Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Recording Shows on DVR that are later the Scheduled

New Poster

Recording Shows on DVR that are later the Scheduled

We record a number of shows on Sunday night and during football season which usually causes a delayed start.  The most recent experenice was the  past Sunday, March 25 when the WBC Golf went later that usual.  

I scheduled a recording of Madame Secretary to start on time and extended the recording by 30 minutes.  It seems that the DVR only uses the show's start time to begin recording and the result, event extending is that the complete show is not recorded. 

Has anyone experienced this and are there any solutions?  It would seem the the DVR X1 box could be programmed to begin using the name of the show vs just the time.

Expert

Re: Recording Shows on DVR that are later the Scheduled

@Kofa1 wrote:

We record a number of shows on Sunday night and during football season which usually causes a delayed start.  The most recent experenice was the  past Sunday, March 25 when the WBC Golf went later that usual.  

I scheduled a recording of Madame Secretary to start on time and extended the recording by 30 minutes.  It seems that the DVR only uses the show's start time to begin recording and the result, event extending is that the complete show is not recorded. 

Has anyone experienced this and are there any solutions?  It would seem the the DVR X1 box could be programmed to begin using the name of the show vs just the time.

record the show folloing madam secretary and the one after for a total extra hour at least.

Expert

@Rustyben wrote:

@Kofa1 wrote:

record the show folloing madam secretary and the one after for a total extra hour at least.

I didn't know until after the show was recorded that it had been pushed that far forward.  Not good.

New Poster

I have done that before, but it doesn't seem that it should be necessary,  the DVR software should be smart enough to realize the show is later, the guide does.

It seems like Xfinity should look at there software and make the appropriate changes to solve this problem.

Valued Contributor

@Kofa1 wrote:

@Kofa1 wrote:

Sporting events should be recorded manually. Instructions: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-set-a-manual-recording-for-a-channel

You can set it for up to 7 hrs if need be.