote:

yes I have access to the software.

 


 

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 73 of 1,025
16,476 Views

It is a programming issue... You need to tell the remote/base combo which units are controlled IR and which ones are controlled RF from the base....

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 74 of 1,025
16,473 Views

I take it you reinstalled the IR flasher on the front of the X1 box???

 

 

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 75 of 1,025
16,420 Views

I just got the X1 and a Hormony 650.  The 650 was easy to program and for the most part works.  However, when viewing the guide and pressing the up/down arrows or the page up/down buttons the X1 is receiving random 2's causing the X1 to open the search page.  This happens very often and makes the remote very difficult to use.

 

After a little testing, I found that the Xfinity XR2 does the same if it's unpaired.  So,  this seems to me to be a Comcast issue.  Have you heard of this?

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 76 of 1,025
16,412 Views

Have we heard of it? There is probably four or five currnent threads on the top page of this forum discussing it...

It's not the remote. It will take an update from Comcast to fix it.


randyshan wrote:

I just got the X1 and a Hormony 650.  The 650 was easy to program and for the most part works.  However, when viewing the guide and pressing the up/down arrows or the page up/down buttons the X1 is receiving random 2's causing the X1 to open the search page.  This happens very often and makes the remote very difficult to use.

 

After a little testing, I found that the Xfinity XR2 does the same if it's unpaired.  So,  this seems to me to be a Comcast issue.  Have you heard of this?





 

 

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 77 of 1,025
39,840 Views

I have had the X1 for two months and continue to have the same issue with my primary box. I go to bring up the side guide by hitting right on the central pad and it goes to channel 2 or channel 5. I hit the last button and the same thing. After I go through this back and forth trying to get it to respond correctly, sometimes it does and other times it powers the box down. I contacted comcast to give me back my old box and the old system and was informed it is no longer available and only the X1 boxes are being distributed.

 

Please save me from have to watch ME tv all the time!!!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 78 of 1,025
39,828 Views
Could be the signal level at that particular outlet. When you call in they can see what the RF/return levels are. If they are good more than likely going to have to get the box swapped.
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 79 of 1,025
39,790 Views

a lot of times it could be signal as trustme stated, since then have you completely cycled the box by unplugging it? this is always the first step 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 80 of 1,025
39,778 Views

Vapadula wrote:

I have had the X1 for two months and continue to have the same issue with my primary box. I go to bring up the side guide by hitting right on the central pad and it goes to channel 2 or channel 5. I hit the last button and the same thing. After I go through this back and forth trying to get it to respond correctly, sometimes it does and other times it powers the box down. I contacted comcast to give me back my old box and the old system and was informed it is no longer available and only the X1 boxes are being distributed.

 

Please save me from have to watch ME tv all the time!!!


take a look at this thread on the bottom few post...This is only for ir not a paired remote..

I myself am with trust me on this, but Offer the other persons point of view!!

 

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/The-One-Weak-Spot-I-Have-Noticed-with-the-Arris-X1-DVR-Box/m-p/23396...

 

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 82 of 1,025
39,677 Views

I have a Sony Bravia. When I programming the remote (XR2), it seems to accept the code (10000 and 11100) at first. The Power button blinks twice as per the instruction. I then switch off the tv (works), switch it back on (works). I get to see the picture and change channel. However the volume does not work and after 3-5 secs the screen goes blank. What could be the problem?

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 83 of 1,025
39,675 Views

Did you try all of the other Sony codes???

http://customer.comcast.com/remotes/ 11100, 11317, 10353, 10834, 10080, 11685, 10273, 11400, 11904, 11925


VS123 wrote:

I have a Sony Bravia. When I programming the remote (XR2), it seems to accept the code (10000 and 11100) at first. The Power button blinks twice as per the instruction. I then switch off the tv (works), switch it back on (works). I get to see the picture and change channel. However the volume does not work and after 3-5 secs the screen goes blank. What could be the problem?


 

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 84 of 1,025
39,674 Views

None of the other codes seems to work

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 85 of 1,025
39,666 Views

I also have a Sony Bravia. It would be nice to know how your tv is hooked up to your X-1 box. Are you using HDMI or are you using component?

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 86 of 1,025
39,651 Views
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 87 of 1,025
39,620 Views

Try swapping out your HDMI cable and make sure your cable box is set for the correct resolution.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 88 of 1,025
39,599 Views

In anything Guide related (XoD, Guide, DVR manager) on my X1 DVR, the numbers 2 or 3 will pop up on the screen in that small side menu and attempt to change my channel while going through menus. I replaced my remote once and is still happening on the new one. Same as old one. Anyone having same issue? I can get the number to go away by pressing LAST or EXIT. But it impedes my searching/controlling.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 89 of 1,025
39,627 Views
I also have a remote control glitch...my dvr is xg1-a, my remote xr2-version U2...
When I use the directional buttons, the search box suddenly appears. It doesn't happen all the time, but often enough that it's annoying.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 90 of 1,025
39,575 Views

Pcaetano wrote:
I also have a remote control glitch...my dvr is xg1-a, my remote xr2-version U2...
When I use the directional buttons, the search box suddenly appears. It doesn't happen all the time, but often enough that it's annoying.

Force a DEVICE RESTART and see if you can get the latest update sent to the box.... sounds like you are experiencing what the rst of use went through about 6 months ago...   the dreaded "2" in the search box routine....

 

Good luck!

 

-=Ray=-




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 91 of 1,025
39,575 Views

anonymous2014 wrote:

In anything Guide related (XoD, Guide, DVR manager) on my X1 DVR, the numbers 2 or 3 will pop up on the screen in that small side menu and attempt to change my channel while going through menus. I replaced my remote once and is still happening on the new one. Same as old one. Anyone having same issue? I can get the number to go away by pressing LAST or EXIT. But it impedes my searching/controlling.


ALMOST EVERYONE at some point in the last 6 months has had this happen to them... it went away back in JUNE/JULY when an update came out.... you can try to force a DEVICE RESTART and see if you are missing an update or two...

 

Good luck!

 

-=Ray=-




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 92 of 1,025
39,513 Views

Try pairing the remote via RF signal to the cable box.  Directions are printed on the back of the XR2 remote.




Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 93 of 1,025
39,446 Views
I just got the X1 service and the remote worked fine then today I programed it to work for my audio receiver "yamaha" everything works fine but the power button doesn't work I have to manually turn on and off the box and use the different remote to power on and off the tv and receiver
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 94 of 1,025
39,440 Views

RB1975


We recommend that you leave the cable box powered on.  They receive firmware and software updates from time to time, and they need to be powered on to receive these updates.

 

You can dim the lights on the DVR if the front panel is too bright for you. 

 

Is the box running too hot or loud?  Whats your reason for powering down the X1 box?




Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 95 of 1,025
39,443 Views

The XR2 remote has never turned the X1 box off. X1 boxes are designed and meant to stay turned on 24-7-365.


rb1975 wrote:
I just got the X1 service and the remote worked fine then today I programed it to work for my audio receiver "yamaha" everything works fine but the power button doesn't work I have to manually turn on and off the box and use the different remote to power on and off the tv and receiver





 

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 96 of 1,025
39,379 Views
X1 box is running fine but when I program the remote for the tv it will no longer control the volume of the receiver and vice versa. I'm thinking this remote can only control 1 external device? Would like to have it too control the tv power and reciever volume
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 97 of 1,025
39,364 Views
X1 box is running fine but when I program the remote for the tv it will no longer control the volume of the receiver and vice versa. I'm thinking this remote can only control 1 external device? Would like to have it too control the tv power and receiver volume
__________________

You may have to re-input your receiver codes
http://customer.comcast.com/remotes/



Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 98 of 1,025
39,340 Views

rb1975 wrote:
X1 box is running fine but when I program the remote for the tv it will no longer control the volume of the receiver and vice versa. I'm thinking this remote can only control 1 external device? Would like to have it too control the tv power and reciever volume

The remote controls the volume of the TV.  There is no way to control the volume of the X1 DVR or companion.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 99 of 1,025
39,287 Views

Programmed the XR2 remote to control TV's ON/OFF function, but now it will not turn off the cable box. It would be nice if the remote provided would be a programable universal like my old siver comcast remote. I still have the surround sound processor that now requires the use of it's own remote.

 

Mike

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 100 of 1,025
39,280 Views

mkferrari wrote:

Programmed the XR2 remote to control TV's ON/OFF function, but now it will not turn off the cable box. It would be nice if the remote provided would be a programable universal like my old siver comcast remote. I still have the surround sound processor that now requires the use of it's own remote.

 

Mike


The X1 is designed to be on 24/7 (no reason to power it off). You can set power down time if you like (power light will go off after non-use) in settings. Or you can touch the power button to put the X1 in standby mode.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon