Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Reminders periodically do not work

Frequent Visitor

Reminders periodically do not work

I set some reminders to work permanently and some only once. Currently some of the permanent reminders do not work. For example I have Jeopardy set for every night. The list of reminders show it listed and going to the program options has a setting to update it which inducates it it set. 7:30 pm comes around and there is no message to switch to the program. A one time reminder for later in the night does work.

Official Employee

Re: Reminders periodically do not work

Hi denmarks43, thank you for reaching out. Have you tried cancelling the reminders and setting them back up again?

Thank you

Frequent Visitor

I did reset them and it then worked. I would like to recommend a feature that Dish has. Have the channel switch automatically. That can be an option. Also a little flag in the channel guide indicating a reminder or recording was set would be nice.

Contributor

I have had this problem for a few weeks now with "The Nightly News", some days it works but more often then not it doesn't. It had worked perfectly for years until lately. I did reset the reminder a few times but it hasn't solved the problem.

Frequent Visitor

I still have the problem with Jeopardy. I can clear the reminders. Leave the directory and come back and set it and it might work once. Yes, I do have it set for all shows of the series. I do not seem to have problems with one time reminders. It seems to be a problem with a series.

New Poster

Reprogramming them would be easier if (as I have been suggesting for many years)  there was a list of my reminders available. If the show is in the offseason I can't reset the reminder. 

Contributor

the past month or so my reminders don't work .they show up on the guide/saced/scheduled screen but at the scheduled time no reminders pop up on screen .I've had 3 new boxes.restarted & refreshed system dozens of times .even deleted them all & reset new .still nothing .maybe occasionally a reminder will show as scheduled but then they quit again .I've spent literally hours on the phone & on messanger chat .still no one from comcast can even suggest a solution .HOW MANY OF FELLOW CUSTOMERS ARE HAVING THIS PROBLEM customer service has been useless & I'm ready to switch to fios 

Frequent Visitor

Last night I set a single reminder for Jeopardy which did not work but a show later did work.

I wish Xfinity could fix the problem and also add an option to do an automatic channel switch so I don't have to reach for the remote.

Contributor

it works maybe MAYBE once every few days or so but like you I'll get 1 for say a 2:00 reminder then nothing for days after ..I've tried 3 boxes & every diagnostic option I could dream.of .but no.one has an answer & customer service has been ignoring me .

@denmarks43 wrote:

Last night I set a single reminder for Jeopardy which did not work but a show later did work.

I wish Xfinity could fix the problem and also add an option to do an automatic channel switch so I don't have to reach for the remote.

New Poster

For the reminders that aren't working, are there other reminders set for different programs at the exact same time? And if so, were any of those reminders edited prior to the airing time? 

Contributor

@cchen679 wrote:

For the reminders that aren't working, are there other reminders set for different programs at the exact same time? And if so, were any of those reminders edited prior to the airing time? 

no (occasionally there are more than 1) but only once since this started a month ago. I did edit but I deleted all set reminders & tried resetting with new options .ie instead of on time I set to 1min before & 5 mins before .no change .today no reminders showed at set time .I've tried 3 new boxes .& spent hours with customer service ,no answers .I even refreshed & restarted box today before program times & still nothinh 

Contributor

@flash333 wrote:

I have had this problem for a few weeks now with "The Nightly News", some days it works but more often then not it doesn't. It had worked perfectly for years until lately. I did reset the reminder a few times but it hasn't solved the problem.

same with me same results .even swapped boxes 3 times 

Frequent Visitor

Last night I set one show at 7:30 and one at 8. I then checked both and they were listed in the reminders list. At 7:30 nothing happened but at 8 it worked.

Contributor

@denmarks43 wrote:

I set some reminders to work permanently and some only once. Currently some of the permanent reminders do not work. For example I have Jeopardy set for every night. The list of reminders show it listed and going to the program options has a setting to update it which inducates it it set. 7:30 pm comes around and there is no message to switch to the program. A one time reminder for later in the night does work.

same here but even the 1 time reminders are intermittent .if I set 1 for x o'clock today it works (not always ) if I set a 1 time reminder for say tomorrow .no go .what annoys me is customer service & tech say they haveny had any complaints thats total bs as proven by the # of reports on the same issue here .

Regular Visitor

Irritating!!!!

I have been missing local news program and some other programs due to Reminders not working. 

I've tried everything. Still no reminder (except for a reminder for the Chicago Cubs games from last years World Series which will not turn off).

I've looked all through posts by others who have been having the same problem for quite some time. I see many asking for help but only 1 or 2 replys by Comcast whose only "suggestion" is to Turn Off the Reminder, then Turn It Back On. (which doesn't work, surprise!).

What is most irritating, discouraging, and down right irresponsible, is COMCAST"S LACK OF RESPONSE to all these customer's posts. Typical of Comcast's lack of service and CONCERN. No wonder everyone HATES Comcast. 

I can't (& maybe won't) wait until my contract is up.

Frequent Visitor

@Witch wrote:

Irritating!!!!

I have been missing local news program and some other programs due to Reminders not working. 

I've tried everything. Still no reminder (except for a reminder for the Chicago Cubs games from last years World Series which will not turn off).

I've looked all through posts by others who have been having the same problem for quite some time. I see many asking for help but only 1 or 2 replys by Comcast whose only "suggestion" is to Turn Off the Reminder, then Turn It Back On. (which doesn't work, surprise!).

What is most irritating, discouraging, and down right irresponsible, is COMCAST"S LACK OF RESPONSE to all these customer's posts. Typical of Comcast's lack of service and CONCERN. No wonder everyone HATES Comcast. 

I went to the Xfinity store to see if they could be of help. The answer is no. They are only salespeople and the recommendation was to exchange the box. I asked why it currently works except for one program. I believe there is a directory problem. I can not see how it could be the box when everything is stored on the server and not the box. If you go to My Xfinity at the website you can actually see scheduled recordings but not reminders. I assume reminders are saved the same way.

Contributor

@Witch wrote:

Irritating!!!!

I'm.with you .comcast keeps saying there's nothing wrong  fios here I come 

Contributor

@denmarks43 wrote:

@Witch wrote:

Irritating!!!!

I went to the Xfinity store to see if they could be of help. The answer is no. They are only salespeople and the recommendation was to exchange the box. I asked why it currently works except for one program. I believe there is a directory problem. I can not see how it could be the box when everything is stored on the server and not the box. If you go to My Xfinity at the website you can actually see scheduled recordings but not reminders. I assume reminders are saved the same way.

I've tried 3 new boxes .no change .i see all my scheduled reminders on the xfinity/saved/scheduled page on my screen but not getting reminder at time of show. customer service on messanger stopped replying to my request for help .just ignoring me completely .and on phone the same try a.b.c.d etc .I requested I tech to come & they told me id be charged a service call, REALLY 

Contributor

@hifi459 wrote:

@Witch wrote:

Irritating!!!!

I'm.with you .comcast keeps saying there's nothing wrong  fios here I come 

AND NOT 1 RESPONCE FROM XFINITY ON THESE POSTS 

Expert

@hifi459 wrote:

AND NOT 1 RESPONCE FROM XFINITY ON THESE POSTS 

Not counting ComcastPhil?

Frequent Visitor

Here is a possible solution to the problem of missing reminders. I am still testing it so I am not certain.

When setting a reminder select "This TV" instead of any other choice.

I also set it for one minute early but I doubt that it was the solution but you may want to try both.

I will get back if the reminder I have set for Jeopardy at 7:30 (actually 7:29) every night stops working. It worked last Friday and Saturday (reruns). Today is Monday so it should work tonight.

Contributor

I did those same things no change

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

@hifi459 wrote:

I did those same things no change

You were correct. It didn't work. Same problem. Program at 7:30 periodically works. Program at 8 works.

Contributor

so far the only thing that seams to make a difference is doing a system refresh .but it wont let me do.it every day .IM CONVINCED THE NIGHTLY UPDATE SCREWS THINGS UP. I SET THE UPDATE TIME TO 2-4M & THE REMINDER AT 2M WORKED BUT THE 7PM DIDN'T .I THEN SET UPDATE TO DEFAULT 2-4AM & NONE OF THE REMINDERS WORKED TILL I REFRESHED THE SYSTEM .the reminders must be stored on the cloud since when I got a new box I just plugged it in & all scheduled reminders were listed.

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

I went to the Xfinity store and they recommended exchanging the box. Since I am sure all reminders are stored in the cloud that did not make sense.

Contributor

I've gone through 3 boxes. same issue each 1. 1st time was last year & they worked for a long time. 2nd & 3rd because I changes service to with dvr.I had xg2 & needed xg1 (dvr) but still no reminders