Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Red light on Xfinity remote.

Regular Contributor

Red light on Xfinity remote.

The indicator light at the top of the remote turns red each time I hit a button, yet the commands are going through. I changed batteries but it persists. Is this an indication of another problem with the remote? Thanks in advance.

Service Expert

Re: Red light on Xfinity remote.

stevetefft wrote:

The indicator light at the top of the remote turns red each time I hit a button, yet the commands are going through. I changed batteries but it persists. Is this an indication of another problem with the remote? Thanks in advance.

if you are using the XR11 voice remote the red flashes (instead of green) when pressing channel up/down etc means the remote is set to the legacy IR communication mode where you have to point the remote toward the set top box and that the voice function won't work. If you are suing an X1 set top box other than the antique rng150 you can pair that remote to the x1 remote by pressing the set up button on the remote until the LED changes from red to green and then pressing one time the Xfinity button - then type the 3 numbers that appear on the screen.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation