Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Re: Pixilating picture with breaking up sound

Frequent Visitor

i just switched to comcast and i'm beginning to already regret it. having problems too with pixelation and sound distortion,different channels,different times. never ever had that problem with verizon and if this can't be fixed i will surely return to verizon. i see alot of people are having this particular problem but i have not read of anybody whom and how thiswas solved.

any feed back is appreciated.

Frequent Visitor

pixelation

anybody having trouble with picture break up and sound distortion

Official Employee
Official Employee
Moved:

Re: pixelation

Official Employee
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

comcast came and changed the dvr box but it still is doing it. the trouble is it seems to come and go on different channels but after reading the forums a lot of people are experiencing the same problems especially hd channels. called comcast again and try to get the issue resolved,if i do i will post the solution.

Gold Problem Solver

Pixelation and sound dropouts happen when the signal for the channel you are trying to watch is not usable. This might be because of a problem at Comcast (check https://customer.comcast.com/Secure/MyServices/) or a bad cable box, but is most likely due to a poor connection between the box and Comcast's network.

Troubleshoot by checking all connectors and looking for damaged coax cable. Running the cable through a surge protector, a defective splitter, or too many splitters can cause signal problems as well. You might also try unplugging the cable box/DVR/digital adapter power cord for a minute or so.

If you can't find the problem, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast and ask them to check the account setup and send a refresh signal to the box. If they can't fix the problem during the phone call, insist that they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (http://www.comcast.com/spp/, about $5/mo). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast cable box/DVR/digital adapter or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

For additional information please see Pixelation, video and audio dropouts, One Moment Please S0a00 messages.

Official Employee

german1 wrote:

i just switched to comcast and i'm beginning to already regret it. having problems too with pixelation and sound distortion,different channels,different times. never ever had that problem with verizon and if this can't be fixed i will surely return to verizon. i see alot of people are having this particular problem but i have not read of anybody whom and how thiswas solved.

any feed back is appreciated.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have asked a colleague to review your account and reach out to you so that we can get any underlying issues identified and resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

Admin1

Hello german1,

I sent some resets to your boxes to try to clear up this issue. I also put in for a tech callback to follow-up. If this is still an issue, we may need to have a tech come back out to look over the signal strength on your lines.

Frequent Visitor

zach,thank you for the effort but it did not help. i have called and somebody is coming out today. as far as the signal strength coming from the individual channels,not so. i had verizon before and never had a problem with this. i do hope i can get this solved or else i'll have to go back to verizon. i have a month before my 2 year contract kicks in and i do not want to live with this for two years.

Frequent Visitor

yet another technician came out and did the following: changed three way splitter,gave me two new boxes and remotes,check the outside box and all the connections. to no avail,it is still pixelating and distorting the sound.

i do appreciate that all of the people i have dealt with so far have been very courteous. somebody is suppose to come back today and check further,will post of the outcome.

Expert

Might be a problem outside your residence.  (Apartments are known to have issues with connections, btw)

Frequent Visitor

issue with pixelation and sound restortion resolved. it ended up being a bad line outside the house and once that was fixed my problems disappeared. in closing,if anybody is struggeling with those type of issues most likely it's not the boxes or their connection but the lines outside the house.  one thing i like to mention,everybody i have dealt with has been most professional and courteous. than you for that.

New Poster

I am having the same issue. It comes and goes. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Official Employee

Read the link that BruceW posted above and the post right above yours for possible solutions
New Poster

I have the same issue! Its so frustrating!!!! We ended up watching most the things thought the internet since it kept pixelating. We have had our cable box switched and chatted with them 4 times now with no solution! Hope they fix this for everyone soon

Gold Problem Solver

abriggs,

Your solution is contained within the thread you posted in. When watching cable TV if your picture is "pixelating" the cause is almost always poor incoming signal.

If you are not familiar with troubleshooting this sort of thing, I strongly suggest you contact Comcast and have them send a tech out. I have no doubt that you have issues that can be fixed.

abriggs1232 wrote:

I have the same issue! Its so frustrating!!!! We ended up watching most the things thought the internet since it kept pixelating. We have had our cable box switched and chatted with them 4 times now with no solution! Hope they fix this for everyone soon