Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Picture Freezing

New Poster

I've had 3 tech's come out, numerous calls to the support center and my account had been credited up to around $100 and it is still freezing. No one knows what to do. All the techs have said that the signal is perfect. I've replaced the main box 3 times, changed out the cables into the house, to the spliter and then to the box. Tried different HDMI cables. I'm about to switch services because of this. Live tv just freezes but audio still comes through. I can access the guide, menus and all other services from the remote. The only way to fix the freezing is to restart the cable box by either unplugging it or through the remote. My neighbor down the street is having the same problem. Any ideas anyone?
Service Expert

hi, I moved your post to a separate thread in the forum and I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi, Cdsette - We definitely need to reach out to local Tech Ops team to find what causing this issue with freezing. Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and a phone number. Thank you!

Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you, I originally posted on that other thread back on March 1, 2017 with the same problem and it still hasn't been resolved. I doubt that it ever will.
Official Employee

@Cdsette - I'm not going to send you another technician, I will try to reach out to the local team to see if they are aware of these issues or not. I understand your position and disbelief in our service but I will do my best to find a resolution. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Hi, I am having the same issues. Just got a new Box ARRIS XG1v4 - seemed great and set it up last night. Turned on the tv this morning and within 30 sec the picture froze and couldn't advance channel or sound. I shut off the system turned it back on and below is what showed up. I turned the system off again and on again, same thing. Then the box restarted itself and re connected and came back to live tv. What is going on? I am not paying for the service anymore. Any resolution to this issue?? I have had two techs out and fixed signal issues. No avail...

IMG_3213-1.jpg

Service Expert

wrote:

Hi, I am having the same issues. Just got a new Box ARRIS XG1v4 - seemed great and set it up last night. Turned on the tv this morning and within 30 sec the picture froze and couldn't advance channel or sound. I shut off the system turned it back on and below is what showed up. I turned the system off again and on again, same thing. Then the box restarted itself and re connected and came back to live tv. What is going on? I am not paying for the service anymore. Any resolution to this issue?? I have had two techs out and fixed signal issues. No avail...

IMG_3213-1.jpg

"I am not paying for the service anymore." ???

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

What's the question? My patience is wearing thin so why would I pay for a service that doesn't work?

Service Expert

wrote:

What's the question? My patience is wearing thin so why would I pay for a service that doesn't work?

Call 1800comcast and ask for a TV option - agent.  I had an issue with one of my X1 boxes yesterday and got excellent support that fixed my issue.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I've called them about 10 times, had two techs out - each one saying something different. What was your issue?

Service Expert

wrote:

I've called them about 10 times, had two techs out - each one saying something different. What was your issue?

My TV was out for four months after Hurricane Harvey,  Just finished repairs so I was able to try TV.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I am having the same problem. When changing channels, the image on the new channel freezes. Sound is unaffected, but restarting the X1 box is the only way I have found to fix the video.

The problem started last fall and has increased in frequency.

Service Expert

@MDarnell1 wrote:

I am having the same problem. When changing channels, the image on the new channel freezes. Sound is unaffected, but restarting the X1 box is the only way I have found to fix the video.

The problem started last fall and has increased in frequency.

you are describing a handshake issue HDMI to HDMI. How is the set top box connected to the TV? did you try removing and inserting the hdmi cable ends a few times to be sure there is a good connection. might be easier to change ends of the HDMI cable (swap ends of the cable from box to TV).

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I too am having this issue, I also have channel bonding issues no one will address...
New Poster

We have had over 20 Xfinity technician visits to address picture freeze. The last tech was a "lead tech". He was able to improve the freeze problem by removing equipment that previous Xfinity tech installed. This tech told my Comcast technicians are poorly trained. It's time for me to schedule another tech appointment.
New Poster

I have exactly the same issue. I had xfinity service installed on March 26, 2018. Since the very first day, my tv freezes. Changed main tv-receiver box 4 times since then, connecting cables changed. No matter what you do, the tv picture freezes. I never had this issue for the last 10 years when DirectTV was providing TV service.

New Poster

Same problem here. Screen freezes when trying to start something from the DVR or when changing the channel. Over and again. I have called and they send a reset but it still happens all the time.
Service Expert

@Stged20 wrote:
Same problem here. Screen freezes when trying to start something from the DVR or when changing the channel. Over and again. I have called and they send a reset but it still happens all the time.

You may need a tech visit.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Has anyone on this thread had the problem solved by a tech visit? Honest question.
New Poster

Nope, had 7 tech's come out, all lines in my house and at the pole replaced. 4 boxes replaced, switched tv's as well. Have had my account credited over $200 and it wasn't resolved. Eveeyone said I had perfect signal reception. I called and canceled TV service and switched back to DirecTV. Paying a lot less now with the same channels and it hasn't frozen once. Much happier now.
New Poster

No one has ever had this issue resolved (short of canceling service) because this is an issue that resulted from a software update in late 2016 and comcast/xfinity will never in their lives say problems like that are anything other than signal issues. Nevertheless they still kick the competition's butt so we deal with a few reboots a week...
Service Expert

@NuConcept wrote:
No one has ever had this issue resolved (short of canceling service) because this is an issue that resulted from a software update in late 2016 and comcast/xfinity will never in their lives say problems like that are anything other than signal issues. Nevertheless they still kick the competition's butt so we deal with a few reboots a week...

I don't have to reboot any of my six X1 boxes that often.  It takes some work to get a solid connection; mine was fixed by fixing a coax connection on my head-end at the end of my block on the pole that is shared with the power company and phone company,  Someone bent a coax connection probably by stepping on it.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

The Same Issue for Me. Just started happening after 2 years ..... and have had to reboot twice this week.

Service Expert

@wizzzard wrote:

The Same Issue for Me. Just started happening after 2 years ..... and have had to reboot twice this week.

You wouldn't happen to be in an apartment complex?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Been having the same issue, frozen screen after channel change. Have to unplug the power and plug it back in to get it working. Comcast wants to send a tech out, I think I have had over 20 techs to my house in last 2 years, 5 in one week. Verizon is installing fiber on my street this week. As soon as they get fiber to my house I am switching.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 24 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 13 in conversation