Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Reboot

New Poster

Reboot

My tv keeps shutting off, I have done all the troubleshooting steps and it just keeps doing it. I missed the last 15 minutes if my program. Then I had to turn it off and reboot again. Very frustrating. Sometimes it just says “no signal”
Service Expert

Re: Reboot

wrote:
My tv keeps shutting off, I have done all the troubleshooting steps and it just keeps doing it. I missed the last 15 minutes if my program. Then I had to turn it off and reboot again. Very frustrating. Sometimes it just says “no signal”

do you have more than one set top box connected TV? if so, are they all having this problem? are you losing your internet at the same time?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

No I only have 1 box. It’s only my TV with the problem. It happens all through the day. Sometimes it will just stop on a pic and freeze. Then I have to turn off and unplug and reboot to get service. Also why is there in 1 hr program there is about 25 minutes of program and the rest is just a repeat over and over of commercials. Is this from the “live tv”. It’s horrible to pay what you charge just to watch commercials all day.
Service Expert

wrote:
No I only have 1 box. It’s only my TV with the problem. It happens all through the day. Sometimes it will just stop on a pic and freeze. Then I have to turn off and unplug and reboot to get service. Also why is there in 1 hr program there is about 25 minutes of program and the rest is just a repeat over and over of commercials. Is this from the “live tv”. It’s horrible to pay what you charge just to watch commercials all day.

Run an extension cord to another plug to remove the plug as the issue?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation