members

online now

discussions

Reminder issues

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

I keep getting reminders for Cleveland Indians baseball games.  I once requested a reminder for a game but now the reminders won't stop.  Mostly the games are on the MLB extra innings channels which I do not have a subscription to.  I've called customer service 2 or 3 times and they can't seem to fix this.  I have turned off notifications hoping that would help but it didn't work.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 2 of 5

Barb_ wrote:

I keep getting reminders for Cleveland Indians baseball games.  I once requested a reminder for a game but now the reminders won't stop.  Mostly the games are on the MLB extra innings channels which I do not have a subscription to.  I've called customer service 2 or 3 times and they can't seem to fix this.  I have turned off notifications hoping that would help but it didn't work.

Set reminders can now be viewed and cancelled from the scheduled list. click xfinity button > Saved > Scheduled > View: Reminders

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-program-reminders/

If the reminder is set then you should be able to view and cancel it.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 5

RadTV wrote:

Barb_ wrote:

Set reminders can now be viewed and cancelled from the scheduled list. click xfinity button > Saved > Scheduled > View: Reminders

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-program-reminders/

If the reminder is set then you should be able to view and cancel it.

Adding to RadTV, this will give you a 2 week view of Reminders. Hopefully what you're looking for falls in that time frame.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 4 of 5
I was dealing with the exact same problem… Went to the "global settings" of the cable box and still could not find a way to cancel these reminders… There was even a reminder setting in the global settings. What ended up happening was I went into the specific upcoming MLB games that had a reminder set for them....(it is unclear to me how these reminders got set because I never set them)...Anyway, for example, a reminder was set for the Orioles, as this team kept popping up when a game was upcoming. I went through the extra inning channels until found an upcoming oriole game, and remove the reminder from the upcoming game. It's almost as if the reminders are tied to the team and not the event. It even said "Remove team reminder". You will know if you have a reminder set on a specific team by clicking on the info button on the specific upcoming game and seeing if there's an option to "remove reminder" or reminder options perhaps.
Highlighted
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 5

Hi,

Reminders for programs are shown if they've been scheduled at some point by a user. To manage/update/cancel program reminders you have set, you can go to Saved/Scheduled and switch the "View" to Reminders. You can then go through and cancel or update them, in the same way that you can manage recordings.

Gwen

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon