online now

discussions

Remote Control

SOLVED
Highlighted
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 81 of 1,025

Welcome to the new "Remote Control" thread! We ask that you post all of your Remote Control related discussions and issues here. 

Below you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in understanding and using your Remote Control:

Remote Control Basics

Program Your Comcast Remote Control

Thank you in advance for posting!

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
1,024 REPLIES
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 1,025

I just got the new X1 DVR, and I am trying to configure my Harmony Remote to work with it.  Courtesy of Google, I have the impression that I should set the remote to treat the box as a Pace RNG-150N (although I welcome other suggestions).

I assume my XR2 Remote is using RF.  Obviously my Harmony is IR.  If the DVR is paired with an RF remote (e.g. my XR2), will it ignore IR signals?

If so, how do I enable IR on the DVR?

If not...why can't I get my universal remote to work with it?

Thank you!

Joshua

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 1 of 1,025
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 3 of 1,025

No, the X1 does not ignore IR signals when it is paired with its remote.  I can control my X1 box with my Google TV box via an IR blaster.  I tried "learning" the XR2 Revision R2 remote codes with my Sony RM-AV3100 universal remote with and without the XR2 paired.  The RM-AV3100 was able to learn the codes both ways.  There appeared to be no difference in the length of time required to learn each command, which was logner than normal.  However, control of the X1 with the RM-AV3100 is extremely sluggish!  So much so, that it is unusable.  Next, I will try learning the codes with my L5 remote

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 4 of 1,025

Thanks!  Once I realized the issue wasn't the IR, I set the box to PX001ANM in the Logitech settings, made a few tweaks (mapping skip forward to the PageUp button and then setting PageUp to skip by 30 sec), and I was good-to-go.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 5 of 1,025

Guys what universal remote (brand and model number) are you guys using to control the X1?  Have you found one that works that is fairly priced?  The harmony remotes I have looked out that can communicate with IR are like 200+

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 6 of 1,025

I am using a Harmony One and two Harmony 650's. They are controlling the X1 boxes correctly and with very little hassle. When I programmed them I simply entered a Comcast X1 box and nothing else. I did not need to enter RNG-150 or anything like that. Interesting that Harmony's datebase knew that X1 seems to like 1 repeat the best. Harmony 650's can be had for $60 to $70. Last year on Black Friday Best Buy had them for $39. I bought three of them. If they do it again this year I plan to buy more.

joeknasser wrote:

Guys what universal remote (brand and model number) are you guys using to control the X1?  Have you found one that works that is fairly priced?  The harmony remotes I have looked out that can communicate with IR are like 200+

Posted by
Contributor

Message 7 of 1,025

I'm using a Harmony Touch which is probably out of the price range you're after, but it works just fine.  I have no idea what it actually costs because they sent it to me free becuase my 4 year old Harmony One had a swollen battery and couldn't be removed (known issue with Harmony One) and they were providing free replacements even outside of warranty due to the danger/hazard.  They had just discontinued the One though so they offered the Touch instead.  All of the Harmony remotes can talk to IR though and if you use the online myharmony.com site to program the remote you should be good to go with any model.  If it's the RF type remote you're actually after though then yes you will need the more expensive ones.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 8 of 1,025

I just broke down and bought a harmony 650, because I can't stand having another remote around just to change inputs.

It actually is working really well. In fact, I just had to pick xfinity x1 for the device, and it knew about it. They have even ironed out some of the bugs since the last time I tried a Harmony remote....you can set the inital TV power on delay, so that you don't have to hit help the first time you turn everything on. 

I had many doubts, but I'm actually pretty happy with the harmony 650....around $65 at Amazon. 

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 9 of 1,025

Brad you have always been able to set the turn on input delay but it needed to be done within the software. The 650 lets you do it right on the remote and after programming. It's a faster way to do it. I have learned to always test what TV's require for turn on delay before I program the remote. It saves time.

bradbortner wrote:

I just broke down and bought a harmony 650, because I can't stand having another remote around just to change inputs.

It actually is working really well. In fact, I just had to pick xfinity x1 for the device, and it knew about it. They have even ironed out some of the bugs since the last time I tried a Harmony remote....you can set the inital TV power on delay, so that you don't have to hit help the first time you turn everything on. 

I had many doubts, but I'm actually pretty happy with the harmony 650....around $65 at Amazon. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 10 of 1,025

Thanks guys I just ordered mine.  Finally caved in after buying the Xbox one and saw that 650 supports xbox one.

So I went ahead and ordered will be in on Dec 2cd.  Right now I have 3 remotes controlling my living room entertainment center - I am ready to just enjoy using 1 for sure!

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 11 of 1,025

You should have read my other thread about Harmony remotes. Once again this year, Best Buy will have Harmony 650s advertised on Black Friday for $39.99. Last year they had plenty in stock at that price. I plan to buy at least two of them.

joeknasser wrote:

Thanks guys I just ordered mine.  Finally caved in after buying the Xbox one and saw that 650 supports xbox one.

So I went ahead and ordered will be in on Dec 2cd.  Right now I have 3 remotes controlling my living room entertainment center - I am ready to just enjoy using 1 for sure!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 12 of 1,025

Having used Universal Remote Control RF200 (RF20)( which is both IR and RF) remote control, I find it to be non-functional.  This remote allows learning/program code/macros/operation through the cabinet and walls and provide endless operation of up to 10 devices.  I first discovered problems with this remote and others(ranging in cost from $100 to several $1000. 2 years ago with the RNG110 receiver when it first was released. My 1st experience with the new X1/XR1/XR2 system was 3 months ago.  I am a certified electronics tech, have installed thousands of system and remotes over the past 30 years, these incompatibility issues have cost my company, customers, as well as comcast customers who have move to other provide rather than revamp their whole system.  Comcast tech support is unaware and not trained to answer to or solve this problem of incompatibility.  In the end this is costing Comcast customers time and additional cost of their service from comcast as unnecessary tech support calls, receiver exchanges and dispatching of service techs to replace receiver that are total functional just incompatible.

COMCAST PLEASE FIX THESE ISSUES AND TRAIN TECH SUPPORT PERSONAL!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 13 of 1,025

***** Solution *******

There are two options to update your Harmony One Remote, one worked for me the other didn't::

1) Downloaded software (Version 7.0.0 or something)

2) Online remote software on the Logitech website (Support -> Harmony Online Support) 

When adding a device using option 1 the system didn't recognize the DVR no matter how I entered it. I tried Xfinnity X1, PACE, ect...nothing worked and I got an error saying "none of your devices can change a channel. 

Solution: Use option 2 online and simply enter the device manufacture as "Xfinnity" and model as "X1". It recognized it immediately, populated ALL of the commands, and works perfectly. 

So...the software doesn't work but the online updating program works! 

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 14 of 1,025

I don't understand the confusion here. I have a Harmony One, 2 650's, 1 670, 1 650 and 1 620. I just ordered a refurbished 900.

When I program a Harmony for X1, I enter it as a "Xfinity X1" Cable Box and Harmony's database gets it right. Adding long and detailed model numbers on new products sometimes confuses their database. Keep it simple.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 15 of 1,025

I should mention the Harmony software has always worked well for me. I still like it better than the My Harmony web site. I have experienced problems with the My Harmony web site when using Internet Explorer. I have found the My Harmony web site seems to like Mozilla Firefox better.

One odd situation I have come across is when I program my 650's on the My Harmony web site, I need to use to USB 2.0 port on my new HP laptop. For some reason, the My Harmony web site does not like when I plug into one of the three USB 3.0 ports on my new laptop. My 650's cannot complete updating...

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 16 of 1,025
I've had many issues with harmony web site and programming the 650. There seems to be an issue with their USB driver that keeps breaking. It seems random, so I can't tell if it's windows 8, or browser related. The good news is that once it's programmed the remote works well. The bad news is that the bugs with the website turn a five minute process into a sixty minute ordeal.
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 17 of 1,025

I have never encountered a bug while using the www.logitech.com/myharmony web site with my Harmony 650.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 18 of 1,025
Will the 650 work with my Samsung smart tv as well as x1 boxes?
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 19 of 1,025

Absolutely. The 650 can control just about anything that originally came with a remote. Their library of products they can control is very large.

sperling3920 wrote:

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 20 of 1,025

sperling3920 wrote:

It works for mine.  There is even a SmartHub "Activity" that brings up the SmartHub with one button.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 21 of 1,025

The 650 is actually impressive and inexpensive. I have it controlling a combination of Xfinity box, Vizio smart TV, OPPO 105/w a roku stick, and Zvox sound platform. It all works well. Better than older generations of harmony remotes I've tried.

That being said, I find that the online programming, while easy and intuitive to set up, does have a  bug on my systems when I go to synch. There is a problem with their USB driver so that it hangs at 99% quiet frequently. By constantly retrying, rebooting, and changing browsers, I eventually get it to work, but it turns a 10 minute process into 45 minutes. Luckily, once you have the remote set up, you don't have to change things that much. Its possible that they have a windows 8 problem. I also note that they totally won't work with USB 3 ports, just usb 2. Unfortunately, the 650 is a bit of legacy gear for them now, so i don't know if they are really working on fixing this bug...

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 22 of 1,025

bradbortner wrote:

The 650 is actually impressive and inexpensive. I have it controlling a combination of Xfinity box, Vizio smart TV, OPPO 105/w a roku stick, and Zvox sound platform. It all works well. Better than older generations of harmony remotes I've tried.

That being said, I find that the online programming, while easy and intuitive to set up, does have a  bug on my systems when I go to synch. There is a problem with their USB driver so that it hangs at 99% quiet frequently. By constantly retrying, rebooting, and changing browsers, I eventually get it to work, but it turns a 10 minute process into 45 minutes. Luckily, once you have the remote set up, you don't have to change things that much. Its possible that they have a windows 8 problem. I also note that they totally won't work with USB 3 ports, just usb 2. Unfortunately, the 650 is a bit of legacy gear for them now, so i don't know if they are really working on fixing this bug...

I found I had to use Firefox rather than IE to get the software to work consistently.  And I don't use USB 3.0.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 23 of 1,025

I have an assortment of Harmony remotes: 1 Harmony One, 5 650's (2 in use, 2 brand new reserves and 1 that the cat scratched the display really badly) 1 670, 1 650 and 1 620. I am about to order a refurbished 900. I also have a URC MX-780.

Not to pick a fight with anyone, but I DO NOT like the new Harmony remotes. I think having the 0-9 buttons in the touch screen is RIDICULOUSLY bad design because it forces you to look at the screen to simply change channels. My ideal remote is the one can hold in one hand, navigate with just your thumb and never have to look at. The Harmony One and the Harmony 900 were designed to be operated without looking at them. Their button locations and the way they sculpted the buttons to have "feel" is wonderful.

My URC MX-780 is a higher quality remote than the Harmony's are. It is faster and more accurate. It feels more precise and solid. But the button layout is not quite as good the Harmony One and 900.

I happen to think the Harmony One and 900 are nearly perfect remotes. They are the ones I seem to naturally reach for first as does my significant other...

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 24 of 1,025

No such luck with me. I've tried firefox, IE and Chrome. The errors range from not finishing synching to not recognizing the device at all in the browswer, so it won't allow the synch to start. It seems to randomly work. It's possible that switching to a windows 7 machine helps. That was the last time I had a successful synch. 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 25 of 1,025

bradbortner wrote:

No such luck with me. I've tried firefox, IE and Chrome. The errors range from not finishing synching to not recognizing the device at all in the browswer, so it won't allow the synch to start. It seems to randomly work. It's possible that switching to a windows 7 machine helps. That was the last time I had a successful synch. 

Mine is a Win7 machine.  USB 2.0.  Sony laptop.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 26 of 1,025

Brad,

I know we discussed this earlier in this thread but using Firefox and USB 2.0 ports solved all my Harmony programming problems.

I have encountered Harmony remotes that had defective internal memory. They would either not complete the update process or the computer could not even detect the remote was connected.

If your Harmony is new, you might want to consider exchanging it...

There is a way to get a 650 into "safe mode" for programming. I don't recall the exact process. I believe you remove the batteries and hold down the HELP button as you plug the USB cord in...

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 27 of 1,025

Thanks. I'm thinking its a windows 8 issue, since both I and another poster had better luck on a windows 7 machine by changing browsers. 

I had explored the idea of it being a defective remote. Harmony sent me a new one. Same behavior. 

Yes, throwing it into safe mode is one of the things that I tried to get it to work. My perception is it might have helped. I say might because the problem is somewhat random. Sometimes it synchs. Sometimes it stops at 99% many times in a row. Sometimes it won't recognize the remote until I change ports, or reboot the machine. The questions is whether any of the things I do actually are resolving the problem, or whether its just a random walk. 

My suspicion is that the USB driver implementation for the harmony 650 is a bit dodgy. Luckily, I now have it pretty well set up, and won't have to cross this road again until I swap hardware. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 28 of 1,025

I was told by a Comcast rep that X1 is NOT compatable with Harmony.  From what I see here, this information is not correct?

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 29 of 1,025

That is absolute BS. I was just in my Living Room using my Harmony 650 and now I am in my loft using my Harmony One. If a Comcast employee actually said that they should be flogged and then sent into training...

HarGuy wrote:

I was told by a Comcast rep that X1 is NOT compatable with Harmony.  From what I see here, this information is not correct?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 30 of 1,025
Lol@ Rick ( harmony should be sending you stock options)

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 31 of 1,025

Andrew,

The only reason I pimp Harmony so much is because the 650 is such a capable remote for a reasonable price. If I have learned anything in this forum, most people would rather spends ions of time trying to milk the XR2 for more than it's worth instead of spending $60 on a real remote control.

I have been in the Audio/Video industry for 36 years. You separate the men from the boys by how easy your system is to control. In that regard the XR2 and XR5 are absolute jokes. Comcast set themselves up for volumes of service calls with that POS remote when that was actually the very thing they were trying to avoid.

My Harmony One and my Harmony 650's are one of the main reasons I am able to tolerate X1's multitudes of problems that your company appears to be in no hurry to fix. I can program my Harmony remotes to work around Comcast's poor design.

Sorry Andrew but you may have pushed the wrong button...

ComcastAndrew wrote:
Lol@ Rick ( harmony should be sending you stock options)

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 32 of 1,025
Rick I'm on your side, the harmony is on my to-do list. I didn't push the wrong button, with the x1 remote I ran out of buttons lol

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 33 of 1,025

VERY good point Andrew...

ComcastAndrew wrote:
Rick I'm on your side, the harmony is on my to-do list. I didn't push the wrong button, with the x1 remote I ran out of buttons lol

Posted by
Visitor

Message 34 of 1,025

So I think I know the answer, but anyway to get the 650 to learn from the X1 XR2 remote.  Missing the PageUp and PageDown buttons.  Not major, just be a nice to have, love the 650.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 35 of 1,025

You should not need to learn it. I thought PAGE+ and PAGE- were already in their database. If not go ahead and learn them.

swalton69 wrote:

So I think I know the answer, but anyway to get the 650 to learn from the X1 XR2 remote.  Missing the PageUp and PageDown buttons.  Not major, just be a nice to have, love the 650.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 36 of 1,025

swalton69 wrote:

Page up and page down on my 650 are the up and down arrow keys right below the screen.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 37 of 1,025

I program PAGE UP (30 second skip) into the forward skip button and PAGE DOWN (replay) into the backward skip button. It think it's the most intuitive location... Then the scan buttons on the Harmony are still available to use for FF and REWIND.

Love my new 900's by the way. It's currently my absolute favorite universal remote...

RobertWy wrote:

swalton69 wrote:

Page up and page down on my 650 are the up and down arrow keys right below the screen.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 38 of 1,025

Yeah I've got a nice paper weight RF20 now.  I've tried everything.  It can't even learn the IR commands from the X1 remote.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 39 of 1,025

You need to experiment with how far apart you hold the remotes and how long you hold the buttons. However because the RF-20 doesn't program via a computer you could be in trouble.

aquaman222 wrote:

Yeah I've got a nice paper weight RF20 now.  I've tried everything.  It can't even learn the IR commands from the X1 remote.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 40 of 1,025

I hate to be "that guy" who brings back an old post...but I have been trying for the better part of my day to get my Harmony One to control my X1 box. I tried a few weeks ago and failed miserably, but due to the "why do we have two remotes again?" and "I thought you were going to fix this" comments from my girlfriend...here I am.

So far I have tried:

-Ditching the old Logitech program and using the new MyHarmony service

- using the following as the manufacturer and model:

-"Comcast"    "X1"

-"Xfinity"          "X1"

-"Pace"         "RNG-150"

-Unpairing the RF remote that came with the new DVR and trying all things again.

After all of these settings I cannot get any response from the Harmony One on my cable controls. It did work at one time....before I fiddled with anything, when it was set to my old comcast motorola DVR. Granted it didnt have all the functionality, but it changed the channel and brought up the INFO and GUIDE. I dont need the skip ahead 30 sec function or anything fancy, just enough for average daily viewing would make me very happy.

Can someone please please please help me out here? Because heaven forbid we have two remotes to contend with. A huge THANK YOU!! in advance to anyone who can help me out here.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 41 of 1,025

I have no idea why you are having such trouble. I own a wide variety of Harmony remotes including three 900's (my all time favorite remote) and a Harmony One. When I programmed my Harmony remotes I entered make "Xfinity" and model "X1". Harmony's web site took over from there and did a perfect job. ALL of my Harmony remotes control X1 just fine.

There could be something wrong with your remote... Have you updated the firmware???

Tim1968 wrote:

I hate to be "that guy" who brings back an old post...but I have been trying for the better part of my day to get my Harmony One to control my X1 box. I tried a few weeks ago and failed miserably, but due to the "why do we have two remotes again?" and "I thought you were going to fix this" comments from my girlfriend...here I am.

So far I have tried:

-Ditching the old Logitech program and using the new MyHarmony service

- using the following as the manufacturer and model:

-"Comcast"    "X1"

-"Xfinity"          "X1"

-"Pace"         "RNG-150"

-Unpairing the RF remote that came with the new DVR and trying all things again.

After all of these settings I cannot get any response from the Harmony One on my cable controls. It did work at one time....before I fiddled with anything, when it was set to my old comcast motorola DVR. Granted it didnt have all the functionality, but it changed the channel and brought up the INFO and GUIDE. I dont need the skip ahead 30 sec function or anything fancy, just enough for average daily viewing would make me very happy.

Can someone please please please help me out here? Because heaven forbid we have two remotes to contend with. A huge THANK YOU!! in advance to anyone who can help me out here.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 42 of 1,025

RickGr4.

Good job.  You nailed it!

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 43 of 1,025

Thank you. I used to be a Harmony dealer. I have programmed roughly 250 of them for myself, family, friends and customers...

So I guess I know a thing or two about them.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 44 of 1,025

I have used the Harmony 880 since it inception years ago, although I do have to replace it every 3 years due to button failures. It controls X1 flawlessly. I have however purchased the new Harmony Smart Control for my outside/mancave needs. It also works very well with X1. Its use of the wifi for updating, bluetooth control, rf control, smart phone app, makes it far superior to my 880. The small size of the remote with no screen and just a watch battery make it perfect for carrying around outside in my pocket.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 45 of 1,025

Rick Gr4 -

Comcast is coming out to install the X1 box on Thursday (8/28/14).  I have just read this thread and since you seem to have more knowledge than the typical install jockey or anybody else at Comcast I have a request.  Could you tell me what I need to do to get my Harmony One to work with the new box?  My H-One is older (3,4 years?  but I love it.  I read on the thread several different ways and am confused.  I see where different browsers and OS's make a difference.  I have 2 laptops - one older with Win 7 and one newer with Win 8.  I want to be ready as much as possible when the tech gets here. 

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 46 of 1,025

I have a Harmony One and I have used it with X1. My H1 is currently not being used but it works perfectly fine with X1.

When you program an H1, you can either use the Harmony 7.7 software or you can go to the My Harmony web site. Neither are perfect but I GREATLY prefer using the 7.7 software over the My Harmony web site. With the 7.7 software you will not need to be concerned about the browser you use. I don't think you will need to be concerned with whether or not with a USB2 or USB3 port. Harmony now forces use to use the My Harmony web site when programming newer models including the 650. I have found the My Harmony web site GREATLY prefers Firefox and it DOESN'T like USB3 ports. Win 7 or Win 8.1 doesn't seem to matter.

1. Download and use the Harmony 7.7 software to program your remote.
2. Enter the X1 box as make "Xfinity" and model X1. You will be just fine.
3. The Harmony software defaults the H1 to one repeat but I would confirm that. 

FYI, for those of you using Win 8 or 8.1 (I am not aware of any reason not to do the 8.1 update), I HIGHLY recommend you install a program called "Classic Shell". Classic Shell allows you to alter settings in Win 8 and 8.1 to make it operate, look and feel much more like Win 7. Without Classic Shell, I don't think I could live with Win 8 or Win 8.1...

chuckebabe wrote:

Rick Gr4 -

Comcast is coming out to install the X1 box on Thursday (8/28/14).  I have just read this thread and since you seem to have more knowledge than the typical install jockey or anybody else at Comcast I have a request.  Could you tell me what I need to do to get my Harmony One to work with the new box?  My H-One is older (3,4 years?  but I love it.  I read on the thread several different ways and am confused.  I see where different browsers and OS's make a difference.  I have 2 laptops - one older with Win 7 and one newer with Win 8.  I want to be ready as much as possible when the tech gets here. 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 47 of 1,025

Hmm.  I had to replace my receiver because of a storm last week.  When I tried to program my 650, I was led to the download link for MyHarmony.  It appears Logitech is suggesting we use it instead of the web site.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 48 of 1,025

If you are programming a new remote, Harmony will "force" you to use the My Harmony website with any of the current remotes including the 650. However if you originally programmed a 650 using the 7.7  software, I believe you can still program your existing remote or a replacement with the software. When programming an existing 650 or a replacement 650 remote there is a way to skip being forced to the My Harmony web site.

That being said Robert, now might be a good time for you to learn the My Harmony site. It's different but it's not too bad...

RobertWy wrote:

Hmm.  I had to replace my receiver because of a storm last week.  When I tried to program my 650, I was led to the download link for MyHarmony.  It appears Logitech is suggesting we use it instead of the web site.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 49 of 1,025

RickGr4 wrote:

If you are programming a new Harmony will "force" you to use the My Harmony website with any of the current remotes including the 650. However if you originally programmed a 650 using the 7.7  software, I believe you can still program your existing remote or a replacement with the software. When programming an existing 650 or a replacement 650 remote there is a way to skip being forced to the My Harmony web site.

That being said Robert, now might be a good time for you to learn the My Harmony site. It's different but it's not too bad...

RobertWy wrote:

I was reprogramming my 650 when the web site directed me to the MyHarmony download link.  I am now using it instead of the web site to program my 650.

I may not have been very clear.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon